What's on your mind today?

RangerRickL
RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
This is where you can share what's on your mind. Recipes, ideas, workouts, anything that you think might be helpful to others.

Maybe, you've tried something that has worked for you in the past and would like to share it with the group. Maybe, you have a NSV (Non Scale Victory) that you would like to share with the group. Anything that you feel comfortable sharing or anything that you feel comfortable asking the group with help....this is the place to come.

The GOOD!! What NSV did you have this week!!
The BAD!! So what....you ate the whole thing!!
The UGLY!! That darn scale went through the window this week....it deserved it too!!

So, what's on your mind today??

Replies

• Rozbee1
    Rozbee1 Posts: 335 Member
    This is a new month and great challenge to do.
    Welcome to all the newbies... its a great 'family' here to help. Thankyou to Rick again for hosting this months challenge.
  • cjane917
    cjane917 Posts: 688 Member
    Hi everyone,
    I've been in the UAC for five months and am loving it! Yesterday I got my first Fitbit, an Inspiron HR. I welcome any tips about using Fitbit, especially when it comes to syncing and integrating with MFP. Thanks!
    -Cat
  • cjane917
    cjane917 Posts: 688 Member
    oops change that to Inspire :)
  • deekris
    deekris Posts: 26 Member
    Hi all! I just need continued motivation. I’m bad About creating a habit. Funny I can make sure the kids do what they need but I’m bad about doing what I need 😕
  • Luke_rabbit
    Luke_rabbit Posts: 1,031 Member
    As a first time member, I was wondering.

Of the 76 people who joined this challenge for December, about 35 check in regularly. Is this a common percentage, or is it especially low due to the season?
  • Impala007
    Impala007 Posts: 293 Member
    I was new last month and it was averaging around 40 of just over 100 members by the end of the month. It was interesting to see the number of members posting drop off rather quickly.
  • tiffany80802017
    tiffany80802017 Posts: 92 Member
    edited December 2019
    @bold_rabbit
    Here’s a screenshot of last month toward the end. Was about the same mid-month too. So I’d say it’s pretty normal, but this is only my second month :)
    4vjd2kjx2zcv.jpeg
  • Hollis100
    Hollis100 Posts: 1,408 Member
    As a first time member, I was wondering.

Of the 76 people who joined this challenge for December, about 35 check in regularly. Is this a common percentage, or is it especially low due to the season?

I believe our moderator said the participation falls off during the holidays and picks up again in January. I see that at my local gym, too, when a flurry of people join in January and then fall off after a few weeks/months. No matter, the UAC is helping me, so I will continue to show up.
  • am_change
    am_change Posts: 1,010 Member
    Yes, more people always join than participate. And also of those who participate there are far fewer in the last week that the first (I'm often guilty of that! :#)

Personally, I prefer it quieter like this as you can actually read and respond to posts more quickly and easily. I find months like January especially a challenge with pages and pages of posts each day. But I will resolve to check in. However I know the challenge needs new members each month to keep it going as I for one am guilty of dipping in and out. Our hero, Rick, is here every month consistently.
  • lalabank
    lalabank Posts: 1,009 Member
    @KCJen congratulations!
  • KCJen
    KCJen Posts: 1,089 Member
    @lalabank Thank you!
  • BonnieHosk85
    BonnieHosk85 Posts: 2,552 Member
    @KCJen, congrats!!
    vl4rtqo9duuc.jpg
  • am_change
    am_change Posts: 1,010 Member
    @KCJen fantastic! Hope you feel very proud.
  • Hollis100
    Hollis100 Posts: 1,408 Member

@KCJen, congratulations and a high-five for all your hard work!
  • KCJen
    KCJen Posts: 1,089 Member
    @BonnieHosk85 Thank you!
    @am_change Thank you!
    @Hollis100 Thank you!