Replies

• Hulya_79
    Hulya_79 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    July 9

Exercise: Yes, 60 mins walk
    Calories: Yes
    Tracked: Yes

Thanks to Jessica, administrator of @RangerRickL's firm and @BMcC9 !
  • Hulya_79
    Hulya_79 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Dory_42 wrote: »
    Morning run went well except that I went a different way to normal and forgot I need to turn at a certain place to get 5km so it was shorter than planned.
    Work was busy and my arms are covered in cuts from penguin beaks but it's good to see how many of the birds I can identify while feeding! Energy levels crashed halfway through the day so the second half was tough (especially trying to scrub penguin fluff and faeces off astroturf). Then we had to coach zoom Jiu Jitsu so I gave in and bought snacks for supper. It's all logged and with exercise calories (I got a lot thanks to a busy day) they fit under budget.
    10 days for my penguin bites to heal before Im back to work.

I like reading your posts about your schedule at the job. Pengiuns are fun but I hope their bites don't hurt too much and I wish you quick healing.
  • SuziQ113
    SuziQ113 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Yes times three.
  • fairy_daisy
    fairy_daisy Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I’m taking a a pass day (first of the month). Had a super active day (two big cycle rides) so I’m sure my net calorie intake was fine, but there was a fair bit of rough estimating along the way, so can’t really be sure.
  • heffalump2014
    heffalump2014 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Exercise : Yes yoga for 40 mins
    Calories: Yes
    Tracking : Yes
  • Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    Options
    Hulya_79 wrote: »
    I like reading your posts about your schedule at the job. Pengiuns are fun but I hope their bites don't hurt too much and I wish you quick healing.

Glad I can entertain you with my stories. Penguin bites are mostly just grazes which are only painful the first day until they scab up. The challenge is that the penguins always target the same place so you keep getting the same scratch opened up during your shift which is what really gets sore. So mine are all fine this morning and will heal nicely before next shift! The birds are cute though, especially our little fluffy chicks.
  • windowqueen2003
    windowqueen2003 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Dory_42 wrote: »
    Hulya_79 wrote: »

Glad I can entertain you with my stories. Penguin bites are mostly just grazes which are only painful the first day until they scab up. The challenge is that the penguins always target the same place so you keep getting the same scratch opened up during your shift which is what really gets sore. So mine are all fine this morning and will heal nicely before next shift! The birds are cute though, especially our little fluffy chicks.

@Dory_42 The penguin display was my favorite part of our trip to the St Louis Zoo. They are such characters. They love to play and frolic. They put on quiet a show.
    I too like hearing your stories and your comments!😉
  • 1scubapin
    1scubapin Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    YYY
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    Logged and Under? Yes.

Exercise? Yes. a 30 minute yoga stretching video. I needed to do something like this for another challenge, so I decided to take a rest day from walking and stretch instead. The only thing, I wasn't as active the rest of the day as I had planned to be, and my calorie intake is based on how many steps I get. When I noticed this in the evening, I started walking around my house to up my step count. I needed to have as many calories banked as possible in case my husband decided to take the new car he was bringing home for a spin and get ice cream or something. That didn't happen as it was after 8:30 when he got home, and he still had to have his buddy take him back to work to pick up his truck. So, I was good on calories, and I even took a few more trips around the house to get to the 10,000 step mark seeing as I was so close anyways!!
  • Anya_000
    Anya_000 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Yes x 3
    Bumped up my running a little bit. Dang that makes you hungry. Just under the wire on calories.
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    Godsmonty wrote: »
    No
    No
    Yes

@Godsmonty ONLY if you are willing (no pressure at all!) would you consider naming ONE recurring thing (trigger food or trigger situation or 'this life factor I cannot currently change and have to work around') thar regulary contributes to one of your No's on the "What's Going On" sub-thread, so that we can offer specific support and maybe alternates you could try or adapt?

We have such an extensive collective pool of knowledge and experience at allll stages of the Journey to Sustainable Habits - and such widely differing life-style / life-stage / environmental factors that SOMEBODY might have a close-enough parallel to that one factor that could help you identify your own best-for-your-reality approach.

No pressure - don't share if you feel you would rather not.

(same " would you consider naming ONE recurring personal block" invitation to all )
  • Chinkiri
    Chinkiri Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    @BMcC9 You are a star! This page has about 90 members but fewer than 60 are posting right now. It is encouraging to see new members' posts, but evidently they are finding it difficult - even us 'regulars' (like me) are having trouble. Asking everyone to encourage struggling new members!
  • mariatn2003
    mariatn2003 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    20 minutes exercise? Yes, 35 minutes gardening/housework, 35 minutes dance/aerobics
    Within calorie budget? Yes
    Logged all food and drink? Yes
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,013 Member
    Options
    July 9
    Yes X 3
    💚
  • heffalump2014
    heffalump2014 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Chinkiri wrote: »
    @heffalump2014 I have a permanently destroyed knee after a car crash 20 years ago. The other one is not much better. I regularly suffer with knee pain. I can usually do gentle walks though. Swimming is great. I have a Rosemary Conley exercise tape with sitting down aerobics for the worst days. My mantra is 'Use it or loose it!'. I think if I had given up on this knee, I would have been in a wheelchair years ago, like the doctors predicted. I need to lose another 10 kilos, because my knee doesn't like to carry the weight! I have found exercise classes that don't put too much strain onto my knee. Use this forum: people are very helpful!

So sorry to hear about your accident and it’s amazing that you kept going ! Thanks for the support as well !

• Chinkiri
    Chinkiri Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    @heffalump2014 I hope you can keep going too!
  • amandaross887
    amandaross887 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Pass day for Thursday the 9th July for me
  • 1scubapin
    1scubapin Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    July 9 YYY

July 10 YYY

July 11 YYY