Hello my name is Kim and I'm a food addict...

Options
Kimbermcle9
Kimbermcle9 Posts: 15 Member
Yep that's right I'm addicted to food.. all food. I love fruits and veggies and I love poptarts and lucky charms. Oh my gosh lucky charms is like my crack! But in general I love all food. Now the problem with food addiction is, you am can't quit cold turkey! You need food to survive..but damn how do I get away from the dang lucky charms?? It's like that little leprechaun is running after me throwing marshmallows at me! Damn leperchaun. Anywho.. as I'm writing this I'm thinking to myself am I foodie or someone with a severe sweet tooth? I do love the high a snickers gives me. So question for anyone reading this is...how do I battle this addiction???

Replies

• Carnivorekat
    Carnivorekat Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I have struggled with food as an addiction for many years - I find myself able to stick to a diet for so long and then the binges come back - the diet I have found the best to take the cravings away has been the Atkins diet - I find I crave less on this although I still get the binge attacks they are fewer and less bingey and I seem to find I am more in control of the food I eat - not everyone will think the Atkins diet is a good one, it is all about finding what is right for you - I notice if I eat too many carbs I want to binge more on them its like a vicious circle
  • prayerseeker
    prayerseeker Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Kim, I too am an addict or as I call it a compulsive over eaters. I joined OA and it has really helped me. First month into program I have lost 17 pounds than some of my sanity. It’s not for everyone, but if you go onto the website for OA You can check it out. Here to answer any questions if you need it. It works for me
  • HollyFromTexas
    HollyFromTexas Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I have lost 85 pounds several times. But the hinges just come back. I'm now bigger than I've ever been and I'm not finding the ability or motivation to try again. I know food addiction is real. I also have used Atkins with a lot of success however when you fall off the weight comes back very quickly.
  • HollyFromTexas
    HollyFromTexas Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Should have been binges not hinges