Ordered the IE book

Options
turtle759
turtle759 Posts: 4 Member
edited January 2019 in Social Groups
Happy to have found this group. A long time ago tracking calories worked for me for a pretty long time. Then I needed a break, would gain a few back, return to calorie counting, decide a few days in that I’m going crazy and need to eat “normal” as I was missing out on certain meals with family because I didn’t have enough calories left or were unsure of the calories in the food so I’d count myself out and then cave and eat the leftovers later shamefully as I had deprived myself which is not the way to go. I could have and should have simply eaten the meal until I was comfortably full. It was turning into a cycle of logging and falling off the wagon. From what I’ve read online about the book, the 10 principles and within this group I feel confident that this is the lifestyle adjustment I need. Much of what I’ve read thus far here and in online research is so relatable. Exercise should be fun without the mindset of simply burning calories. There should be joy in going for a hike and feeling good physically afterward and appreciating being out in nature vs peddling on a stationary bike, bored and not liking it lol.

Replies

• mgeeq
    mgeeq Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    How's it going for you? I just recently came to the conclusion on my own about intuitive eating then by pure luck happened across the "Intuitive Eating" book, et al. Curious if IE has helped your relationship with food.