December 13 Sign In

Options

Replies

• lalabank
    lalabank Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    3 x’s yes. Really awesome boot camp this morning. Good on calories and logging. I started my new part time job as a clerk at my local library today. Something to keep me busy over the winter and I can continue once gardening season starts. It’s a childhood dream come true to work in a library.
    I switch up my exercise a lot. Recently added in Pilates and Spin class. I only started exercise a little over a year ago so I’m constantly finding new things to try.
  • BonnieHosk85
    BonnieHosk85 Posts: 2,552 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? 20 minutes on the recumbent bike
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes
  • mariatn2003
    mariatn2003 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Walked 2 hours
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes
  • greenolivetree
    greenolivetree Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    All yes - exercise was walking each dog down the street and back, that's 1.6 miles. 13,500 steps though from lots of cleaning/organizing and shopping/returning.
  • snowshoe072
    snowshoe072 Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    I am reading and seriously going to try the plant based eating program I have picked up a nice magazine forks over knives with insight and good sounding recipes with food usually in the house.
    I did log stayed under and exercised
  • nodm
    nodm Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Hello all,
    I caved in to my sweet tooth today but I kept it under control.
    Yes, another x3 day
    I was under my daily calories and I earned 500 calories of steady cardio with 20 minutes of HIIT at the end.
    Passes left: 2
    Have a successful day tomorrow all!
  • jem302
    jem302 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Pass day 2/3
  • Hollis100
    Hollis100 Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes, a 30 minute dog walk and later an hour walk for myself
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? yes, barely
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? yes

Pass days used 2/3
  • Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    Options
    I forgot to comment about changing up exercise. When I'm in routine with Jiu Jitsu, there really is no need. It is such a dynamic sport and even if I roll with the same person twice in a row, we will do different things and it will be a totally different experience. And our club is big enough that I can roll with different people so much. Our coach is always growing his game and introducing us to new concepts we can try and even if we are going through moves I know there are always little aspects I become aware of to improve them.

And I also want to encourage people to try group classes. That's how I originally got into fitness. Any good instructor will welcome you and show you the basics and encourage you at your stage whole still giving experienced people in the class something that pushes them. I remember when I started I watched a couple of others in the class and thought how far ahead of me they were. A few months later I was so happy to realise I was able to keep up with them in some of the sets.
  • loopydo2017
    loopydo2017 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    Yes, yes, yes. Shoveling and upper body strength. Stomach feeling a bit off today, definitely affected my appetite.
  • Impala007
    Impala007 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Exercise:Y 27K steps
    Calories:Y 1594/1800 +1327 exercise calories
    Tracked:Y

13.2 miles of walking may be the most I have done in a day.
  • corriepelc
    corriepelc Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Slept in a bit this morning as I was out late last night (date night with the hubby), so I got in enough walking to merit exercise and about 11K steps for the day.

Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes and under

Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yep!

I was actually just saying to my husband I feel like I've hit a lull in my health and wellness journey, and I need something to help me get my mojo back. I'm very excited to start the Barre Blend workout program on Beachbody on Demand starting in January -- I think that will help me!
  • craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    Options
    Chinkiri wrote: »
    Got really annoyed with partner (Alzheimer's) who was stroppy with me and wingeing about his problems, after I'd just come in after a four-day exhausting bout of examining, one more day to go today. Strikes and sick colleagues don't help. Took your guys' advice and went for a walk. Not quite the same in a dark, cold, windy city, but I did feel better. Still a Pass Day, as I have not logged calories, maybe under ...

How long for, how often, @craigo3154 do you tell yourself "it's not them, it's not their fault, it's the illness ...

@Chinkiri. You tell yourself this every day, as often as required.
    You also work on not making the complainers problem not YOUR problem (this is WAY easier said than done).

The following is how I would go about working on myself from what I know of your situation. Take it or leave it as you see fit.

This is using techniques from CBT (cognitive based therapy):
    1. Feelings are generated by thoughts
    2. Feelings are not facts
    3. Only if you "believe" what people say can it make you "feel" bad

'Feelings are generated by thoughts' - To feel something, first you must process your thoughts about the environment (attribute meanings to what people do and say). If you attribute correct meanings, your feelings will be correct. If you attribute distorted meaning from distorted thinking, the feelings will be incorrect.

If someone whines that they feel bad, then THEY think (rightly or wrongly) THEY feel bad. Do not take personal responsibility for THEIR feelings. Unless you have done something intentionally to make them think they feel bad, ITS NOT YOUR RESPONSIBILITY. A persons happiness and outlook on a situation is entirely THEIR responsibility.

'Feelings are not facts' - If YOU feel bad, does not follow that YOU are bad or have done a BAD act. It's YOUR interpretation of the current situation that creates the feeling. If this interpretation is distorted (all-or-nothing thinking, taking responsibility for what you cannot be responsible for, mind-reading, negative prediction, etc...) then the feeling is also distorted.

'Only if you "believe" what people say can it make you "feel" bad' - If you walked into a psych ward and a mentally disturbed patient said: 'You are wearing a red shirt, red is the sign of the devil, therefore you are evil and I hate you', would this upset you. Likely not, as you do not believe it. It's only when you believe what the person is saying can this upset you. With someone, even some you love, has Alzheimer's, they are not always thinking straight. Their complaints are real to their thoughts, but not your responsibility to solve (or alter their thinking). This is the hardest part about caring for those with mental issue.

One of the best ways to deal with whinging is to agree with the complainer (shows you listen and care). Second is to NOT try solve the problem (or make a suggestion - as this is seen as fault finding). Third is to try find a related topic compliment, or a distracting compliment (to try derail the whingers negative train of thought).

Lastly, always try take some time for you.

• fatbambi2017
    fatbambi2017 Posts: 1,295 Member
    Options
    I have teamed up with Leslie Sansone again, felt I needed some oomph!
    Exercise yes 10 min quigong, 120 min cleaning, 50 min walk
    Tracking yes Calories yes
  • lrsirius
    lrsirius Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Pass day 3/3.
    I’ve recently added daily(ish) stretching to my routine and the None to Run program. I do like challenging myself so I try new sports/recreational and exercise options often.
  • fitqueenbess
    fitqueenbess Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Yes x 3 - even with going out for hubby's birthday dinner and having a glass of wine.

The only constant I focus on is doing something every day. The exercise options vary widely with the seasons, the day of the week, my own injury limitations, etc. I continue trying to lock in a more formalized strength program, and there's a new line dancing class after work to investigate.
  • ConfidentRaven
    ConfidentRaven Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    Exercise: Yes

Calories: Yes

Tracked: Yes
  • fitlulu4150
    fitlulu4150 Posts: 1,371 Member
    Options
    Last night was our first Christmas party of the season and I did great. Lasagna and a glass of wine but no appetizers and no dessert so I was able to stay easily within my budget. It helped that I put in a long workout at the gym yesterday. Today I'm taking my first pass day I think. Another party and a potluck so it's just too difficult to log it I think. We'll see though, I'm still going to try.

Exercise: Yes, 100 minutes at the gym
    Calories: Yes, left another 300 on the table
    Tracked: Yes, even the glass of wine I had

Hope you're all having a great weekend!
  • fitlulu4150
    fitlulu4150 Posts: 1,371 Member
    Options
    @RangerRickL, I'm always switching up my workouts. Right now, since I'm having hip and knee issues, I'm doing a 3 day split of mostly upper body but add in a few leg exercises that I can still do during each gym session. Also, since I'm going to PT for my hip I've added quite a few new things in to strengthen that hip (hopefully). Unfortunately, I'm not walking as much as I normally do but I am doing between 25 and 50 minutes of hip therapy at home everyday.

I guess I'm somewhat injury prone so to be honest, I've always had to switch things up to compensate.