March 6 Sign In

Options

Replies

• Chinkiri
    Chinkiri Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    Good for you, @epangili. Who are the 'downtown party people'? Kids on the razz?
  • epangili
    epangili Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Chinkiri wrote: »
    Good for you, @epangili. Who are the 'downtown party people'? Kids on the razz?

No clue, I have never been. I hear its those that go to clubs and drinking starting at 11pm to 2pm. I tried once hanging out with my college friends decades ago but never got into it so totally new to the scene.
  • dlkg12764
    dlkg12764 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Exercise - yes
    Calories - yes
    Tracked - yes
  • Noukers
    Noukers Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
    No. Couldn't get any exercise in today. I woke up at 5:30 to quickly walk the dog and go to work, work untill 4 o 'clock and then had to travel an hour to go to the theatre with friends. Got back home at midnight...
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
    Yes.
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?
    Yes.
  • epangili
    epangili Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    epangili wrote: »
    Exercise? YES

Calorie budget? YES. I budgeted for movie theater popcorn to see the newest rendition of Jane Austen's Emma but shared it with my friends for a 3 way split so now way under. But night is still young with 500 calories to spare so probably eat something within that since I'm heading out to do midnight outreach to the downtown party people by giving them pizza, water, prayer, and a safe ride home. I've never done it before but always wanted to give it a go. I will check in tomorrow morning.

Track? YES.

Ok I'm home at 2 am. I ate a medium slice of Hawaiian pizza and one brownie bite but still under my calories budget. Unhealthy choices today but within budget.
    3x!!! Yes!!!

• Hollis100
    Hollis100 Posts: 1,408 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Thanks, @am_change for the support and the story about your situation ... yes, the firm no is the hardest.

I don't have any problem saying no to the food pushers at work, even if it offends them, so the ability to say no is in me somewhere. This friend is harder. I think the next time it happens, I'll try to heavily compliment her thoughtfulness, say a firm no, and offer her alternatives (like to go for a walk). If she doesn't take the alternatives, that'll be on her, not me. Will give it a try.

• BonnieHosk85
    BonnieHosk85 Posts: 2,552 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    @RangerRickL, thank you so much for requesting a link to donate. This organization is the main relief fund.
    https://www.cfmt.org/story/middle-tennessee-emergency-response-fund/

My husband and I will be handing out Walmart and grocery gift cards when we go out to help clear brush. Gift cards and monetary donations helped us the most when we went through the flood in 2010. We never received any help from any of the community organizations for some reason. If you'd rather donate gift cards to be handed to individuals you can contact me privately for my address. Thanks for your sensitive, generous heart! :heart:

Blessings,
    Bonnie
  • clemsonhrd
    clemsonhrd Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Yes to all 3 ...
  • LoriAnna62
    LoriAnna62 Posts: 85 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Hollis100 wrote: »
    I think the next time it happens, I'll try to heavily compliment her thoughtfulness, say a firm no, and offer her alternatives (like to go for a walk). If she doesn't take the alternatives, that'll be on her, not me. Will give it a try.

What an excellent plan! Maybe you can influence her toward a healthy lifestyle.
  • LoriAnna62
    Options
    am_change wrote: »
    @Hollis100 I can completely relate. I've found that the first firm "No" that I stuck to was the hardest. My mother in law, who ironically watches her own weight closely is the one I have this hardest with. But having been firm with her in the past now, her annoying comments now wash over me more, as like you I always felt far worse when I ate what I was pressured to than when I said no. (But I want to take you out / won't a meal out be special /oh don't pick that, that won't fill you up /ooh don't pick that I'm treating you and it's not special enough/but we have to order sides/starters /alcohol to make it special /oh it will be so sad if no one has a dessert even though there's no way I am/oh but I bought these in especially for you) aaaaaaaagh! Just no no no no no! Sorry for the vent - I'm seeing her later and think I'm mentally preparing myself for hundred x no's already! 🤣 🤣 🤣

So sorry you have to put up with this BAD BEHAVIOR!! Hope it goes/went well for you and you stick/stuck to your guns!! You are awesome to stick to healthy!!!!

• LoriAnna62
    edited March 2020
    Options
    March 6
    Exercised?
    Yes: 10 Min. Elliptical, 30 Min. Stationary Bike, 5 Min. Stretching
    Stayed within calorie budget?
    Yes: Not hungry for supper, so only 750
    Tracked everything?
    Yes
    1 Pass Left