Back Again & Looking for Friends

Options
After a very very long break/exhausting year or so, I'm back. A lot has happened, but mainly to sum it up: I adopted a transgender teenager.

With that in mind, I have lost like...12 lbs? In the year...somehow? I think I did weight watchers at one point, or went to the gym, but it wasn't frequent enough to justify remembering.

Anyways. I'm on day two of this thing again. I'm down 25 lbs from my highest, and I would like to be down more. I've walked the last two days instead of sleeping in, which...honestly is unheard of. I really like sleep.

Would love some friends for motivation and support, especially in this really difficult time of the world and part of my life.

Some things about me: 32, married, mom of 1, pet mom of 2 (technically 3, but one cat is the kid's), nerd, Dungeons & Dragons lover, crafter, video gamer, and professional napper. Also super sarcastic sometimes, you've been warned.

Replies

• MrsSloffee
    MrsSloffee Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hello fellow nerd! :)

I've never done D&D, but I'm a beginner video gamer, if you include Animal Crossing. But I also play some other games as well.

• OnlyDragonQueen
    OnlyDragonQueen Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    D&D is my favorite thing ever. I do enjoy animal crossing as well though. Always a fun relaxing game. Havent played in a few weeks. My villagers will probably yell at me.
  • howie6267
    howie6267 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Hello, I just joined this group too. Tried some of the roll playing games but they just are not my thing. I love to geek out on technology though. My fun time is model railroading. It is so important to have friendships of people doing the same thing. I reached my goal in 2005 and I could not have done it with out a support group. Sad part is I did not stick with it and gained most back. The good part is I know I can do it. So here I am again. lol
  • OnlyDragonQueen
    OnlyDragonQueen Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Terrain building is kind of similar to models. I love terrain building, though I don't do it nearly as much as I should. Great job getting back on track :)
  • ButtercuptaterOG
    ButtercuptaterOG Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone I would love some friends for this journey we are all on. I have started this process so many times but I've never felt this determined to get healthy.
    My heaviest weight was around 285lbs. I recently weighed and I'm down to 267lbs! I haven't really cut out stuff just trying to eat healthier. My ultimate goal is 150 lbs or 160 that's when I felt the best.
    A bit about me, I'm married, no kids but I have 2 fur babies lol I'm a huge nerd lol my biggest Fandom is harry potter. I also love to read and I use to play D&D but haven't had a chance in a while. I wanna get a gaming system at some point so I can play some games again. I really enjoyed Elder Scrolls, Minecraft, Assassins Creed and many others.Ty

• dmhaag
    dmhaag Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I would love to join in the accountability adventuring party! My husband and I play D&D every week with a local group. I'm also a huge Harry Potter and LOTR nerd.
    I currently weigh 337 and am looking to just get below 200 at this point. I have gone from 320 to 250 about 7 years ago, but of course life happened and I gained it all back and then some. I am hoping the difference this time is that my husband is actually on board this time and I don't have to cook 2 sets of meals.