My Cysters!

Options
alinaire
alinaire Posts: 3 Member
Hi all! New to the groups (didn’t know they had them 😱) and finally getting serious about my PCOS and how it’s impacting my weight gain. Trying intermittent fasting and slowly working my way into the gym again. We all know no matter how we watch what we eat, the weight just stays on with insulin resistance. -_- Added in Myo-Chiro inositol supplements. So glad they finally have the 1:40 in pill form! Feel free to add me.

Replies

• alinaire
    alinaire Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Fasting has been going well. I have managed to stay within my window (11a-7p) and not eat outside that time frame. Mornings are by far the hardest. First day getting up at 3:30am to hit the gym before my 6am work day starts. Really hoping to get a handle on my PCOS this year. Anyone else finding success taking the Myo-Chiro Inositol?
  • Alliwan
    Alliwan Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    There are many here that know much more than I do about PCOS and hormones. But many have found success in cutting out carbs, going LCHF or Keto. Insulin is a hormone, and if you get your insulin under control with diet, then the other hormones have an easier time following suit. Metformin can help, but not nearly as much as diet. Many of us are part of another forum the Low Carber Daily Forum, where we've found success and support for a lower carb way of life.

I do IF and Keto. I eat between 10am and 7pm, but I am still breastfeeding my youngest a few times a day. Inositol has been a life saver for quite a few of us with PCOS. Some have gotten more regular periods, lighter arm pits, less facial hair, less cortisol, etc.

Glad to meet you, even if it is on a PCOS site, as none of us want this.