July 11 Sign In

Options
13»

Replies

• heffalump2014
    heffalump2014 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    BMcC9 wrote: »
    A flash from the past (2013 to be precise)

Not quite your usual Saturday afternoon at the mall in Amsterdam ...
    What fun ! Very inventive way of advertising I must say . Saw the Night Watch again last year on a trip To Amsterdam. They were digitising it so it was surrounded by cameras but still an astounding piece of work !
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    BMcC9 wrote: »
    A flash from the past (2013 to be precise)

Not quite your usual Saturday afternoon at the mall in Amsterdam ...
    What fun ! Very inventive way of advertising I must say . Saw the Night Watch again last year on a trip To Amsterdam. They were digitizing it so it was surrounded by cameras but still an astounding piece of work !

The next Youtube entry after that one was "how they made it" (behind the scenes stunt-rehearsal, costumes, lining the horses up etc etc (in Dutch(?) with subtitles)
  • BMcC9
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes - 15 minute exergame walking and 30 minute "Standing Pilates for Seniors" (too muggy /on-again-off-again rain all day for outside evening walk)
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes

Days goals met: 11
    Pass days used: 0

I think I feel more drawn to Pilates than yoga and I found a 10-minutes Morning Pilates Balance video by the same lady. I will try starting my work-day with this each morning for a week and see how it goes.
  • amandaross887
    amandaross887 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    July 11
    Exercised?: Yes - 30 minute walk
    Calories?: Yes. 1,399
    Tracked?: Yes.
  • Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    Options
    @BMcC9 Yeah, the Pilates vs yoga debate seems to be a personal one to me. I know some people argue about the differences but I think you should do the one you are most comfortable with. After all, you will do it more often if you prefer it.
  • Hulya_79
    Hulya_79 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    June 11

Exercise: Yes, 65 mins walk
    Calories: Yes
    Tracked: Yes
  • BMcC9
    Options
    Dory_42 wrote: »
    @BMcC9 Yeah, the Pilates vs yoga debate seems to be a personal one to me. I know some people argue about the differences but I think you should do the one you are most comfortable with. After all, you will do it more often if you prefer it.

Maybe it's because Pilates originated as almost "preventative physio therapy" for professional dancers - about mind-body awareness of proper alignment and bio mechanics and self-awareness as you move. Yoga I can see as perhaps something for later, for the flexibility alongside mental mindfulness.

As you say, the the one perfect type of exercise in the world is the one you keep doing!
  • WMEJA
    WMEJA Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    Daily Post Friday 7/10, Saturday 7/11,Sunday 7/12
    Track - Yes but not well 3x
    Calories - No over 3x
    Exercise - No 3x

I just lost my Aunt who I was very close to so, I have not been able to stay on track and it shows with my weight gain
  • Anya_000
    Anya_000 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    yes x 3
  • manoelabrito7
    manoelabrito7 Posts: 15 Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? No
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? No
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? No

Pass days used: 4:neutral:I'm out of the challenge.. today was a tough day, didn't have the energy to exercise in the morning, then my roommates started drinking and made a ton of sushi (my favorite food), and I basically gave up. But I will continue with this month's challenge to help building the habit and maybe stay in the winners circle next month
  • readyornot1234
    readyornot1234 Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    @manoelabrito7 - it’s great you are staying in. I’ve been doing this since January and have never made it to the winners circle. I am getting closer though. My 5-6 pass days a month are way better than my (what would have been) 20+ pass days per month. Onward and upward.
  • Lilutz
    Lilutz Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    yes x 3. exercise was 30 minute walk