This March I Will....

Options

Replies

• MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,995 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    March 10 & 11 looking good except for sodium on the 11th. Bp has been low-normal & I’m drinking lots of water so should be fine.

iguikys4jg7p.jpeg
  • prgirl39mfp
    prgirl39mfp Posts: 3,154 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the support everyone. This Corona virus thing has hit the Sunshine State. Kids are on Spring Break, theme parks have closed, colleges have moved to online classes, crazy lines at the SuperMarket. I had a bit of a binge last night ( pizza and chip with soda) but I will not be disappointed. A day at a time. I feel ok today. I will journal about it and let these feelings flow!!

Congrats everyone that has reached a goal this week.

Spending has been mostly groceries. I have plans to go out to dinner with neighbors so I will do a fast today and enjoy a nice meal with company, stay home this weekend and hang out with the kiddos.

Congrats @LoriAnna62 on you reaching your goals! @nebslp great idea not to go to that conventions. I wonder if we are getting the real number of cases by the CDC. Congrats @MadisonMolly2017 for having a perfect March 9
  • LoriAnna62
    LoriAnna62 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    March 12th
    Started March 1st:

No Eating After 6:00 pm
    No TV after 6:00
    I Will Do Something Else That's Fun:
    Sing-along w/Praise Music, Read Books
    Exercise at least 20 minutes a day:
    10 Min. Elliptical, 30 Min. Stationary Bike, 5 Min. Stretching

12 Days of Success

Started March 8th:

I'll work methodically down my daily “To Do” list until it's completed.
    I'll only think about one item at a time – the one I'm working on.
    I'll think of my “To Do” list as duties at a workplace, where results are expected.

5 Days of Success
  • LoriAnna62
    Options
    @MadisonMolly2017 It just keeps getting beautifuller and beautifuller!

@prgirl39mfp Good job! Glad you're feeling better today. One day at a time....
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    @prgirl39mfp
    Thank you & great job moving on/journaling!
    ”That’s the ticket!” If we can get right back up on the horse, usually there are no repercussions :)

@LoriAnna62 I love your goal! Isn’t it amazing how much we can get done with focus! I did something similar always back. Prioritized all those stressful desk jobs, and worked 15 mins a day on them. If I got blocked on one, I’d use the balance of the 15 mins on number 2. Got a ton done. I’m inspired by you to maybe do it again sometime this year :)
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    Oh, @LoriAnna62, and thank you re: tracker. That’s the idea! But I’ve run out of space for the doodling LOL (The back has numbers on it that I watch)

I have to pull out another sheet of paper 😂
  • nebslp
    nebslp Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    I feel bad that I've been so absent here but my 8 year old grandson has kept me hopping all week due to no school. My son is home today and will take care of my grandson. His office has shut down and he will be working from home for 2 weeks for sure. There is a real concern there in that family. My son's daughter and wife left on a cruise with his parents-in-law last week Sat. and will be returning this Sunday to Florida, then flying to Nebraska. :o:# So I'm pretty sure they will be quarantined once they return and I don't know when they will all be reunited. This is a horrible crisis and I pray that you and your loved ones all stay healthy and safe. Please accept my apology if this isn't an appropriate topic.

@MadisonMolly2017 I love the tracker! Absolutely beautiful and inspiring:)
    @prgirl39mfp Journaling is such a great way to sort out our feelings. I need to do more of that. I think sometimes I avoid it because it's hard to process some things. I always feel better after I do though. I hope you find it helpful at this time of uncertainty.
    @LoriAnna62 and others who are working hard: Good job on your efforts and keep on keeping on! Let us know how things are going :)
  • LoriAnna62
    Options
    @MadisonMolly2017 Just keep pulling out those sheets!!! And be sure to share them so we can enjoy them too <3:)<3

And yes, I feel SO much better getting things done. Procrastination is a real drag, man.
    roryhmaecsjg.jpg
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    LoriAnna62 wrote: »
    @MadisonMolly2017 Just keep pulling out those sheets!!! And be sure to share them so we can enjoy them too <3:)<3

And yes, I feel SO much better getting things done. Procrastination is a real drag, man.
    roryhmaecsjg.jpg

Haha @LoriAnna62
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    @nebslp
    Thank you for sharing. I will be hoping & praying for the best. 🙏🏻

Hugs,
    Maddie
  • prgirl39mfp
    prgirl39mfp Posts: 3,154 Member
    Options
    @nebslp so sorry for what you are going through. It feels surreal. I live in FL and my husband works at the cruise ship port. The best they can do is quarantine. You need to be safe and the grandson too. Praying this passes without too many casualties.

I agree about the journaling. This week has been tough so I have avoided it therefore eating my feelings. I need to be more strict. Let me know if you do it and how your feeling once you do.
  • nebslp
    Options
    LoriAnna62 wrote: »

roryhmaecsjg.jpg

I totally agree with @LoriAnna62 about all of the above⬆️. I might have known that guy back in the day😂😂😂

@prgirl39mfp It seems a lot of my journaling happens when I'm most upset about something which can be good in some ways. But consistent day after day journaling might help me see the whole picture better. I recently read through some of what I wrote over the past 25 years and I saw the same patterns and only one frustrating issue. I don't know how to tackle it and I'm afraid to try, and am not sure I really care any more and that made me very sad. I'm thinking of seeing a professional to help me sort this out.
  • LoriAnna62
    edited March 2020
    Options
    March 13th

Started March 1st: 13 Days of Success
    Do Something Else That's Fun:

Exercise at least 20 minutes a day:
    10 Min. Elliptical, 30 Min. Stationary Bike, 5 Min. Stretching

Started March 8th: 6 Days of Success
    I'll think of my “To Do” list as duties at a workplace, where results are expected.

• nebslp
    Options
    @LoriAnna62 Awesome progress!!! You are tackling some tough things and are killing it! I like thinking of duties at a workplace. When I do that, I schedule 4-5 hours of work on various projects (11-4 or so) and take breaks every hour or when I move to the next project. It gives me a sense of accomplishment and pride for following through on my plan.

March 14 - I have officially met the 2 week mark of not eating any of the chips in the house (bag 3 is already waiting to tempt me >:) But actually, once I made the decision to not eat them, there hasn't been the intense internal struggle I was expecting.

I have logged food and calorie burn every day since I started on March 3 and and have stayed under with my food calories, sometimes only by a few but sometimes by 400+ which is what I'm striving for. Mostly somewhere in between. It's the habit I'm trying to form, not perfect performance at this point.

I am going to get back into my morning routine again tomorrow and start with Instagram inspirations, then move upstairs to write out my plan for the day, then execute!

Weeks 3-4 I will increase my activity level so I can burn more calories so I can eat more food (LOL)!
  • LoriAnna62
    edited March 2020
    Options
    @nebslp I definitely went to school with him :D You are doing great on your challenges! Way to go! I agree - I do so much better with a disciplined plan. I like your idea of a "work day" of a set number of hours. Please keep us updated on your son's wife & daughter's situation.

We are all doing so well together. I'm really glad to be a part of this group. It helps SO MUCH to have support & accountability.

I'm wondering what happened to our fearless leader? Does anyone know what's up with @themedalist ?

Joining all of you in praying that Covid-19 is over quickly.

March 14th
    Started March 1st:
    14 Days of Success
    Do Something Else That's Fun:

Exercise at least 20 minutes a day 6 days a week:
    40 Min. Stationary Bike, 5 Min. Stretching

Started March 8th: 7 Days of Success
    I'll spend 1-1/2 hours a day on extra chores 6 days a week:
    Grocery Shopping
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,212 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I’ve just been reading your updates and despite everything that’s going on around us, you keep plugging away and making progress. @MadisonMolly2017, your Habit Tracker is gorgeous! And it’s functional!

I’m doing OK...this is our reporting season so it’s pretty crazy until June. And, we’ll likely be switching to flex work in the coming days. I work at home a lot now anyways, but never indefinitely...we are certainly in uncharted territory.

I am doing well with my new habit this month, which is to put my phone away when I start to work at my computer. I love the peace and quiet of no interruptions! I can fully concentrate on what I’m doing. I use these monthly challenges as a way to test drive a change I want to make. Some of them just aren’t a good fit for me and that’s OK. But this one is! This one has got staying power. In fact, it might be my favorite habit so far!
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I’ve just been reading your updates and despite everything that’s going on around us, you keep plugging away and making progress. @MadisonMolly2017, your Habit Tracker is gorgeous! And it’s functional!

I’m doing OK...this is our reporting season so it’s pretty crazy until June. And, we’ll likely be switching to flex work in the coming days. I work at home a lot now anyways, but never indefinitely...we are certainly in uncharted territory.

I am doing well with my new habit this month, which is to put my phone away when I start to work at my computer. I love the peace and quiet of no interruptions! I can fully concentrate on what I’m doing. I use these monthly challenges as a way to test drive a change I want to make. Some of them just aren’t a good fit for me and that’s OK. But this one is! This one has got staying power. In fact, it might be my favorite habit so far!

@themedalist
    Great to hear from you! I know it’s uncertain times, but I also know how wise & strong you are!
    I began leaving my phone behind when I go into my art studio (yes I can even call it that now 😁) my phone usage was down 21% in the past week due to that & my tracker which saves me a lot of time in here posting stats :)

I’m glad to hear it’s your favorite habit! Shows how much we love being able to focus!

Stay safe, my friend!
    ❣️
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    March 15
    All good.

1i5ns7paxa4s.jpeg
  • LoriAnna62
    edited March 2020
    Options
    @MadisonMolly2017 It's goejus!!! :)<3:) Way to go sticking to your plan!!!

I have a cold today, so I'm gonna take a rest day....NOT Covid-19 :s
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,212 Member
    Options
    Tiny Habits to the rescue!

Noted habit and behavior change expert Dr. BJ Fogg is offering a series of free workshops on coping with various aspects of social distancing and living with COVID19. Check it out! You'll need to be able to access these using the Zoom teleconferencing system.

https://www.tinyhabits.com/expert-help