Just joined and looking for veggie buddies!

SelfCare2017
SelfCare2017 Posts: 13 Member
Hello, everyone :smile:

I've just joined MFP - and this group! - and am aiming to lose just over 40lbs. I'm an English teacher and art student, love yoga (although I haven't done much of it lately!), and walking my two rescue dogs, especially on the beach.

I live in Scotland and have been vegetarian for most of my life - I've recently been trying to include more vegan choices and cut back on dairy as I don't think it agrees with me all that well. I'd love to connect with more people who can help to keep me motivated and encourage me to stay on track when life gets busy or I start to lose my willpower!

Feel free to say hello and add me as a friend :smiley:

Replies

• kmgroeneweg131
    kmgroeneweg131 Posts: 8 Member
    Hi! I'm also a current vegetarian (somewhere around 5 years) and am working to eliminate dairy. I'm always open to new friends to share recipes with!
  • arizonadesert3
    arizonadesert3 Posts: 8 Member
    I'm a long time vegan and would like to have like minded friends to share with!
  • sparkletexan777
    sparkletexan777 Posts: 8 Member
    Hello everyone and Happy New Year! I'm not new to MFP nor am I completely unfamiliar with a plant based diet. I've never really been much of a meat eater but I sure have eaten PLENTY unhealthy processed foods. I'm a one year cancer survivor and would like to get rid of the processed crap and exchange it for more healthier, colorful plant based foods.

I would love the support so please feel free to add me so we can do this together.
  • arizonadesert3
    arizonadesert3 Posts: 8 Member
    Hi Sparkle! I'm a cancer survivor, too. There is processed food all around us and it's so easy to make a poor choice, even as a veg. I join you in that goal to eat less processed food. Welcome!
  • lalajka
    lalajka Posts: 368 Member
    Hi everyone! I'm vegan and just got back to mfp, looking for new friends. Feel free to add me :blush:
  • toxicslix
    toxicslix Posts: 18 Member
    Hi everyone! I transitioned to a vegetarian diet a few years ago and then recently moved back to Vancouver Canada. I've lost my way ...giving in to easy and fast food. I've noticed a few interesting things that have also come back as a result, aches and pains, longer recovery times when I work out, general fatigue........ so I'm going back to a Plant Based Whole Foods regime and am looking for buddies to help keep me on track!!
  • sarasherrill
    sarasherrill Posts: 13 Member
    Just sent a friend request