Fitbit Versa 2, calories burned/exercise

ashlanicolemfp
ashlanicolemfp Posts: 4 Member
edited February 2020 in Social Groups
I just recently bought my Fitbit and started working out. I know you can log calories burned onto my fitness pal directly but I’m worried if I do that I’ll be over adding because of the calories counted on the Fitbit. Does anyone know how that works? Should I still log extra excersize outside of the steps? Help! Sorry, I’m still trying to get the hang of all this.

Replies

• squirley13
    squirley13 Posts: 112 Member
    I just recently bought my Fitbit and started working out. I know you can log calories burned onto my fitness pal directly but I’m worried if I do that I’ll be over adding because of the calories counted on the Fitbit. Does anyone know how that works? Should I still log extra excersize outside of the steps? Help! Sorry, I’m still trying to get the hang of all this.

I came on here with the exact same question! So confused also 🤔
  • ashlanicolemfp
    ashlanicolemfp Posts: 4 Member
    edited February 2020
    I hope someone has an answer for us!
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    What activities are you worried aren't being captured? Syncing my Charge 2 with MFP works for me. I personally wouldn't use two different ways to track my exercise.
  • Tracie_Lord
    Tracie_Lord Posts: 1,761 Member

Sync you fit bit with my fitness pal and when doing a workout, drop your fit bit into workout mode
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    edited February 2020
    Read the FAQ at top of this group - 1st section couple times.
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10098937/faq-syncing-logging-food-exercise-calorie-adjustments-activity-levels-accuracy/p1

Short version, Fitbit is a replace only system.
    But still no need to log workouts on MFP.
    If you want friends to see your workout - just post about it to your wall with more inspiring details than aerobics class 45 min 230 cal.