I'd love some vegan friends!

Options
Roodlokje
Roodlokje Posts: 25 Member
So, back in 2017 I finally hit the 35kgs lost. I was 75kgs and I needed to lose 5kgs to be at a healthy BMI - slimmest I've ever been in my life. I still saw the 35kgs when I looked in the mirror though.

I got pregnant, got seriously ill and bedridden and I gained a lot. I don't blame myself, it was hella hard, but now I really want to get back to a healthier weight and feel better in my body. I don't mind the soft belly and stretch marks at all, I just want to be lighter and feel lighter.

I am currently somewhere around 200lbs+ and wanting to go to around 150lbs.

I am leaning towards a high carb low fat vegan diet, but mostly just trying to eat whole foods.

I'd love some friends on here so we can comment on each others diaries for encouragement. Anyone? :smile:

Replies

• quartzkhrysopos
    quartzkhrysopos Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I get it!! I was in hospital for nineish months, (not eating related) and I gained so much weight just from not being able to excercise. Now that I'm out, im managing to healthily burn it off with a low carb vegan diet but it's not doing much. I'd love to be friends! I'm a newbie though and I'm not sure how to friend someone :/
  • lpina2mi
    lpina2mi Posts: 425 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    I need to work daily dairy out and monthly fish. Eating 6c+ vegetables daily + 1-2 servings fruit + nuts & seeds + legumes (love legumes & kale for a base for my main meals). I am relatively low carbs at 96g from all sources, which I can hit by rationing grain servings on a weekly basis.
  • noel2fit
    noel2fit Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Me too!! Post for adds!
  • RooRow
    RooRow Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm a vegan and faithful food logger. Always happy to have more friends on here for motivation. I have no idea why but I always feel better about completing my diary each day when someone "likes" it. Whatever works!
    Anyone in this group can feel free to add me!
  • littlestkitten
    littlestkitten Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey! Also vegan here! I’d love some vegan friends to share recipe ideas with and just to keep accountable for our goals.
  • Plantbase2020
    Plantbase2020 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hello you can add me to your friends group
  • angstbear
    angstbear Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I'm also looking for fellow vegan friends. I've struggled in the past to log consistently, but I'm really focused on trying to hit specific macros right now, so that seems to be helping. More vegan friends would help further with motivation and recipe ideas.