Looking to connect with other plant-based vegan

Options
Pennylite
Pennylite Posts: 66 Member
I’m Penny from the UK & I’m looking to connect with other plant-based vegans for mutual support. I very much enjoy plant-based food & sharing recipes. And feel great when I’ve exercised though really have to push myself to be active. If you can relate, please add me as a friend so we can encourage each other

Replies

• RhythmGypsi
    RhythmGypsi Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Hi there Penny!

My name is Jen :) Although I'm not yet great at cooking, I also eat a plant-based diet.

I'll send you a friend invite, and see how we can encourage each other! :)
  • Pennylite
    Options
    Hi Jen
    Nice to connect with you! Do you have any cookbooks you can recommend that are plant based & help with weight loss? I can recommend Chef AJ’s book The Secrets To Ultimate Weight Loss. I also watch her demonstrating on YouTube sometimes
    Best wishes
    Penny
  • Givemewings
    Givemewings Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Hi there Penny and Jen. I'm a plant based eater too looking to connect with others with a similar diet. I have messaged you both.
  • FloatR
    FloatR Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hey fellow veggies! I’m also 100% plant based. Can’t say vegan since it still have several leather items, but I try to shop vegan as much as possible. I cook all the time and like to try new recipes. I don’t have much weight to lose but you can friend me if you’d like. My diary is open and I post pictures too.
  • werewolvesinspace
    werewolvesinspace Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi Penny, have you ever heard of Julien Solomita? He has some vegan (and gluten free) recipes on his YouTube channel that I find entertaining, and I’ve made a few of them myself.

I’ll send you an add too :)
  • Pennylite
    Options
    Thanks! I haven’t come across Julien Solomita & will have a look. Thanks for the add. It’s good to share the journey 😀
  • Pennylite
    Options
    It’s great to connect with like-minded others! Am enjoying lockdown time to focus on self-transformation. What’s everyone else doing?
  • cardiaclearner
    cardiaclearner Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    I would like to to connect to other plant based eaters too.
    Have been a whole food plant based eater for almost a year & loving it.
    Feel free to add me . 😀
    Happy to exchange tips or recipes.
  • ButICouldNeverBeRaw
    ButICouldNeverBeRaw Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I am WFPB and would like to connect with others for motivation and support.
  • Kita328
    Kita328 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, I am Vegan for 3 ish years and I am looking for someone in the same situation. Back in 2014 I lost a bunch of weight, but I was not vegan... I have gained some back and I now need to figure out how to do this as a vegan.

I have a hard time working out- because I hate it. They say do things you like, but I don't like things that burn a lot of calories. I like hiking and adventuring with my dog. Kayaking is fun, but I can only do that so often as it gets expensive.

Anyway- feel free to add me... I am going to get to this weight loss thing this time!
  • mimeroni
    mimeroni Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    hi! i'm relatively new to MFP tho i used to use it all the time, and getting back on the wfpb lifestyle after slipping a bit during the shelter in place. I just started cooking more at home and would love to stay connected with people on the same journey! is there a group for plant based vegans here?
    thanks!!
  • Kita328
    Kita328 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    mimeroni wrote: »
    hi! i'm relatively new to MFP tho i used to use it all the time, and getting back on the wfpb lifestyle after slipping a bit during the shelter in place. I just started cooking more at home and would love to stay connected with people on the same journey! is there a group for plant based vegans here?
    thanks!!

Unfortunately, I have not found an active WFPB or Vegan group. I am did send you a friend request, but I am not quite WFPB - I would like to... I just have a hard time keeping vegan junk food out of my life.
  • mimeroni
    mimeroni Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Kita328 wrote: »
    mimeroni wrote: »
    thanks!!

Unfortunately, I have not found an active WFPB or Vegan group. I am did send you a friend request, but I am not quite WFPB - I would like to... I just have a hard time keeping vegan junk food out of my life.

I'm partially WFPB, it's always a spectrum for me =) trying to do my best to not eat crappy food but I do love a cocktail! Thanks for the friend request!

how long have you been doing this type of diet?