Weekly Weigh-In Anxiety

Options
smhughes6578
smhughes6578 Posts: 14 Member
Yep, tomorrows the day. I weigh-in every Saturday morning and sometimes I get anxious about what those numbers are going to read.

This week I did almost everything right but....
Maybe I indulged in too many simple carbs (3 pancakes for breakfast on Tuesday).
I had trouble sleeping a couple of times this week, did that impede on my goal of losing 2lbs this week... Stay tuned :smile:

What about you ladies, do you weigh-in?

Replies

• JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    I do early morning first thing no clothes on but the panties after my morning bathroom stop. Then record forget it! Every blue moon need a break so will skip a day . Lost 50-53lb range so far (I yo-yo from hormone fluctuations between those numbers of list weight) Started past 200+ I stopped letting the Doctor weight me after surgeries he suggested heal up then add this app so I did. Has helped a lot . Realized I was raised in a family where calories are not counted! 1 side exercises like crazy to sports. Other side heavy set only goes out for vacations only can barely walk it. Both have bad eating habits. So had to learn calorie counting. The heavier side of the family says a diet app,eating healthier,y calorie counting is super unhealthy!!! The exercise side well some have joined me y are counting calories more (they have always been the more accepting let’s do stuff as a family kind).

Got a now son 3yr old (birthday was in March during my city closures or shuts downed). Not sure the word in English so don’t nit pick got enough of that from the healthy lifestyle is unhealthy relatives. Navy Daughter 20yr old. Lots of nonbiological kids I raised many with kids now. Getting baby into exercising with me but he’s a picky eater so limits what he will allow...makes me sneak in more healthier options like vegan spaghetti recipes to peanut butter pancakes.

I make sure to measure y record since sometimes for month or so my weight stays put but the measurements go down or clothing falls off. Think Im building muscles I lost from Csection y post baby repair the inside surgeries (need more still got a detached bladder the surgery didn’t take). Muscle up weight up. Fat down weight down. Fat down with muscle up can see the scale stay the same or fluctuate funny. Hormones I find peri menopause period days 1lb gain but after if I eat right then I lost weight or stayed the same as before. When I’m ovulating (tubal tie but you still make eggs hubby still baffled by that lol it stops it from traveling down the tube not from it being made) I go up 1-2lbs. Rest of the time is my real weight.
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    Options
    Learned my condiments were outrageous waste of my calories!! So ditched them for 0-25cal options actually follow the serving size. Found that leaves me room for a Sugarfree dessert to more dinner leftovers! Not all sugarfree to low carb is low calories some lie to us! Crystal light teas 5cal ,Gatorade zero depending on bottle size 0-5cal,homemade tea with little sweeteners can lessen it,lots of water,occasional I’m being bad Diet Coke 0cal as a treat,protein shake found low cal one that’s vegan y one for women with vitamins add unsweetened almond or cashew milk. If I lessen my drink calories I can have 2 glasses per meal!

The Eating out or in 1/2 a plate rule take rest home for another day rule after I order healthy as possible! Skip the to go order of fries 🍟 it’s the main calories! Can have a mcDonalds grilled Artisian Chicken Sandwiches for less than the amount of calories in a large fries!

Using McDs as an example cause don’t have the calories for the tacos to pizza places etc at a family event or Daughter visit etc.The occasional going to a fancy dinner place for a birthday or anniversary.

McDonald’s grilled Artisian chicken sandwich 380cal
    McDonald’s Ultimate Chicken Sandwich 530 cal (Don’t get this one as you can see not all chicken sandwiches are created equal!)
    McDonald’s fries 🍟 medium 340cal/Large 490 cal! The large is more than 1 Artisian chicken burger !! At a family event 1 Artisian burger with some carrot sticks or $1 side salad without their dressing goes a long way .
    0cal Walden dressing to other brands are out there (ranch diet dressing tastes eggy not sweet a warning ⚠️).

1 slice of pizza with a healthy low cal veggie better than eating pizza until your in a 3rd slice. It’s like bags of M&Ms or jelly beans or any snack you eat the whole bag then realize the serving size is tiny! You downed 1,000 cal bags like water as a teen back in the days lol 😂.

Learning calories y serving sizes was a challenge but the weight dropped after I figured it out finally. 1200cal a day plus exercising indoors. 50-53lbs gone 13lbs to go to my goal weight if I get to 18lbs lost even bigger win. 75% of my goal is done . I’m finding still learning as I go.
    No salt y too much is bad for you. Everything in moderation
  • smhughes6578
    Options
    Hello JRsLateinLife,

I'm glad to see you here. Congratulations on losing "50-53 lbs" ~ it takes... depending on who you ask :smile: will power, determination, motivation... but, you know how much work it took you. And obviously, you stuck to it ~ and still are.

I know you're not asking for advice but... I hope you don't mind, it's just that all sugar substitutes are chemically made and for that reason are more unhealthy than sugar. Aspartame for example causes all sorts of digestive issues, there are many man-made sugar substitutes and they all come with unhealthy side effects.

I am a self-professed sugar addict :| and it can be difficult for me not to give into cravings especially when I'm stressed (this pandemic is not helping). I have four adult children (not all of them are being as cautious as I'd like them to be) and five grandchildren - not to mention other family and friends.

I've been doing pretty good on most days, but the last three days in a row I've been over on calories ~ too many sugar cookies. Getting back on track today.

Keep up the good work.
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    Options
    Had to start using sugar substitutes because of Diabetes. It held fast wouldn’t let go even after I gave birth. The Doctors put me on the hunt for other ways to sweeten stuff . Weighed in at 54lb loss this morning. I still on the hunt for all diabetic y blood pressure friendly foods. I struggled with both after son was born 3yrs ago finally can pass tests for my pressure y sugars levels. So far working in mobility I’m happy to say I did 40 pull-ups unaided by the exercise band this morning!!
    So happy about it my Csection was a hip to hip T-cut very rare harder to rebuild stomach muscles after. Lol I look pregnant still may always have my belly but being able to do a push up is a long way from when I couldn’t walk unaided after him.

Boy I miss sugar cookies with frosting. Oh well once you get diabetes there’s no turning back time just alternating my diet to control it
  • smhughes6578
    Options
    Wow! Congratulations on your 54lb weight loss! Color me impressed ~~~ B) Hmm, they don't have that here :smile:

Sorry to hear about your problems with diabetes. I should probably know a bit more about it as both my parents developed it later in life and both of my aunts as well - I'm hoping to avoid that with a healthier diet and moving... much more than they did :smiley:

Also, so happy to hear that you've been able to do 40 pull ups! I'm working on 1 :neutral:
    I just ordered a set of bands with a door anchor and am really looking forward to adding some muscle tone.

I was a bit sad when all I lost this past Saturday was .4 lbs. I think I'll see better results this week. I know what I did wrong last week but, sometimes it's not as easy to figure out when you look at your week and can't figure out why you didn't lose more.

Stay safe (and don't worry about your tummy) ~ the ability to carry a life within you is the most beautiful gift in the world! And... it comes with some side effects :smile: And your son is adorable ~ the best "side effect" :smiley:

Have a great week and thanks for sharing.

Sarah