April 25 Sign In

Options
2»

Replies

• Hollis100
    Hollis100 Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    @oldDogBiking Cheers back at you! Hope you enjoyed the Scotch as you celebrated your 800,000 milestone! And yes, that photo shows the huge shadow of the mountain, plus the peace of nature.
  • Hollis100
    Hollis100 Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    @epangili That's interesting that you set a 20 minute timer and self-evaluated by the satiate scale you showed us, and your craving disappeared.

I'm a sugar fiend. I believe different things work for different people. It works best for me to almost never eat sweets, only fruit. Moderation doesn't work for me -- if I have a small amount of sweets on a regular basis, then I want them all the time. If I don't eat them at all, then I stop wanting them.

Good luck and let us know how it goes!
  • epangili
    epangili Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Hollis100 thank you for your insight and encouragement. I've tried restricting sugar but it didn't work for me leading me to more intense cravings and feeling deprived. I'm tapered my sugar tastebuds off my birthday and Easter treats and leftover sweets with just fruit then slowly going back to one small treat a day. Today was one homemade low calorie banana brownie serving no sugar nor sugar substitute and no flour planned after dinner.

Coach, great preplanning! Hope you enjoy your anniversary!
  • Hulya_79
    Hulya_79 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    April 25

Exercise: Yes, 60 mins walk at home by Leslie
    Calories: Yes
    Tracked: Yes
  • Greenminnow
    Greenminnow Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Yup x 3
    3 hours filling raised garden bed with dirt... maybe I should get an exercise bike instead 😚
  • readyornot1234
    readyornot1234 Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    @Bill70sStrong - been there. After surgeries I was so discouraged that I couldn’t just get up and pick up where I left off. My mind was rearing to go but my body was saying “eh, maybe tomorrow.” I started with short walks. To the front door and back. Then to the mailbox and back. Little by little going a bit farther. Some days shorter. It can be discouraging. I am trying to learn how to meditate to help with patience. But I’m growing impatient with it and that’s pretty discouraging. ;-) Be patient and kind to yourself. You will get there. Welcome back!

@Greenminnow - a garden sounds like a lovely idea. I am going to buy seeds today. I plan on doing a raised bed veggie garden. Has to be raised since the dogs trample everything on the ground. I haven’t planted a garden in years but now seems like the perfect time.

@oldDogBiking - congratulations and CHEERS!

• alligatorob
    alligatorob Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    Yes, yes, yes.
  • znaoiec
    znaoiec Posts: 1,985 Member
    Options
    Yes, no, yes
    So a pass day. But still a decent day when I get out there and exercise.
    Unfortunately I miscalculated on the calories.
  • cjane917
    cjane917 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Yes x3
    Did 50 min calisthenics since Saturday is my long day
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,006 Member
    Options
    1 yr maintenance anniversary
    Yes
    Yes
    Yes