May 12 Sign In

2»

Replies

• corriepelc
    corriepelc Posts: 2,088 Member
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? 30 minutes of strength + 2 mile run this morning, and 30 minutes of walking on the treadmill after work.

Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes and under

Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yep!
  • RangerRickL
    RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
    @ChristalCori You can have 3 Pass Days and still be in the Winner's Circle. Over 3 Pass Days, we are still on the team, but we don't qualify for that month's Winner's Circle.
  • onward1
    onward1 Posts: 386 Member
    yes x 3, barely made 20 minutes of movement, as I'm learning how to sew face masks, today is going to be sunny and warm, much to do outside. Also picking up my bike from the shop, looking forward to riding again.....and no snow. 1 pass used so far.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,963 Member
    May 12
    Yes x 3
    💚

Yes, exercise, sleep, water ALL help us be healthy & lose weight! Fascinating topic!
  • victorious55
    victorious55 Posts: 3,280 Member
    May 12

Track: Yes
    Calories: Yes
    Exercise: Yes

Kitchen Closed: Yes

Pass days: 1
  • Hollis100
    Hollis100 Posts: 1,408 Member
    craigo3154 wrote: »
    Hollis100 wrote: »
    Thanks for the post @RangerRickL Sleep is so important for so many reasons.

I also find it interesting that we lose weight in our sleep, sometimes up to two pounds a night.

From https://www.npr.org/sections/krulwich/2013/06/19/193556929/every-night-you-lose-more-than-a-pound-while-youre-asleep-for-the-oddest-reason

"This is like the Sting song, "Every breath you take ... " All night long, every time you breathe out, a bunch of carbon atoms, formerly inside your body, leave your insides and take off into the night air. You breathe in oxygen, O2. You breathe out carbon dioxide, (two oxygen atoms with a carbon atom attached), so there's an extra carbon atom leaving in every round trip."

@Hollis100. Good find. Also true that 1/4 pound (or 100g or so) is carbon in carbon dioxide. The other 1/4 pound is water vapor (expiration as opposed to perspiration or urination). Exhaled air is warmer and more humid that the inhaled air.

Respiration is crucial to weight loss. Fat in the body is generally metabolised into water and carbon dioxide. You lose most of your weight through shedding water and carbon dioxide through breathing (CO2 + H2O), perspiration (H2O) and urination (H2O). This is part of the reason weight loss is easier when combined with activity.

I could write a lot more, but too late at night now. :)

@craigo3154 Thanks for your comments. I love reading about the science side of life.

• callaferguson
    callaferguson Posts: 57 Member
    Exercise: yes
    Logged food/drinks: no
    =< Calories: no
  • epangili
    epangili Posts: 818 Member
    Pass