Is anyone actually using this thread?

LargeEricS
LargeEricS Posts: 109 Member
Well basically just what I said lol, is anyone actually using this thread?

Replies

• LargeEricS
    Not that it appears anyone is, but I'm on day 21. Week 3 was ROUGH. From a physical to mental aspect, brutal. I've powered through though and I am expecting good things at the scale tomorrow. Not that the numbers are the end all be all of my life, but they do make you feel good when they cooperate.
  • issaiahjordan
    issaiahjordan Posts: 10 Member
    I started my insanity journey yesterday. It was really tough! I'm starting to think how I will have the motivation to continue for 2 months+. How are you getting on? Still motivated?

• LargeEricS
    I started my insanity journey yesterday. It was really tough! I'm starting to think how I will have the motivation to continue for 2 months+. How are you getting on? Still motivated?

Congrats man, one day at a time is what I tell myself. Next thing you know you'll wake up and be on day 24 (plyo). Hell yeah I'm still motivated. They're tough but I've lost 5lbs since starting but the changes look more noticeable than that! Once you see the results that will really fuel you! Honestly my trick is ranking the workouts from the worst to your favorite. For example I personally like pure cardio and recovery obviously. So when it's not one of those I just tell myself 1 day or 2 days till something I actually like. Idk works for me.
  • LargeEricS
    Day 25 Recovery/leg day. As if everyday isn't already a leg day hahahaha. Only two more days and on to that sweet sweet recovery week
  • LargeEricS
    Day 26, Pure Cardio and Cardio Abs. I always liked pure cardio for some reason, well as much as you can like any of these workouts that is hahaha
  • LargeEricS
    Day 27 and Month 1 of insanity in the books. The inner pride I have right now is off the charts. Insanity is a tough program and I've tried on more than one occasion to complete it and never have. This time I'm more physically ready for challenge, and it's my time! A full week of slower paced recovery workouts will be nice too. Marking this occasion with a bit of a splurge on dinner (within moderation of course)
  • GetZet
    GetZet Posts: 126 Member
    Well done!

I’ve made it to month 1 once before but not further. That was years ago. My fitness journey has been going in fits and starts for a long time.

I’ve just splurged on BeachBody On Demand and started Insanity. Today will be day 3. Mine is more mid-April challenge than March but I’m excited to restart this journey.
  • LargeEricS
    GetZet wrote: »
    Well done!

I’ve made it to month 1 once before but not further. That was years ago. My fitness journey has been going in fits and starts for a long time.

I’ve just splurged on BeachBody On Demand and started Insanity. Today will be day 3. Mine is more mid-April challenge than March but I’m excited to restart this journey.

Welcome and Good luck!!!! Today I start Month 2. I'm nervous and excited! I'll keep you guys posted
  • GetZet
    I’m excited for you! Also rooting for you.

Day 3 complete. I had forgotten how deep into the body heat rises from when doing deep stretches—yoga style. I think I sweat more today with cardio recovery than I did yesterday. This is also week1 and I’m decidedly round...so there’s that.
  • GetZet
    Pure cardio done. Tomorrow’s workout will end my first full week of Insanity. It only gets more intense from here. To which I say, BRING IT.
  • LargeEricS
    Pure cardio done. Tomorrow’s workout will end my first full week of Insanity. It only gets more intense from here. To which I say, BRING IT.

The first week was the hardest for me. The mental commitment of doing the videos while struggling to get around my house in was so sore.
    Day 3 complete. I had forgotten how deep into the body heat rises from when doing deep stretches—yoga style. I think I sweat more today with cardio recovery than I did yesterday. This is also week1 and I’m decidedly round...so there’s that.

I was quite around myself the first time I tried insanity 285lbs. to be exact. It does help I'm 6'4 but I was still overweight. After two years of on again off again I found myself around 245lbs and decided what the hell I'll dust the ol disc's off. I had previously made it to the Recovery week but never further. This is chartered territory for me, and I LIKE IT!!!

Today will be the 3rd day of month 2 for me, Day 38, Max Cardio Conditioning. Hopefully I will like this video more than the previous 2 as I always enjoyed pure cardio. I just like that nonstop fomat, idk why but I enjoy the switch of pace. The first two days however were rough. I decided to not have a rest day and did the fit test a day earlier instead of doing two workouts together. The two biggest differences to me are the length obviously, and the strength required. For the length, 60mins is just a long time to go wide open, and I get so tired I get a sense of time just dragging on which in turns just wears on me mentally. But the strength required is the biggest change, to me at least. After month one I am more than conditioned cardio wise to keep chugging through month 2, but shaun t stepped up the upper body attention. Yesterday was max plyo and he has you attempting like a 100 pushups or more plus other exercises in high plank, and so forth also taxing the upper body. However, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger and I'm just going to have to dig deeper and push through.
  • GetZet
    You’re doing a great job.

I, too, made it to recovery week last time I committed to this challenge. I loved the progress but life happened and I dropped the challenge.

This time, I’m a bit more conditioned heart-healthy wise, just out of practice.

However, this time I have BeachBody whereas last time I was working from a borrowed burned disc set. The deluxe extras are intriguing.

I’m through the first week, and walked 6.9 miles on my rest day (today.) I have plans to get a second, smaller workout in 2-3 times during this upcoming week 2—ab work, strength training, things that won’t lead to overtraining or injury, that won’t make me burn out.

I think day6 of week2 is pure cardio and cardio abs anyway, so tomorrow I’ll get in an extra ab session and Friday I’ll do some upper body strength training.

I agree; Pure Cardio is fun. There’s an all out sports version of it that I remember enjoying, too—no move repeated, constant high energy motion, no breaks. I’m just in the re-learning phase right now; I can’t keep up yet without sacrificing form. But I will, just as you are.
  • LargeEricS
    You’re doing a great job.

I, too, made it to recovery week last time I committed to this challenge. I loved the progress but life happened and I dropped the challenge.

This time, I’m a bit more conditioned heart-healthy wise, just out of practice.

However, this time I have BeachBody whereas last time I was working from a borrowed burned disc set. The deluxe extras are intriguing.

I’m through the first week, and walked 6.9 miles on my rest day (today.) I have plans to get a second, smaller workout in 2-3 times during this upcoming week 2—ab work, strength training, things that won’t lead to overtraining or injury, that won’t make me burn out.

I think day6 of week2 is pure cardio and cardio abs anyway, so tomorrow I’ll get in an extra ab session and Friday I’ll do some upper body strength training.

I agree; Pure Cardio is fun. There’s an all out sports version of it that I remember enjoying, too—no move repeated, constant high energy motion, no breaks. I’m just in the re-learning phase right now; I can’t keep up yet without sacrificing form. But I will, just as you are.

I'm glad I'm not the only one crazy enough to like pure cardio!

Also speaking from only my experience and opinions, I tried to also get more work in other than insanity the last time and I ultimately think it's the reason I stopped at Recovery week. I found I need the rest just as much mentally as physically. I just needed a day where I told myself I wasn't working out.

Anywho, day 45 of 63 today. Shaun T is kicking my butt and I love it. Little stiff this morning, but max plyo this afternoon should loosen me up haha.
  • LargeEricS
    Day 52 of 63, Max Cardio & Cardio Abs. Month 2 is crazy but rewarding. However my results are crazy and are making it well worth it. I also came to the conclusion I hate Max Recovery, that's just me though hahaha.
  • anniechyr
    anniechyr Posts: 2 Member
    DAY 30!!

So surprisingly I havent lost any weight and I'm feeling pretty bummed about it. I think it has a lot to do with the diet.
  • LargeEricS
    anniechyr wrote: »
    DAY 30!!

So surprisingly I havent lost any weight and I'm feeling pretty bummed about it. I think it has a lot to do with the diet.

I don't know what your diet looks like but I wouldn't sweat it. I didnt lose that much weight till the end of Recovery Week myself. I lost like 2lbs the first week which I figured was probably water weight. After that I only lost 2lbs for the rest of month 1. However, after Recovery week it's been a complete different story. I'm going to do day 61 of 63 tonight and I've seen dramatic results through month 2. Oh and woo hoo down to the last 3 days!!!!
  • LargeEricS
    Well today is the final day of Insanity, and all I can say is it's been real. The results are good, and I just feel good.
  • GetZet
    Eric, you’re amazing. Well done!