Food Ideas?

Options
SaritaJack
SaritaJack Posts: 48 Member
We’ve already eaten out twice this week, and I’m only 6 weeks along. 😣 When I start feeling this deep tiredness of pregnancy I never want to cook, but if I feel well I want to eat good food. 😆

Any ideas for EASY and yet healthy (minimally processed, lots of veggies) meals I can have in my arsenal?
I’m thinking maybe crockpot, since at this point I feel good in the morning, but am really worn out by the afternoon.

Anyway, please give me any ideas you have!

Replies

• VoicedJoy22
    VoicedJoy22 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    You might want to invest in an instant pot. It is so easy to make meals and there are so many recipes. Plus if you forget to plan, it easy to take some stuff out of the freezer and just toss it in. You can even freeze whole meals ahead of time to stick in. Here's a good place to start.

https://onceamonthmeals.com/blog/series/instant-pot/50-instant-pot-freezer-meals/
  • SaritaJack
    SaritaJack Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    @VoicedJoy22 - Thank you! I am definitely going to check out the link! A little while ago I looked into them, but at that time decided that I wouldn’t use it enough. But the other day some friends were talking about theirs, and now with your suggestion I think I need to revisit that idea, haha.

• SuzFit212
    SuzFit212 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Boiled eggs are great easy protein options.

A big pot of soup can be frozen in individual portions for "those days" and depending on the recipe they can be LOADED with veggies.

We survived the first trimester with a lot of toast and carrot/cucumber sticks. Finally hit the 2nd trimester and sooooo happy to be able to stomach a salad again.

Crock pot meals are great. Toss an onion and some carrots in with a roast... Yummy!

• TANNE21
    TANNE21 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I agree that soup is a good one! Prepare on Sunday and eat off all week if it lasts that long. I do a lot of food prep on Sundays if I can. Taco meat, spaghetti sauce, etc. Then it's easy during the week to finish.