March 23 Sign In

Options
RangerRickL
RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?

Replies

• SuziQ113
    SuziQ113 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    My manager who is a VP and has approximately 200 indirect/direct reports under her sent us this link. It's worth a watch.

• BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,364 Member
    Options
    SuziQ113 wrote: »
    @bold_rabbit and @Chinkiri

Coping
    I am starting day 7. The first few days were fine, then I started to feel a little out of sorts especially by Friday which was day 4. I decided it was in my best interest not only sticking to a routine, but to hit my to-do list. On Saturday I got up and after my morning routine began to do things around the house and as items were accomplished I started to feel a little lighter throughout the day. Yesterday my mood was even better.
    Some of the things I completed since the start of this to feel a little saner/safer.
    • Took inventory of my pantry and refrigerator. It provided a comfort level when I realized I have enough in the house to keep my body fueled. Yes, a lot of canned beans and vegetables are in my future, but I will be fine.
    • Took inventory of all paper goods. I knew I was very low on TP so put in to place a #1 and the rest plan. I am using washcloths for #1 and TP for the rest. I am fortunate to have a washer and dryer in my home, but if I did not I could hand wash and hang to dry.
    • I have limited my news time. I am allowing myself only one hour a day. It is enough.
    • My commute time is being used to hit my to-do list and to catch up with the groups I have joined on line.
    • Making sure I stick to my routine. I have been getting up, showering, eating, exercising, etc. at my usual times.
    • Calling friends and family. It has been helping staying connected; especially since it is just me and the cat.
    • Writing out at least three things I am thankful for every day.
    • Making sure I get outside for at least 20 minutes per day.

We are strong, we are resourceful, we a beautiful, we are all in this together. Sending hugs and prayers of strength to all.

The "Filling in time strategies" in the spoiler are well worth a read if anyone feels they need them.
  • stella7x7
    stella7x7 Posts: 2,607 Member
    Options
    3/23
    Exersized-?yes
    Caleries?-yes
    Logged?-yes
  • JTreasures
    JTreasures Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    Yes x 3
  • znaoiec
    znaoiec Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    Yes x 3
  • Lilutz
    Lilutz Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Yes x 3. Exercise was 45-minute online HIIT class and 19 minute walk.
  • shirtswiththumbholes
    shirtswiththumbholes Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    3/21-3/23
    Yes to all 3 - I've been tracking and staying under goal and I've been doing Heather Robertson's 12 week challenge
  • BMcC9
    Options
    YAYYYYY!!! Just got a big Silver Lining piece of news. My second language evaluation test (part 1) is indefinitely postponed! ( my pre-situation deadline for renewing all three parts is by the end of Nov)
  • BMcC9
    Options
    BMcC9 wrote: »

the coping-while-stuck-at-home strategies I referenced a few days back will be posted by this evening North America EST

As promised, here they are and I will also put them in What's On Your Mind for easy future reference. I am following @SuziQ113 's lead and giving titles while putting the rest inside spoiler envelopes so that you can read or not when and as you choose.

TIPS TO TAKE CARE OF YOUR MENTAL HEALTH
    • Stay informed, but follow news coverage about COVID-19 in moderation. Take breaks from watching, reading, or listening to news stories. It can be upsetting to hear about the crisis and see images repeatedly.
    • Take care of your body. Take deep breaths, stretch or meditate. Try to eat healthy, well-balanced meals, exercise regularly, and get plenty of sleep.
    • Make time to step back and consider how to take advantage of unexpected flexibility in your daily routine.
    • Stay connected. Talk to friends or family about your feelings and concerns.
    • Maintain healthy relationships and respect other people’s feelings and decisions.
    • Show support and empathy to those dealing with difficult situations.
    • Identify what is within your control and try to direct your energy towards what most worries you within your own control.

Reminder – Helping you and your family stay healthy
    To help keep yourself and your family healthy, please continue to practice good respiratory health: •Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after using the washroom and when preparing food. Use alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available.
    •Cough or sneeze into a tissue or the bend of your arm and dispose of any tissues you have used as soon as possible in a lined waste basket and wash your hands afterwards.
    •Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
    •Clean the following high-touch surfaces (such as toys, phones and remotes) frequently with regular household cleaners or diluted bleach (1 part bleach to 9 parts water).
    •Limit all non-essential trips and avoid crowds whenever possible.

Managing your Mental Health in Times of Uncertainty
    The nature of the developing events related to COVID-19 can leave us all feeling anxious and uncertain.
    When our daily lives undergo changes, it can affect our routines, thought patterns and therefore be unsettling. Looking after your emotional well-being is an important practice.
    Caring for ourselves involves the attitudes, behaviours and actions that we take to maintain or improve our well-being. These may include an array of strategies aimed at nurturing the body, mind and spirit. When we are in balance, in all facets of our lives, our body, mind and spirit are in harmony. This implies a commitment and investment to know oneself, to responsibly and mindfully manage our personal resources, and to recognize our limits and choose healthy actions.
    Below you will find some strategies for supporting both your mental and physical well-being in times of uncertainty:
    •Meet your basic needs, ensuring you are eating healthy, drinking plenty of fluids and getting regular sleep. If you are biologically deprived, you may be at risk of endangering your mental health.
    •Take frequent breaks. Go for a walk, listen to music, read a book and/or talk with a family member/friend.
    •Be mindful of your alcohol, nicotine, caffeine, and sugar consumption.
    •Limit or avoid looking at news and media related to the situation at hand.
    •Connect with your supports. Talk to your colleagues; connect with family and friends to support each other. At times like these, we tend to isolate ourselves out of fear and anxiety. Tell your story and listen to others.
    •Respect one’s differences. Some people need to talk while others prefer to be alone. Recognize and respect these differences in yourself and in others.
    •Practice a self-care check-in. Pay attention to depressive thoughts and/or signs of stress in yourself. If you experience prolonged sadness, difficulty sleeping, intrusive thoughts, or feelings of hopelessness, it is important to seek support.
    •Identify what is within your control. Worrying about things that are beyond our control is not useful.
    •Be aware of your emotions such as fear, grief, guilt, frustration, exhaustion and so on. When you notice these emotions, work with a family member or colleague to develop a self-care plan. A plan will include activities you have used previously to overcome difficult situations such as regular exercise, meditation or journaling.
    •Devote a moment of each day to reflect on the uniqueness of this time and to make decisions for tomorrow.

Resiliency promotes courage, empathy, compassion and humility.
    Building up your resiliency includes pausing, stepping back, taking a breath and taking time to recheck our thoughts, ideas and feelings. Being aligned in our values, intentions and current reality are skills that we acquire. Self-awareness, including the ability of introspection, practice of listening and engaging in various reflective tools are key to maintaining optimal mental health.
    Qualities that may emerge include:
    •the attitude of not knowing all of the answers;
    •being open to discovering what will work best in the given situation;
    •accepting things as they are - without judgment;
    •having the willingness and courage to accept that a decision was, in hindsight, the wrong one;
    •willingness to adjust the course without a need to blame or self-criticize; and,
    •having realistic expectations of one’s own performance, including the ability to take responsibility and take steps towards “starting over”.

At times, we undergo stress that exceeds our ability to adapt and to remain in balance. Sometimes, this may bring anxiety born of feeling powerless in situations beyond our control. Real or perceived powerlessness, the inability to cause or prevent change, may contribute to our feelings of vulnerability.
    Neglecting or ignoring our health and well-being will negatively affect our resilience. Sometimes, talking to a mental health professional can help you regain a healthy perspective on the current situation and its impact on you.