Fitbit doesn’t sync correctly

tiffeh345
tiffeh345 Posts: 43 Member
I have issues with my Versa 2 not syncing with the MFP app. I have to manually take the Fitbit off my account and readd it every day and even then I have to do that several times for it to even register correctly. Sometimes it still won’t and I just give up. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Replies

• heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Just to confirm because there are 2 possible ways of adding Fitbit.

You could in MFP app settings merely select Fitbit as your step source.
    MFP will ask for steps from the device directly.

And then there is going in through the MFP App section and selecting MFP, being sent to their site, confirm sync, and the Step Source should be automatically set to Fitbit.
    Though in this case it means talking to the synced account, not directly to the device.

What are you looking at exactly to determine it's not synced?
    Are meal totals showing up in Fitbit app?
    Are step counts showing up in MFP for display?
    Looking at something else?
  • heybales
    Good to know JB! Hey there too. I don't always catch your workouts now unless I review the wall late - good to see ya still enjoying the bike. I used the Fitbit Zip up until the end, use 'em while they work.
  • AriAriela
    AriAriela Posts: 1 Member
    My fitbit isn't getting the data of total kcals consumed and the steps have stopped syncing around 4pm. I've tried to disconnect and re-linking the apps from one another but nothing seems to work.
  • sassymc86
    sassymc86 Posts: 91 Member
    hey! I am new to Fitbit and I got my charge 3 on the 23rd, I have connected, unconnected turn on and off etc since and it has never calorie adjusted/tracked exercise on my diary however does tell me how many calories consumed/water consumption on the watch face :/ I stumbled across my mfp progress and sure enough, steps are there it's just not syncing where I want to so I can see exercise/burn etc. any help would be grateful x
  • heybales
    If there is a system issue and it appears there is - huge request from MFP is to STOP disconnecting and resyncing.

It may, MAY, work once - but it for sure adds more transactions, and leaves many hanging - that must now be dealt with beyond the ones it got behind with.

It's not your connection or sync settings - it's system wide.

You do nothing - unless you want to make it worse and drag out even longer.
  • orracle69
    orracle69 Posts: 3 Member
    I have an Ionic and normally it syncs steps and workouts just fine with MFP but I've gone two days now without it working. I know all the steps to take but nothing has helped.
  • heybales
    orracle69 wrote: »
    I have an Ionic and normally it syncs steps and workouts just fine with MFP but I've gone two days now without it working. I know all the steps to take but nothing has helped.

read reply right above yours.

And FYI in case you didn't know - it's not syncing workouts over - Fitbit doesn't do that. MFP creates an adjustment based on if Fitbit says you did more than was expected.
    That's daily activity or workouts - whatever increased your daily burn above MFP estimate with no exercise.
  • DivaStephie
    DivaStephie Posts: 1 Member
    I am having the same problem as the OP. I have to disconnect and reconnect Fitbit in my apps daily in order to get my step total to register in MFP. But it only brings in my step count at that time. If I wanted it to be accurate for the day, I would have to disconnect and reconnect right before bed every day.
  • heybales
    I am having the same problem as the OP. I have to disconnect and reconnect Fitbit in my apps daily in order to get my step total to register in MFP. But it only brings in my step count at that time. If I wanted it to be accurate for the day, I would have to disconnect and reconnect right before bed every day.

There is an issue. They recommend stop doing what you are doing because it just causes delayed syncing info to have to be discarded finally because you've created a new sync link.
    It doesn't help the situation overall except for just your step count.

Look at your device daily calorie burn.

Eat 500 less than that.

Done.
  • catweimer
    catweimer Posts: 12 Member
    Seriously, it would be great if just for one day - ONE. DAY. - the sync would work as promoted.
  • Angierae75
    Angierae75 Posts: 417 Member
    Yup. Mine hasn't updated since yesterday afternoon. It's missing thousands of steps. Hopefully it catches up, and I am just going to have to estimate how many calories I have for a bit.
  • eldubuu
    eldubuu Posts: 2 Member
    Fitbit Ionic stopped syncing with MFP yesterday afternoon ~4:00pm PDST:
    • Meals/calories not syncing from MFP to Fitbit.
    • Calorie adjustment not syncing from Fitbit to MFP (my exercise not showing up as calorie adjustment).
  • zonker54
    zonker54 Posts: 3 Member
    Synced with Fitbit perfectly on the 24th. Stopped syncing food & exercise on the 25th.
  • dumdumdipa
    dumdumdipa Posts: 1 Member
    Same problem . Syncing with Fitbit is not working even after doing the steps needed to sort out the issue.
  • MrAstro
    MrAstro Posts: 24 Member
    Yep stopped working yesterday. Updated itself overnight but doesn't work again today.
  • babyluthi
    babyluthi Posts: 284 Member
    Same. No syncing between the two sites.

Is it a fitbit or a MFP problem?
  • Mrsjhw
    Mrsjhw Posts: 6 Member
    No idea, but mine hasn't worked since May.....Official advice seems to be don't force it to sync but how many months is it going to be?
  • cnorm04
    cnorm04 Posts: 1 Member
    Yup it's not working was trying to fix it last night