Are any of you still there?

Options
jaxlace
jaxlace Posts: 7 Member
Hi all,
I joined this group last year when it was quite new, and didn't post at that time. Since then my weight continued to rise until I was the heaviest ever in my life at 66 years old. Not a good idea when I already have some arthritis.

At the end of last year I was diagnosed with breast cancer and had three months of chemo which has helped me to lose one and a half stone, simply because I couldn't taste food and wasn't hungry not because I was sick. It really is true that if you eat less, you lose weight.

Now I have my appetite back I am very aware that weight must stay off, and a few extra pounds would help. MFP is helping me keep track of what I eat, and more importantly when I have to stop eating on any day! For example, if I know what I'm eating in the evening I fill that in and can see what calories are available for lunch and snacks. I think it's important to fill it in as you go - if you leave it until the end of the day and fill in what you ate, it could be too late for that day :(

I thought I'd come and have a look to see how you are all getting on and it is a very quiet group. To the owner of the group, have you thought that the photo you've used is already fabulous and may be putting people off joining. I can never aspire to having a body like that.

Replies

• henacynflin
    henacynflin Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Perhaps not ! It seems very quiet. Are there any other groups for old codgers like me ?
  • njag6393
    njag6393 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Theres a group called 60 years and up