March 26 Sign In

Options
RangerRickL
RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?

Replies

• epangili
    epangili Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I truly enjoyed an amazing online graduation celebration - super fun!!! Zoom is a cool online tool. Ladies from my bible study of celebrate recovery book 1 graduates. I played the graduation march while announcing their names and they cheered just like it was a stadium. For book 2, it's important to build their own support team so the party focused of course on Jesus but also them getting to know each other on a better level. My co leader and I made up a Gab Game that spurred a mix of laughs and tender heartfelt moments so they felt connected. Everyone only had great things to say of their hearts were filled, loved seeing everyone again and connecting. No one wanted to take a break but kept going straight. We had a fun raffle too. Afterwards, we closed with heartfelt prayer partnered up in pairs over the phone and some made plans to hang in twos. I was blessed to feel Jesus love in them and with each other. I needed this in such a time as this.
  • BonnieHosk85
    BonnieHosk85 Posts: 2,552 Member
    Options
    Saw your post in the introductions. Congrats on your two years with UAC, @MadisonMolly2017!! (17 months in the WC!!)

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes, walking Ollie 31 minutes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,348 Member
    Options
    Exercised? Yes, did Barr's Bootcampt Upper and Lower Body DVD
    Log? Yes
    Under calories? Yes
  • w8goal4life
    w8goal4life Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    3/26
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes...enjoyable outside walk today in high 60's temps.

@RangerRickL We, too, are consuming all home-prepared meals. Although questionable as to efficacy, I also made masks for when we go to the grocery store, which masks will be sanitized between each use.
  • SuziQ113
    SuziQ113 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Yes x 3
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,130 Member
    Options
    Thu 26:
    Exercise: 98 mins, walking, gardening
    Calories: Yes
    Tracked: Yes

2️⃣ pass days left

Grateful that
    • I spoke to my elder grandson today.
    • we were able to walk in the sunshine today in isolation.
    • we have sufficient food in the larder
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,386 Member
    Options
    SuziQ113 wrote: »
    Hello one and all.
    I believe it was yesterday I mentioned during this challenging time I decided it was in my best interest to start the day listing what I am grateful for today. It may be nice for us to add these to our daily stats and/or in the "What's on My Mind" section. I will start here and the group can dictate the best place to post. :smile:

What are you be grateful for today?

If this is what strikes a chord for the group, whereever the ongoing listing ends up, I would be happy to participate.

Today, I am grateful that:
    • I live in a community that is stepping up and voluntarily making necessary responsible changes in behaviors
    • Both my son and I work in a sector where work-at-home can happen and therefore no real income-impact. I know that isn't the case for all.
    • Our supply chains remain unaffected at this point.

I will post my coping strategies in a separate entry when I post my daily results (which are looking like another winning day today)

But I will add that , like
    3/26 Although questionable as to efficacy, I also made masks for when we go to the grocery store, which masks will be sanitized between each use.

DH has ordered bits&bobs that will become prototype trial masks for the same level of purpose as @w8goal4life mentions.

I am grateful to have such an inventive and protective lifelong best-friend for a DH.

• alligatorob
    alligatorob Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes, and my gym remains open, but I am not sure for how much longer. They practice some pretty extreme sanitation measures, everyone has to carry a spray disinfectant and treat every surface before and after touching. It is pretty rigorously enforced, and the slightest sign of any cold or flu symptoms gets you banned. It is a small gym, and the crowd has really thinned down, keeping a 6 ft distance is easy. But I am not sure the authorities will let it stay open much longer, a day to day thing. I am also walking, and if the gym shuts down I guess I will just do more walking. Today it was just a walk from home, a view from today's walk: 6dczzsg6uplo.jpg
  • epangili
    epangili Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Exercise? YES

Calorie budget? YES
    3rd day doing I.F. and breaking fast with protein instead of fats and carbs (avocado toast my favorite) to avoid double insulin spike. Resulted in breakthrough of my plateau and 5.6 lbs away from middle range of normal bmi on Asian American bmi chart. Unexpected result, munchies monster has completely disappeared along with his buddy craving critter. Also, I was weirdly very cold but according to Thomas DeLaur this is because my body is changing ratios of brown versus white fat which is advantageous to have more brown fat. He goes on to say that 40 year olds should do I.F. no more than 3 to 4 days a week. So I'll be taking a I.F. break tomorrow. Hope those enemies stay away.

Track? YES

Grateful? See answer above, I think 1st page.
  • MelissaSheklian
    MelissaSheklian Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Yes x3
    Finding it very easy to log and stay in my calorie limit while sheltering in place(which is usually what I struggle with), so that’s a silver lining.
  • victorious55
    victorious55 Posts: 3,292 Member
    Options
    March 26

Track: Yes
    Calories: Yes
    Exercise: Yes

Kitchen closed: Yes!

1/3 pass day (Mar 8)
  • Hollis100
    Hollis100 Posts: 1,408 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes, 260 minutes -- walking for myself, and then 2.5 hours disinfecting public areas of my workplace (pitching in with other employees) because of the virus
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? yes, well under
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? yes

How am I coping? On the one hand, I'm glad to be employed. My town looks like a ghost town. Most of the businesses have closed. However, I'm exposed to the public, so if the pandemic gets worse, I stand a high chance of becoming ill. Right now, I can't afford to stop working. I do have a lot of leave I haven't used, but it won't last forever. The situation is alarming for us all.

@RangerRickL Glad to read that you and Rose are safe and sound in your desert condo. Everybody else, stay well and safe.

@alligatorob wonderful photo

• corriepelc
    corriepelc Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? 37 minutes of strength + 3 mile run outside this morning, and a 2 mile walk after work.

Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes and under

Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yep!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,586 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes, You Tube videos, walking and dance, yoga, planks

Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes, still trying to figure out Fitbit adjustments and whether or not I should be logging exercise calories or not.

Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes, down to every teabag and spice!

Grateful for: Being able to physically move, any time I start taking it for granted I'm reminded how bad my chronic pain was and how awful my health used to be. It's not great now but each time I stop and think that I was able to stand for more than 5 minutes without squatting I'm overwhelmed, nevermind actually working out! Also grateful my family's safe even if I can't see them right now and for my kittens.
  • JTreasures
    JTreasures Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    Yes x 3