Transitioning from Weight Watchers to MFP

Options
scx11
scx11 Posts: 6 Member
Hi! I am moving from Weight Watchers (lost 55 pounds total) to MyFitnessPal and would love to connect with ladies looking to maintain a healthy lifestyle! I am moving to MFP because life is hectic and I need to be able to fuel my body the way it needs to be fueled and WW hasn’t been working for me. The program is fantastic, I just need a fresh start with something new! Insert this app and community!

Feel free to add me as a friend!

💕 Stephanie

Replies

• ashflud339
    ashflud339 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am also making the switch from WW to MFP. I lost 71 pounds with WW but it stalled. I saw my doctor and she recommended MFP. Good luck to you and congratulations on your incredible weight loss!!

Ash
  • jazzin21
    jazzin21 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I was on weight watchers too! Five years ago I had lost 73 pounds on the old ww system and then got off of it and gained all my weight back and some. My doctor recommended me to be on a 1200-1400 calorie diet. Hopefully it works!
  • Smg1979
    Smg1979 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am slowly transitioning. I found the new style of WW not helping me at all! So I joined MFP hoping to get out of my stall! Anyone can add me! I love meeting new people!
  • angrybutter
    angrybutter Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am transitioning off WW to MFP as well, the meetings weren't working any more and I needed more flexibility without having the mind game of going way negative on my dailies or weeklies. I still have a lot of weight to lose so would love to hear how others are making this journey work.
  • ehr0509
    ehr0509 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am also transitioning from WW to MFP. I really struggled with the new freestyle. My weight lost stalled with freestyle. I would to keep each other motivated!
  • aliciarosie2014
    aliciarosie2014 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! I’m 37 and a mom of two little ones. I used MFP after my first kid and lost about 60#. Tried again after the second kid and just couldn’t commit. Now I’m on WW but my 6 month subscription is almost up. I’ve lost almost 25# but still have 15 to go until I reach goal. I just started using both apps bc I plan on transitioning back to MFP. I’m worried that I won’t stick to the program though.
    I’m super frustrated with trying to lose weight and failing. I get stressed and drink wine and night snack and mess up any progress I made during the week
  • babinsiegel3
    babinsiegel3 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am starting on MFP today for the same reasons everyone is mentioning! I did great on the past WW programs but I gained 15 lbs back and haven't been successful with freestyle. So I'm going to move here to lose those 15 plus the rest! I am feeling very motivated today so I'm hoping the feeling stays!!
  • VpinkLotus
    VpinkLotus Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    I’ve been back and forth between the 2 for years. I’ve finally accepted that WW helps me to lose weight but isn’t good for me to try to sustain permanently. I guess I’m just constantly searching for the best plan for me. It’s a constant struggle. I’m only about 20 lbs. overweight, but it’s 20 that taunt me endlessly! Here I am back at MFP again 🤷‍♀️
  • vacamama
    vacamama Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I have never had great success with WW. I am back to MFP after a very long hiatus and ready to rock. feel free to add me if you want to support each other!! (open invitation for anyone! I'd love some new friends)