Hello new to Alabama Motivators

Options
mjackson59
mjackson59 Posts: 14 Member
I'm a 54 year old woman who has gained 30 pounds even after having gastric bypass which almost cost me my life. I am happily married, am a chef who's currently out of work and taking care of my husband, so I guess I'm a housewife.
I was born in Sicily and came to America at the age of 6 so all my dishes are pretty much Mediterranean. I have two Shih Tzu's who are my babies.
When I had my gastric bypass I went from 250 pounds to 115 in just six months, however, although still having problems with food getting stuck in my throat, I'm no longer as active as I was. I'm sedentary due to unemployment, and the only time I get any exercise is when I am in the kitchen cooking and using my culinary skills to make my husband extraordinary meals.
Currently I am in the process of moving from Memphis TN to Madison, AL and hoping to connect with people who are also looking for like minded people who need motivation and maybe even meet and take walks.

Replies

• QueenMama420
    QueenMama420 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm not sure where Madison is. I live in Daleville. I moved from Massachusetts 2 years ago. My mother is sicilian too.