Surprised no one else has done this before!

Options
tgbank
tgbank Posts: 1 Member
I turn 47 this year and wow is my metabolism slowing down. Trying to get rid of 10 or so pounds and build muscle, which previously I was able to do ... but everything seems way harder all of a sudden. What are you dealing with?

Replies

• kgebow
    kgebow Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi there....I'm the same age and battling the same as you! I actually ended up losing 22 pounds last summer and have gained back all but 7 pounds of it! I started exercising less and not eating as healthy. It packs back on QUICK! I am now back "on the wagon" to see if I can lose it, once again. I'm starting to really feel the symptoms of periomenopause and part of me just wants to give up, but I'm also really insecure about the weight and gaining it back! Hope that this group can provide some support since we may all experience similar symptoms and struggles!
  • topofmountains
    topofmountains Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    glad to find this group!
  • adzovi2009
    adzovi2009 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies! I'm also 47 but only for a few more days. My weight has always fluctuated but the last 2 years it hasn't budge except for a 10 pound rapid weight loss because of a painful breakup. Unfortunately I put it all back on over the holidays.

I don't sleep much and wake up as early as 3 AM on most days. I've tried just about everything to sleep more but my mom had the same issue and I'm learning to live with the fatigue. I usually exercise (strength training and low intensity cardio) for 1-1.5 hours a day. So exercise isn't the issue. It's the food. My other symptom is that I get what feels like PMS twice a month. During this time I'm extra lethargic and crave crave crave sugar. I would say I binge eat during this time. And now that it happens twice a month I negate all the progress I make in between.

I just started a 10 day menopausal food plan. It includes eating a lot of foods that causing bloating and mess with hormones. Today is day 2 so I can't say much about the weight loss yet but I'm definitely less "gassy".

I'd love to be a part of this support group