December 13 Sign In

Options
RangerRickL
RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?

Replies

• RangerRickL
    RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
    Options
    i1ulxkrilp7t.jpg

7 Reasons to Switch Up Your Workout
    Break Through a Weight-Loss Plateau. “When you do the same activity all the time, your body gets used it and becomes very efficient,” explains Lee. ...
    Prevent Overuse Injuries. ...
    Build New Muscles. ...
    Beat Workout Boredom. ...
    Help Keep Your Brain Healthy. ...
    Meet New Workout Partners. ...
    Get Excited About Exercise Again.

I like to learn and try new ideas. Books and I are old friends. This year, for the first time in my life, I'm having to adjust my exercises due to lumbar issues. I'm learning new exercises to strengthen my back and move with better posture.

What have you added to your exercise program or would you like to add?
    Rick
  • mrsjar5311
    mrsjar5311 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes. 3 hour walk
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? No. 3rdchristmas party today UK election results meant lots of alcohol was consumed! Last Christmas party tomorrow. Yay!
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes

I've never used resistance bands before. We're going on a road trip for 3 weeks so this is a good time to test out work outs with resistance bands. I have bought 3 and will work out for 21 days with resistance bands and body weight and stay away from gyms. This will be interesting!
  • molly3210
    molly3210 Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    Pass day #4 for Thursday, pass #3 was Wednesday

The trend in my pass days are currently due to going over in calories OR not tracking accurately. I don't like this trend. Moving to a new city definitely takes its toll in little ways as well as the obvious ones. We haven't found a new gym with the boot camp style that we like, and tennis doesn't start until January. This week we did meal prep for lunches but dinners have been on the loose side. (Thank goodness for the dog walking!)

All recipes for loosing muscle and adding weight. Gonna scope out new gym next week... Tempted to wait until January for those new member deals but I'm afraid to put it off anymore.

I know that if I'm diligent with CICO I'll continue to lose, but it's becoming clear that for me exercise and healthy eating goes hand in hand. I like to eat to fuel my workouts and normally very active lifestyle. Kind of a dangerous all or nothing mentality. It's an odd quirk that I have to be mindful of.
  • lotta7e
    lotta7e Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Lost weight, ate much better than I did yesterday, and worked up a good sweat.
  • Hollis100
    Hollis100 Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    i1ulxkrilp7t.jpg

7 Reasons to Switch Up Your Workout
    Break Through a Weight-Loss Plateau. “When you do the same activity all the time, your body gets used it and becomes very efficient,” explains Lee. ...
    Prevent Overuse Injuries. ...
    Build New Muscles. ...
    Beat Workout Boredom. ...
    Help Keep Your Brain Healthy. ...
    Meet New Workout Partners. ...
    Get Excited About Exercise Again.

I like to learn and try new ideas. Books and I are old friends. This year, for the first time in my life, I'm having to adjust my exercises due to lumbar issues. I'm learning new exercises to strengthen my back and move with better posture.

What have you added to your exercise program or would you like to add?
    Rick

Good points. A few months ago, I injured my knee running and finally recovered after limping around for weeks. The doctor gave me an illustrated booklet with exercises to strengthen the muscles around my knee, most of which I'd never tried before.
  • victorious55
    victorious55 Posts: 3,290 Member
    Options
    December 13

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes, 45 minutes strength training
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes

I am trying kettle and medicine balls.
  • stella7x7
    stella7x7 Posts: 2,615 Member
    Options
    12/13
    Exersized-?yes
    Caleries?-yes
    Logged?-yes
  • w8goal4life
    w8goal4life Posts: 1,375 Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    12/13
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes, walk around the perimeter of the mall.
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes

Checking in early tonight. Happy weekend, everyone!
  • Luke_rabbit
    Luke_rabbit Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    Exercise? Yes. 25 minutes yoga/core plus 9k steps.
    Within my calorie goal? Yes.
    Tracked everything? Yes, even the test sip of wassail!

Off to a party! No food for me after 7PM so no worries.
  • Lilutz
    Lilutz Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    yes x 3. exercise was 60 minute HIIT
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,105 Member
    Options
    I frequently switch my exercise routine round as I get bored after a while. And I like learning new dances, or relearning old ones. 😂

Over 20 mins exercise? ✅ 99 minutes (walking + Physio)
    Under Calorie Gaol? ✅
    Tracked? ✅

Remaining Pass Days? 2️⃣ out of 3️⃣
  • tiffany80802017
    tiffany80802017 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    @Lilutz thanks for the encouragement!! Appreciate it!

My trainer just quit so I’m looking for a new workout plan, so maybe I’ll give it a try this month. I’m scared because of my size (BMI is in 40s), and being completely out of sync with the pace and/or individuals in there. I know no one really cares in there what I look like, I would just feel uncomfortable. Idk. Maybe will try though.

Also, 13 years going to group fitness classes is pretty impressive!! Way to go!