Below sugar goal: 🍭
    In fiber range: 🥬
    Self care:👎🏼
    Breathing exercise : 👎🏼
    Sleep : min 7 hours 🛌
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 Congrats on your weight loss this week! I'm totally admiring the determination that is evident in all of your posts! You go girl! Also love your thorns/roses/seeds post. I'm thinking about mine..... I have a shark vacuum and I really like it.
    @Katmary71- tech issues? Bad carrot salad? Sticky guy problems? Yikes! Yet you keep on keeping on with your health plans!
    @vegan4lyfe2012 Don't quit! It's a tough journey for all of us and it's better with friends.
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,918 Member
    Options
    @gunderw59 Gotta love those roses, woo hoo! Congrats on paying off your house, that's awesome.

ROSES:
    TRACKING- I have tracked everything that I've eaten and drank, without fail, all month. Let me rephrase that, I have PRE-TRACKED everything, I pre-track my meals either the night before or in the morning when I first wake up and I think it really is helping me stay on track.

EXERCISE- I've gone from doing zero exercise to exercising 3-4 days a week. This has really added a boost to my weight loss.

LIQUIDS- I've really made an effort to drink more liquids and this past week have bought a Sodastream which is helping me drink even more liquids.

MEAL PLANNING- I continue to meal plan like I've always done. I haven't really had too hard a time finding the ingredients for my recipes, I go to a small international market that has a lot of different products to meet my needs.

THORNS:
    SLEEP- My sleep continues to be challenging. For the first 3-4 hours of the night, my anxiety wakes me up about 3-4 times an hour to "go to the bathroom" but I don't really have to go to the bathroom, it's just my anxiety telling me I have to go to the bathroom. I just picked up a prescription sleeping aid so I may have better sleep in May, we'll see.

HUSBAND'S WORK AT HOME DAYS- when my husband works at home, I tend not to workout or do too much. He's very distracting. Luckily, he's not working at home very often and less so nowadays.

EATING OUT- My husband and I have made it a point to support the small businesses in our community by eating takeout about once a week and I don't always make good decisions. I try to make the best decisions I can but I'm not perfect.

SEEDS:
    I want to strenghten my "NO" muscle when it comes to saying no to takeout when my husband on a whim asks if I want to get takeout. I want to improve my sleep to the point that I'm only getting up once an hour throughout the night. I want to get back to a schedule during the day of my choice rather than willy nilly floating through the day like I am now.

Calories: over/under: over
    Water: over/under over
    Exercise: Walk with friend practicing social distancing.
    Goals or Improvements for tomorrow: 52+ oz of water.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,101 Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Two more Slimpossibles joining for May! @Kelly_2013 and @JulieD769 are ready for you, and will be joining in soon!

And yet another as well - @veryhotmails has requested your team specifically. Have a great time!
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,574 Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Check-in - Monday Report
    Good day 🟢
    I continue to be inspired by the amazing @Katmary71 ! Yesterday I did several things that you found or pointed me at - THANK you! I did: Step Hero 1 of 6 - How to do Step Aerobics; Jenny Ford Step Aerobics-Aspen Trail ; Jenny Ford Step Aerobics Cardio in Hawaii; Step Aerobics Sweaty Interval Training Workout Video Quick Cardio ; and half of Deep Stretch on the Mat with Sydney Cummings.
    Monday Report
    Calories: 🟢 all good, on-plan choices; I was in the green when I checked in last night; today MFP says I went a little over - huh? Okay, I'll aim to go a wee bit lower today to allow for random-adjustments-after-the-fact.
    Exercise: 🟢 Jenny Ford and Sydney Cummings workouts (129 min); THANK you @Katmary71
    Water: 🟢
    Habit Tracking
    - Breathing Exercises (daily 2+ min) 🟢
    - Meditation (daily 2+ min) 🟢
    - M.A. Forms Practice (daily; 1) 🟢
    - Exercise (6 x week/45+ min) 🟢
    - Food weighed/measured/on plan (daily) 🟢
    Other Goals
    - 10K steps 🟢
    - Bonus workout video 🟢
    - Tiny Habit - Gardening (pull at least one weed!) 🟢
    - Activity Calorie Burn (per MFP): 588
    Tuesday Goals
    - Another platform workout!
    - Weights with Sydney -- missed those yesterday
    - 10K steps
    - Stretching - Classical Stretch or foam roller series with Sydney
    - Tiny Habit - Gardening (pull at least one weed!)
    - Activity Calorie Burn (per MFP): 600 (aiming just a little higher than yesterday)
    - Slimpossibles: Roses & Thorns later today!
    - OTHER: Catch up on Scouts work this afternoon!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,584 Member
    Options
    @Kelly-2013 @JulieD769 @veryhotmails Welcome to the gang, jump right in and introduce yourself!

@AustinRuadhain I'm so happy you're finding videos you like from my recommendations! I haven't done any of those, I'll check them out!

Well, my body pooped out last night, had a big spasm running from a wasp in my bedroom and ended up on the floor, it's been a few years since my legs have given out and that was from nerve pain, laying on the floor woke me up. My legs have still been having problems but obviously I haven't been that great about a break from cardio especially, legs, and steps. I woke up thinking just 30 minutes wouldn't be that bad but gotta chill. I have a lot of nervous energy, cardio's more for draining it than my body though burning the calories means I can eat more, don't know if I can fit in a cookie tonight! I used to do only cardio the first half of last year on my bike more cardio than I do now) then added weights and cardio machines at the gym, I never had my legs cramp up until I started these videos. I'll still do upper body every other, core, yoga, and foam rolling since I have videos that only include standing or laying down then see how I do this week. Shoot, love my cardio!
  • jmbrown11
    jmbrown11 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hey all! It’s been a solid three and a half to four years since I’ve been on mfp! First time around I lost 100 pounds and felt great. Went through a divorce and let myself go but I’m back at it again and want to maintain this as a lifestyle, not just to hit my goal. I started a couple weeks ago at 243 and I’m 234 now so almost down 10 pounds.

I’ve been doing treadmill and slowly easing back into running (at my fitness I was ready to run a half marathon but life got in the way) anyways. If anyone could give me a quick run down on what to expect from this group that would be great as I have no idea what exactly I signed up for except to lose weight haha. Thanks for any responses
  • its_cleo
    its_cleo Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Hey @jmbrown11 welcome! This is a fun group. There is a weekly weight checkin, you pick whatever day works for you, and the teams compete. There is a habit tracker spreadsheet which is pretty cool.

Here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1kfm2zGAheqpXKG4o3sj-sWen5bx6p14e12M1n0QhG9M/edit#gid=664174601

There are other weekly challenges too. Some others can fill you in.

@katmary71 please - listen to your body and get some rest! I know it sucks but it's important. Also maybe- with me there is an emotional component when I don't want to stop exercising, and it can help me if I can sort that out.

Because of course gang I've really fried my achilles. So as I reported before I had a setback. So then I was like ok no jogging, just walking. Well I think even walking is too much. I walked 3.5 kms all day and it hurt pretty bad after. I was talking to my trainer and he said I should probably only be walking 1 km a day for at least a week.

So I know he's right but I'm struggling with it. We're still in a shut down here so it was the only way I was getting some exercise.

Anyway- my trainer posted this exercise for me to do, I thought I would share:

Goal: complete 3 circuits as fast as possible with good form:

1) Bodyweight Squats (15)
    2) Knee Push-ups (6-8)
    3) Alternating Reverse Lunges (10/10)
    4) Bodyweight One-leg Romanian Deadlift (10/10)
    5) RDL (with 2 15lbs weights) (10/10)
    6) Overhead DB Press with 10 lb weight (12 reps)
    7) Superman (10)
    8) V-sit (10)
    9) Swiss Ball Bridge (10)
    10) Russian Twist (15/15)

I have very limited dumbbells so that is why there is not a lot of weights.
  • its_cleo
    its_cleo Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    So I have fitrockr and fitbit on my phone but I can't get fitbit to work. I guess because I know have a bunch of time to sit on my butt I can figure it out.
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    WELCOME TO OUR NEW MEMBERS!!! @jmbrown11, @Kelly_2013, @JulieD769 and @veryhotmails!

Please jump right in so we can get to you as you get to know us! :)

bx8v1fvzb0bf.jpg
  • JulieD769
    JulieD769 Posts: 8 Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    😃
  • Jactop
    Jactop Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    I just saw a new recipe I can't wait to try. Slice cucumbers, soak in salt and white vinegar 1hr, spread on a sheet and bake @175 for 4 hrs. I'm going to try them tomorrow. I'll let you know how they turn out. Probably crappy but keeping my fingers crossed and hoping they're the answer to late night snacking 😋

Mon/TuesCheck In
    1. Track✔
    2. Exercise ✔ bike 60 min
    3. Weights ✔
    4. Stretch ✔
    5. No Sugar ✔
  • Katmary71
    Options
    @jmbrown11 Wow, you're off to a great start! Smart to ease back into running.

As far as the group Cleo told you some of it. In general you check in once a week with weight and can check in daily if you like. I check in each night, check off my habit tracker goals, and do a nightly update while drinking my herbal tea before bed, it's what works for you. What's nice about the weigh-ins is there's no guilt if you don't lose or the scale is up, this is a supportive atmosphere first. I was pretty worried the first week I hadn't lost at the reaction and everyone was great. Some of us are in maintenance too so you get to hang out with your new friends even when you're done.

@its_cleo I know you probably didn't mean to be funny but I got a kick out of you saying you had nothing else to do but figure out Fitbit sitting on your butt. I'm going bonkers today! I got my heart rate up higher dealing with Costco customer support! That's a good workout you have planned, great exercises. Guess we're both struggling with taking it easy!

@Jactop report back on the cucumbers, I'm curious how they are!
  • Katmary71
    Options
    Tuesday check-in
    Calories- under
    Exercise- Chair exercises for seniors, elderly, and everyone else; Sidney Cummings back legs and glute stretch, Karen Voight 35 minute stretch, AthleanX 7 minute abs, foam rolling
    Water- over

Habits
    Cardio 30 minutes- nope
    Weights 1/0
    Yoga/core- stretch and abs
    Recipe- nothing planned, carrot salad
    10,000 steps- nope

Well, thought I'd sit on my exercise ball to do the chair exercises but while I was waiting for it to start I was bouncing up and down on it and my calves complained so I got off it. Can't say working out was very fun though the ab part was cool. I only stretch because my body likes it, my mind not so much. Tomorrow at least I can look forward to arm weights. I'm only at 3000 steps and didn't get a single Fitbit credit today, had to cut way back on food! My legs are feeling a little bit better though so I know I'm doing the right thing, will just have to resist that "yay, going to do some fun videos today" feeling tomorrow morning no matter how I feel!

Somehow my laptop had "strong impact" to crack the screen in a few places. How it jumped off the table, slammed into something, and cracked in multiple places while I ate lunch 5 feet away and returned to the table on it's own is beyond me but the warranty is voided and there's nowhere to take it that's opened to get fixed. ATT tech is coming tomorrow for internet, hopefully the 4th time will be the trick! Mail server has issues so my Dad's going to come by Thursday. A friend today said I'm lucky my phone still works, I'm hoping that doesn't change!

Here's the ab routine I did, the oblique circles at the beginning are the hardest! And no, my stomach definitely doesn't look like his!

https://youtu.be/DHD1-2P94DI
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options

apr4ztg1ktbk.jpg
    Good morning team! I saw this little challenge on a FB group and thought it would be perfect for us!!

:star: WEDNESDAY CHALLENGE :star:

1. Write down exactly what you’re going to eat. Plan it and track it....then stick to it.
    2. Decide how much water you’re going to drink, and keep track of it.
    3. Plan an exercise, push yourself a little more. If you’ve been doing 1 mile, try 1-1/4, etc. Write it down, and do it.
    4. Set aside 15 minutes to sit outside (if possible) with no noise, no distractions...and just relax!!
    5. Give yourself a pat on the back for something positive you’ve done during this period of quarantine! Nothing negative, and nothing you’re going to do...this has to be something you’ve done that you’re proud of!

Let hear from you and especially let us know your #5
    :)<3
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,918 Member
    Options
    @Katmary71 That spasm sounds awful, I'm sorry you went through that. And that stinks about your laptop. :(

@jmbrown11 Hello and welcome!

@its_cleo Wow, it does sound like you really fried your achilles! Do take care.

WEDNESDAY CHALLENGE
    1. Write down exactly what you’re going to eat. Breakfast: smoothie. Lunch: Eggplant lasagna. Dinner: Vegetable Tom Yum Soup with Chicken Satay.
    2. Decide how much water you’re going to drink, and keep track of it. 52 oz+.
    3. Plan an exercise, push yourself a little more. Leslie Sansone YouTube video.
    4. Set aside 15 minutes to sit outside (if possible) with no noise, no distractions...and just relax!! Will do!
    5. Give yourself a pat on the back for something positive you’ve done during this period of quarantine! Nothing negative, and nothing you’re going to do...this has to be something you’ve done that you’re proud of! I've managed to not emotionally eat during this period and I've had a lot to eat over. I've stayed away from the snacks and just eaten meals.

Hello everyone! I'm struggling a bit over here. It all started with me not being able to track on the WW website because they were having trouble with it. I'm hanging on by the skin of my teeth. I'm hoping doing some exercise today motivates me to stay on a healthy path. Yesterday was kind of a fail.

Calories: over/under: over
    Water: over/under over
    Exercise: ----
    Goals or Improvements for tomorrow: YouTube video, 52+ oz of water.
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,792 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone. My name is Mike. I have been here for awhile but haven’t posted to much. I had another run in with liver cancer and the took the wind out of my sails lam back now and stronger than ever. I am a truck driver so I am working. I started meal planning again and had a great loss last week. I am also getting in more exercise. I will be posting more. My health is better but I have really bad days(pain) sometimes. Looking forward to being here more. If I am not your friend please send me a request
  • mrmcgrath
    mrmcgrath Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Happy Wednesday!

Day 4/29
    Weigh in : week 4
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Weight: 192.2
    Today’s weight: 192.3

Yesterday
    Calories: maintenance
    Water: over/under : under
    Macros: off
    Exercise : 💪🏻fitbit coach, gardening and 🚶🏻‍♀️

8698 steps goal 5500
    3.77 miles
    2566 burned calories
    12 active
    86 sleep score
    65 resting heart rate
    1696 calories consumed

Basic Goal
    Workout: 💪🏻🚶🏻‍♀️
    Complete diary : 🥙
    Hydrated: 👎🏼
    Below sugar goal: 👎🏼
    In fiber range: 🥬
    Self care:🧘🏻‍♀️
    Breathing exercise : 🌬
    Sleep : min 7 hours 🛌
  • leonadixon
    leonadixon Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Username: leonadixon
    Weigh in day: Wednesday
    PW (3/25): 199.0
    Check in weight (4/1): 197.4
    Check in weight (4/8): 199.0
    Check in weight (4/15): 200.6
    Check in weight (4/22): 200.6
    Check in weight (4/29): 202.6

OH BOY..... :'(
  • jmbrown11
    jmbrown11 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the welcomes! My name is Jordan and I’m a bartender in Florida. So needless to say I’ve had ALOT of time on my hands lately. Got into a bad spot with drinking about three weeks ago (literally boredom of doing nothing each and everyday for a month!) and let stresses of life get to me. Anyways I’m not only on a fitness journey but a mental recovery journey. Im sober as of Easter Day! Lol. And back on anxiety medication which is also helping me focus on what I want out of life and get back to my old self!! Feeling pretty great about life right now. Just finished working out and am sweaty as hell!! Feels fantastic!

I don’t know how much info we’re supposed to give about ourselves but there it is!! Can’t wait for weigh in on Sunday to see where I’m at.
This discussion has been closed.