If I had a nickel for every time my fitness pal stops syncing..I'd be rich!

I know it's a free app, so I shouldn't be complaining (yes, but you are complaining)! I have been here 4 years or so and it seems almost every single day that myfitness pal locks up at a certain part of the day leaving me with 7K steps instead of 16K or more if I moved butt this day! I wonder if I paid if it would not do this? If it did I would mad I paid! It eventually syncs up and I shouldn't complain but it's been more than annoying lately. Sorry to be a drag! Thanks myfitness pal for being a free app that works a couple of times a day.

Replies

• sazbo2014
    sazbo2014 Posts: 4 Member
    I'm having the same issue, it isn't tracking my steps at all and I've tried everything that myfitnesspal and Fitbit have suggested and it just doesn't work! It hasnt worked properly for nearly a week
  • Belovedfighter5
    Belovedfighter5 Posts: 1 Member
    Same issue here as well... I'm glad I'm not the only one.
  • LouRozz
    LouRozz Posts: 2 Member
    Same issue here. I have to manually disconnect Fitbit tracker from mfp app and unlink the Fitbit. Then connect Fitbit tracker for it to add steps across. It's only a quick fix and doesn't sync steps after this which is very frustrating !
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    It happens from time to time
  • sazbo2014
    sazbo2014 Posts: 4 Member
    Same. I have to unlock both apps and link them again every day to get my steps and calorie burn
  • 1MinuteWithTina
    1MinuteWithTina Posts: 65 Member
    Mine stopped this morning. Came here to check it's not something I've done. The funny thing is today is supposed to be my rest day from Exercise but I decided to do a quick 15 minutes hiit this morning so I can eat later and nothing. Maybe it's my body telling me, 'hey!'
  • KonaKat
    KonaKat Posts: 3,411 Member
    I quit bothering linking FitBit and MFP. I just log food on MFP and that is so routine I almost don't have to bother logging it. I would do it on FitBit but I have developed a great list of foods here.
  • Jules9697
    Jules9697 Posts: 1 Member
    So which is the best route....logging food in Fitbit or MFP? Does either one sync to the other? I feel like I've been going around and around on this for weeks now, and I can't figure out how to get it work. I also use Samsung Health, so there's that, too. Any help?
  • josh250to180
    josh250to180 Posts: 32 Member
    FWIW... when I linked my Fitbit to mfp, it explicitly told me to log food on the app.

My interpretation: It has something to do with the link between the databases, kind of like the Fitbit speaks Spanish and MFP isn’t coded to translate that to Greek.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    FWIW... when I linked my Fitbit to mfp, it explicitly told me to log food on the app.

My interpretation: It has something to do with the link between the databases, kind of like the Fitbit speaks Spanish and MFP isn’t coded to translate that to Greek.

Well - it also says to log exercise on MFP but that's a bad idea actually - increases the number of syncs that must occur.
    Plus you could log worse calorie burn info on MFP and that would wipe out the info on Fitbit.

That recommendation is purely for the purpose of keeping your eyes on MFP to see ads more often.

MFP sends meal calorie info to Fitbit. Unless Fitbit added it recently, Fitbit doesn't send any meal info to MFP (which wouldn't make sense).
    Because it really doesn't require more than that to get the figures to know how much to eat.

Total burned minus deficit is eating goal.
    Goal minus already eaten is amount left (or over).

Just don't need item details in that math.