Options
New to the group. So glad there are others like me. I have fibromyalgia among others. And I was wondering how I was going to continue losing my weight. Especially when I hurt so bad most of the time. And even worse now with it being cold and with all this rain we have been getting down here in Georgia.
Thank you for being here.

Replies

• MrsSloffee
    MrsSloffee Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I too have Fibromyalgia. I hate to say the doctors are right, but moving more does help. I know when I am stressed I feel it more. I'm in Michigan, and thankfully our winter hasn't been super snowy. I started having my first signs of Fibro, between 5-10 years ago. I was working as a manager in a fast food restaurant, and I was super mad because I had to work over an hour over because the manager scheduled for midnights was super late. Then I had to drive home in a snow storm. I could feel tension in my shoulders and it hurt so bad to try and look over my shoulder to change lanes. I got home around 1am. I went down to throw my work clothes in the dryer after having dinner (and washing them) and went to bed. Around 5am I wake up in so much pain. It felt as if I was hit by a mack truck. Just moving my arm slightly was agonizing. I was so scared and didn't even know anything about fibromyalgia at the time. I had to call my mom, who was only across the hallway to come to me. We called an on call nurse through my insurance. We figured it wasn't life threatening so when urgent care opened at 8am we went there.
    long story short, took multiple PCP visits and two weeks off of work to get through my first flair up. I even ended up changing PCPs in my clinic because the one I was seeing didn't believe in fibromyalgia. I'm so thankful that now more doctors believe in the diagnosis and my current pcp does.
    Thought I would tell you a little bit of my story. I'm here if you need me. :)
    Jen
  • cjmray
    cjmray Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi @Lovemyself175 and @MrsSloffee ! I do not have fibromyalgia, but I do have chronic pain in my neck, shoulders & upper back. After x-rays, MRIs that found nothing obvious and $1K worth of PT & Chiropractic adjustments that did nothing, I am at my wits' end. I'm trying to figure out what I can do for myself. I have a standing desk, take lots of breaks at work, do yoga & meditate a little. The only other things I can do are more active exercise & lose my belly fat. So I'm going to try it. I'm only 50 & I have a lot more living to do!
  • kjaylah
    kjaylah Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I have ME & Fibro. In the UK & looking for support for weight loss as I’m at my highest ever weight and have binge eating disorder :(
    Send help!
  • anawake13
    anawake13 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Know your struggle with fibro. I was told to see a psychiatrist because it was all in my head. Fortunately, my new pc was sympathetic. He did out me on a low dose of gabapentin which has helped some along with yoga but still have times I can't get out of bed. Perhaps, when I shed this extra 40 pounds I will see more improvement. :smiley:
  • ChristoleJay
    ChristoleJay Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    HI, I have Fibro, and I am new to all of this. I want to lose weight and get healthy, but a lot of the time, the pain is what keeps me from moving more. I have yet to find something that would ease the pain enough to get the motivation to keep moving.