Leslie Sansone December 2019 Walk Challenge

Options
texasgardnr
texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
edited November 2019 in Social Groups
WELCOME to all walkers!

The December Walk Challenge starts in a day or two :p , so now is the time to be thinking about our new individual monthly challenge goals!

Having Leslie's, or other walking or workout DVDs, can be a great alternative to walking outdoors in the freezing cold or snowy days of December when it is difficult to get outside for a walk. For some of us, walking or hiking outdoors might still be a pleasant alternative to using a DVD, especially on those bright sunny winter days.

This group is open to any and all walkers. The majority of us use Leslie Sansone Walk At Home DVD workouts as well as other workout instructors to mix it up, as well as those great walks or hikes outside on the trails or pathways that are available to us, or a walk in our neighborhood, and on the treadmill. All of these many options count toward our miles, steps, or minutes. However you get your walk in or your exercise done, come on in and join us! Post your miles, steps, or minutes that you have walked, however you record it... it is all good, and hopefully fun also!

We are a happy, supportive group, and I promise that joining this walk challenge will motivate, challenge, as well as inspire you!

Set your personal goal for how you want to record your walk or exercise for this month. This is your own personal goal :star:. Post your results daily, weekly, or whenever you are able to. It is such an encouragement to read each others' posts.

If you find this challenge at any time of the month it doesn't matter which day of the month that you join in. Just set your goals to reflect what you want to do for the remaining days in the month. You are always welcome :) !
So... please feel free to start today, so that by the end of the month you will be that much closer to your health goals. It is never too late in the month to join B)

It is always fun to read which walking DVD you used or if you are using another form of strength or cardio exercise, or even found a new place to walk. We all could use some new inspiration or ideas sometimes. So please share if you would like to :p .

I know that I say this each month but I am truly grateful for each one of our precious walkers who continue to inspire and motivate mile by mile, and step by step, each month. And especially for all the walkers who have kept this challenge active and awesome during this past year.

I know that we are all excited to see our long time faithful walking friends o:) join us for yet another amazing month together, and we are awaiting the opportunity to welcome newcomers to this month's Walk Challenge, the last one for 2019!

Lace up those walking shoes and get some water...it's time to walk into December. Can you believe it :o . It is like we blinked and December is right here, awaiting the turn of the calendar page.

We are walking strong, together!

texasgardnr :flowerforyou:

Replies

• Deeder522
    Deeder522 Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    November kicked my down a couple of time and I just missed my goal by a few miles.
    Decemeber I'm keeping my goal the same 85Miles. Apple Challenge: Close my exercise ring 5 times.
    Side goal. Lose as much weight as possible to feel good about being in a friends wedding in June 2020. This means adding in some strength training for Arms and Backs muscle.

@zichab: Still slightly jealous that you get to go to the Netherlands. I would love to visit there someday. Oh, the land of my peoples.
  • JoyStoltenburg
    JoyStoltenburg Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I have to report for the DREADED JURY DUTY on the 3rd. So not sure how that is going to mess up my schedule. I want to get back to my Leslie Walks as well as my property walks. I am going to shoot for 3 miles a day this month and losing 5 lbs. Need to get the rest of this weight off. NO MORE EXCUSES!

12/1 Workout #254 Cleaning house and decorating for Christmas. Tree is up, lights are hung even have socks for the fake fireplace. It is 1:00 and I have 1.3 miles in. so far. May add to my post if I go for a neighborhood walk.
  • JoyStoltenburg
    Options
    I have to report for the DREADED JURY DUTY on the 3rd. So not sure how that is going to mess up my schedule. I want to get back to my Leslie Walks as well as my property walks. I am going to shoot for 3 miles a day this month and losing 5 lbs. Need to get the rest of this weight off. NO MORE EXCUSES!

12/1 Workout #254 Cleaning house and decorating for Christmas. Tree is up, lights are hung even have socks for the fake fireplace. It is 1:00 and I have 1.3 miles in. so far. May add to my post if I go for a neighborhood walk
    #254.1 2.14 miles Neighborhood walk in 35 mins So total miles so far is 3.44
  • zichab
    zichab Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    Goal: US-3 Miles on MWF and 4-5 Miles on SSu: Netherlands- 3.0 every other day=70 minimum for the month.

12/1-WAH-5 Mile Fat Burning Walk-5 miles total

I figured I might as well start the month strong since it looks like I may have to take 2 rest days each week and do some strength training, both of which kill my miles and my Garmin steps! I am counting on a lot of classroom walking this month! :laugh:
    Deeder522 wrote: »
    @zichab: Still slightly jealous that you get to go to the Netherlands. I would love to visit there someday. Oh, the land of my peoples.

Oddly, it is the land of my people as well!!! Go us!!!! :+1: My husband is the Czech, but my ancestors came to Fort Orange during the huge Dutch migration up the Hudson River in the early 18th century (1720) before it was even called Albany NY. They were originally from Germany, but were driven out during the 16th century in one of the many wars and went to Holland. They lived there until the early 18th century when they came to the Dutch area of NY, which was all along the Hudson River to be honest, but they settled in what is now Albany.

Netherlands is a very familiar country when you visit it. Virtually everyone speaks English and the mannerisms are very familiar. The Dutch are polite like Americans (at least in public :laugh: ) and the highways, cars etc are all very familiar. The only thing that I find very difficult to get used to is the bikes!!! They are everywhere and have the right of way in almost any situation, even over pedestrians!!! I have not been brave enough to drive there because of the bikes as I have been chastised by bike bells for walking in the wrong place!!!! :neutral: Other than that, I love Netherlands and if I had to leave the US, would not mind living there. It is definitely worth a visit if you ever get the chance and there are tons of canals that make for beautiful walks! :wink:

Walk Strong Everyone! :bigsmile:
  • zichab
    Options
    Goal: US-3 Miles on MWF and 4-5 Miles on SSu: Netherlands- 3.0 every other day=70 minimum for the month.

-Vivofit tracked .6 miles=5.6 miles total
    12/2-WAH-3 Mile Weight Loss Walk=3 miles=8.6 miles total

OK, this walk uses hand weights so it is technically "strength training." That is my story and I am sticking to it! :laugh:

• JoyStoltenburg
    Options

12/1 Workout #254 Cleaning house and decorating for Christmas. Tree is up, lights are hung even have socks for the fake fireplace. It is 1:00 and I have 1.3 miles in. so far. May add to my post if I go for a neighborhood walk
    12/2 Workout #255 Cleaning space. Chasing ants. normal end of month/1st of month paper work 1.13 miles Tomorrow is JURY DUTY
  • JoyStoltenburg
    Options

12/2 Workout #255 Cleaning space. Chasing ants. normal end of month/1st of month paper work 1.13 miles Tomorrow is JURY DUTY
    12/3 Workout #256 Walking, cleaning property & spaces. Then to Sam's Club to pick up supplies & loading & unloading said supplies. Got kicked off Jury duty today. but got 3.62 miles in.
  • AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,588 Member
    Options
    I'm going to sit this month out. I think I'm just going to "free style" it. Just get up and do what I feel like that day. I have the luxury of doing this as I'm retired. I'm sticking with the dreaded strength workouts. I am stronger than I've ever been, I believe, due to them. Funny how something you don't like can be so good for you. ;)

I'll be in and out to cheer you all on, though. Hope you all have great month!
  • zichab
    Options

-Vivofit tracked 2.3 miles=10.9 miles total
    12/3-rest dau-Vivofit 5.2 miles=16.2 miles total
    12/4-4 Miracle Miles=4 miles=20.2 miles total

OK, I am not overly fond of this Miracle Miles series. I think her older band workout videos are much better. There is too much standing in these. It would be better is she just did a standing band workout and called it the strength training mile. This box set may just end up at Good Will when we move. :neutral: Rest Day tomorrow!

AnnofB wrote: »
    I'm going to sit this month out. I think I'm just going to "free style" it. Just get up and do what I feel like that day.

I probably should have done this as well Ann, but I want to be in shape for Netherlands and I am afraid I will find excuses not to work out if I do not have some goal. Already I am giving up on Tuesday in addition to Thursday. However, I have made a commitment to add some serious strength training to my routine in January as I am done with night classes for the rest of my career, which is getting shorter by the day! :laugh:

• JoyStoltenburg
    Options

12/3 Workout #256 Walking, cleaning property & spaces. Then to Sam's Club to pick up supplies & loading & unloading said supplies. Got kicked off Jury duty today. but got 3.62 miles in.
    12/4 Workout #257 Walking & cleaning property. 2.47 miles
  • AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,588 Member
    Options
    @zichab,

"OK, I am not overly fond of this Miracle Miles series. I think her older band workout videos are much better. There is too much standing in these. It would be better is she just did a standing band workout and called it the strength training mile. This box set may just end up at Good Will when we move. :neutral: Rest Day tomorrow!"

That's a good idea about doing a band workout mile instead of the 3 or 4 minutes with the band in each mile.

I'm going to sit this month out. I think I'm just going to "free style" it. Just get up and do what I feel like that day.

"I probably should have done this as well Ann, but I want to be in shape for Netherlands and I am afraid I will find excuses not to work out if I do not have some goal. Already I am giving up on Tuesday in addition to Thursday. However, I have made a commitment to add some serious strength training to my routine in January as I am done with night classes for the rest of my career, which is getting shorter by the day!"

You've got a plan, that's more than half the battle. I can't see you back sliding now. Inching toward retirement now!
  • JoyStoltenburg
    Options
    I am going to shoot for 3 miles a day this month and losing 5 lbs. Need to get the rest of this weight off. NO MORE EXCUSES!
    OK You all know that I work in a Storage Facility and my workouts consist of walking the property, cleaning it and spaces so unless I do something different I am going to be posting the day and mileage. This will cut down on the length of posts for me.
    12/1 3.36 total miles
    12/2 1.24 total miles
    12/3 2.94 total miles
    12/4 2.54 total miles
    12/5 2.69 total miles
  • zichab
    Options

-Vivofit tracked 1.2 miles=21.4 miles total
    12/5-rest day-4.9 miles=26.3 miles total
    12/6-WAH-Walk Slim-Fast & Firm-4 Really Big Miles=30.3 miles total
    You've got a plan, that's more than half the battle. I can't see you back sliding now. Inching toward retirement now!

Semester by semester!! This one ends Dec 18 and then I only have 2 left! :drinker: The countdown has begun! :laugh:

• JoyStoltenburg
    Options
    I am going to shoot for 3 miles a day this month and losing 5 lbs. Need to get the rest of this weight off. NO MORE EXCUSES!
    OK You all know that I work in a Storage Facility and my workouts consist of walking the property, cleaning it and spaces so unless I do something different I am going to be posting the day and mileage. This will cut down on the length of posts for me.
    12/1 3.62 total miles
    12/2 1.24 total miles
    12/3 2.94 total miles
    12/4 2.54 total miles
    12/5 2.79 total miles
    12/6 2.63 miles
  • VeggieGirlforLife
    VeggieGirlforLife Posts: 777 Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Hi Friends! December is a difficult month to set a goal due to the holidays of course! I'm also going to be staying with family for about 7-8 days around Christmas and that's going to kill my mileage. I don't even want to be away that long due to it hindering my exercise, but I plan to do the strength part regardless of whether or not I can get the miles in each day. In fact, in the new year, I plan to bring strength into the focus more than miles anyway, so I guess this will be good practice for changing my routine.

So, with all that, I'm setting a goal of 140 miles this month plus strength 6 days a week.

Dec 1: 5 Fat Burning Miles + 40 min HASfit HIIT w/dumbbells
    Dec 2: 6 Miles ~ 4 Mile Super Challenge + 2 Miles The Big Burn + 15 min TAM precision arms
    Dec 3: 6 Miles ~ 3 Fast Miles + 3 Miles Slim & Sleek + 28 min HASfit full body w/weights
    Dec 4: 5 Advanced Miles + 15 min TAM precision arms + 15 min REFITREV
    Dec 5: 5 Miles ~ 2 Miles The Big Burn + 3 Miles Slim & Sleek + 30 min HASfit full body
    Dec 6: 5 Miles ~ 4 Mile Super Challenge + 1 Mile Walk + Circuits 1 & 2 (upper & lower body) of Tone Every Zone

32 out of 140 miles
  • VeggieGirlforLife
    VeggieGirlforLife Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I'm with you @zichab on making excuses if I don't set a goal. I MUST put something in writing so I have numbers to work with. I am also a bit self competitive, so if I make a goal, I would like to beat it, even if it's only by 1 mile! :laugh:
  • zichab
    Options

-Vivofit tracked 2.1 miles=32.4 Miles total
    12/7-WAH-Walk Slim-4 Fast Miles=36.4 miles total
    I'm with you @zichab on making excuses if I don't set a goal. I MUST put something in writing so I have numbers to work with. I am also a bit self competitive, so if I make a goal, I would like to beat it, even if it's only by 1 mile! :laugh:

I'm with you. My motivation can wane when I am not posting here I have discovered. I need to have something I am working on.

• JoyStoltenburg
    edited December 2019
    Options
    12/1 3.62 total miles
    12/2 1.24 total miles
    12/3 2.94 total miles
    12/4 2.54 total miles
    12/5 2.79 total miles
    12/6 2.72 total miles
    12/7 3.47 miles plus 3 hrs of bagging & boxing all the candy I made getting it ready to ship and deliver.
  • zichab
    Options

-Vivofit tracked 2.1 miles=32.4 Miles total
    12/7-WAH-Walk Slim-4 Fast Miles=36.4 miles total
    -Vivofit tracked 2.3 miles=38.7 miles total