Anyone else losing weight for fertility reasons?

123Allyxox
123Allyxox Posts: 112 Member
Hi all, I have been an on and off MFP user for many years now. It has helped me lose weight in the past, and LOVE the community aspect.

I am 27, and have been trying to conceive for over 4 years. Coming off of a failed IVF cycle I am trying my best to lose the weight from all the stress eating, and get as healthy as possible before we start again!

Anyone in a similar boat? Let’s be friends!!

Replies

• Alliwan
    Alliwan Posts: 1,245 Member
    I have shared my experience on here before, but the tl:dr is we were told we'd never have kids naturally. We went keto/LCHF in March of 2014 and have been pregnant with out any help at all 4 times now.

TTC is such an emotionally rough time and stress eating is so easy to do. It is so nice to have places like this to get support to lose some weight before you get pregnant.
  • Sara_Olson_421
    Sara_Olson_421 Posts: 11 Member
    I have PCOS & am obese. We started ttc about 3 months ago but I didn’t change my lifestyle at all. Have been using opks only- just now getting the hang of them and my cycles. Now I would like to get my hormones and weight under control because I know it affects my cycles and I would love to be as comfortable as possible once pregnant (ie; not 288 pounds and in pain).

I am absolutely looking for support from those who are also TTC and losing weight! Please feel free to add me!
  • sarahp86
    sarahp86 Posts: 692 Member
    I am about 280 and ttc the last three months too. I'm on metformin but really want to lose weight because if by a miracle I do get pregnant I don't want to be this weight because its not healthy for me or a baby
  • tiffnkailey
    tiffnkailey Posts: 150 Member
    I'm 353 lbs, and would love to have a period naturally. I'm on the fence about wanting another child. I have a 16 year old.
  • KrystalPlmr
    KrystalPlmr Posts: 11 Member
    I am totally feeling the biological clock ticking and with PCOS it is ticking mightly loud. So this is the year I actually try to do something about it.
  • knp519
    knp519 Posts: 62 Member
    I am totally feeling the biological clock ticking and with PCOS it is ticking mightly loud. So this is the year I actually try to do something about it.

Same.

• spunkypenguin
    spunkypenguin Posts: 3 Member
    Me! I was 240 when I got pregnant with my first (who just turned 2). I was over 300 when I delivered and had Pre-eclampsia. I'll be 35 this year and we really want another one, but I'm still near 300lbs and know that I can't have a healthy pregnancy at this weight.
  • telekendall
    telekendall Posts: 12 Member
    Not necessarily trying to conceive immediately, but I finish my doctoral degree in December, and want to in the next year or so after that. So I’m trying to lose weight now so my period bc regular again and it becomes more of an option! I’m 271 now and would love to be 250 by June. Trying to go slow and steady so it stays off. Feel free to add me!
  • NNAhuja
    NNAhuja Posts: 669 Member
    I am. Had a failed IVF last year at 240ish. Now I'm down about 20 lbs an hoping to lose a bit more before a few IUIs in early next year. Tracking BBT and OPKs and a fair regular cycle. I wouldn't say I'm cured since I pop like 20 supplements a day to get me to "normal".

As far as my plan, I've been trying to increase protein and keep carbs below 100g a day and stay gluten and dairy free. Not quite Atkins but works for me and my lifestyle long term. More weight training 3x a week, yoga 3x a week and high intensity cardio 1-2x week.