Losing While Breastfeeding

Options
squishy1224
squishy1224 Posts: 47 Member
Anyone else in this boat? I’m doing it but it seems to be a very tricky balance between cutting back some, but not overdoing it so far. Looking for friends to follow who are truly active on here too so feel free to add me! Down 11 still have about 40 to go

Replies

• birdfish00
    birdfish00 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am! down 20 pounds from before I was pregnant but have stalled...It almost feels like breastfeeding calorie loss is non existant right now!
  • decendre
    decendre Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm new to the group but I'm right with you! I need to lose 40 pounds and I'm breastfeeding. Seems like I cant lose anything! Trying to be more accountable and limit my sugar intake
  • VictoriousMood
    VictoriousMood Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Ditto to you ladies. I have about 40-50lbs I’d like to loose, however I’m breastfeeding my 2 month old. I find when I work out my milk supply drops, same with cutting calories. How can I loose the weight if everything I do to loose weight reduces my milk supply?
  • shanteel612
    shanteel612 Posts: 434 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Hi,

I waited until my baby was 5 months. I have lost 15 lbs since end of December by calorie counting. Before I started I looked at lots of calculators and the consensus was 1500 to 1800 but really 1800 is better. I decided to set mines at 2100 to give a buffer since I'm not eating any exercise cals back and don't wanna affect my supply,plus I want it to be sustainable since I have a long way to go (2 babies in 3 years so its compounded).

My milk supply is still pretty good. I usually pump 15oz every day at work. I do go to the gym 3 mornings a week before I go to work. By the way I have 3 kids two little ones and a middle schooler and I work full time so I know in is not easy but we moms gotta make time to care for ourselves.

HTH
  • ElizabethGulirano
    ElizabethGulirano Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies!

I had two babies in 3 years and currently breastfeeding a 5-month old. I am 5’8 and pre-pregnancy weight was 170 lbs. I gained 65 lbs with the first pregnancy and lost 45 lbs. Gained 45 lbs with the second pregnancy. Long story short, lost 40 lbs so far and I am currently at 175 lbs. I believe I lost my weight mainly due to breastfeeding.

Honestly I don’t care about the number on the scale as long as I look good in bikini.

I am having a hard time to sticking to a diet and exercising regularly.

Never joined a group before. Need motivational and accountability.
  • LaurenConCarne
    LaurenConCarne Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi!! I just had my second baby recently. I'm going to start cutting calories slowly so that it doesn't hurt my supply. With my first child I ended up being lighter than my pre-pregnancy weight just from breastfeeding alone but it took about a year, and I'm hoping to lose it a little more quickly this time. :) here's hoping we can enjoy this summer in our old swim suits haha
  • VictoriaEllis1984
    VictoriaEllis1984 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone, I'm Victoria and I'm currently breastfeeding my 3 month old little boy. Ive found myself in a motivation hole and find it hard to sustain eating well. What do you do to motivate yourself to eay well when you're exhausted and welded to the sofa?
  • drcharmi19
    drcharmi19 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I’m breastfeeding a 6 month old and I’m looking to eat healthy, low fat receipts. Now
    that my in-laws and parents have gone back, I’m all on my own, trying to look after baby and get my weight on track. Yeah, you can guess how that’s going 😂😂
    I’m just looking for anyone who wants to share their weight loss journey or frustrations.. Message or comment me anytime <3
    Pic of my naughty baby..

jsnhotpl0d1e.jpeg
  • daniellefarr
    daniellefarr Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I’m in the same boat— 3 and a half months post partum after 3rd csection. Breastfeeding and trying to lose the pooch.... but it’s not going anywhere this time. I have about 10 lbs to pre pregnancy weight and 25 to goal weight.
  • meganpettigrew86
    meganpettigrew86 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I can go from an oversupply to under supply within a week if I try to big of a deficit. I'm working on finding the right number. For first 8 weeks I was pumping an extra litre on top of what my girl drunk. Now it's around 300ml extra as pumping that much was annoying. The plan is to have enough frozen so I can wean around 6 months and not to have to buy formula.
  • LaurenConCarne
    LaurenConCarne Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I posted here in April, have lost 20 pounds now , 30ish to go for my goal. My advice is to select a small deficit so it's sustainable and you aren't starving. Breastfeeding makes me soo hungry.
  • amandalbliss
    amandalbliss Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi moms. I just joined. I have a 2 year old and a 7 month old. I breastfeed and try to pump but i havent really had much time with a busy schedule chasing a toddler around. I could use all the advice and friendship on this weight loss mission as possible. I'm wanting to lose about 60lbs and I got no clue what to do especially because I want to breastfeed as long as she wants the milk and breastfeeding makes me very hungry
  • squishy1224
    Options
    Back at it after baby! Feel free to add me as a friend
  • squishy1224
    Options
    So hope this helps! I set my goals as lose 1 pound a week and I add 500 calories for breastfeeding for an hour as a “cardio workout” I’ve found I can even eat a little over that total so like 2000-2200 calorie range and still lose so far. I’m trying to make healthier food choices in general too. Hopefully this will be really good for me and baby just have to stick with it!