eno5315 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    yes X3
    pass days left-0
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,398 Member
    Options
    @Anya_000

3500 cumulative calorie deficit for a true pound shed - (as opposed to up&down due to one high sodium meal or had a "under total calories day, but heavy late meal moving through the digestive tract" or high humidex weather causing water retention type false daily fluctuations that tend to even themselves out if you just stick with the program.)

divide by 7 for ~1 pound per week is 500 cals per day (sorry!)

if your TDEE is ~1490 ... assuming you took activity level into account properly ....

for 1/2 pound per week, only 250 cal deficit needed; or 1240 intake per day
    for 1/4 pound per week, only 175 cal deficit needed; or 1315 intake per day

(or split the difference, and for 1/3 pound per week, ~ 1280 intake per day .... )

level of fullness you feel for the same number of calories / how long you keep feeling full is gonna be what makes the difference at this point so close to goal.

Starting the day with protein DOES keep me feeling full longer - as I am not often feeling hungry yet at ~8:30 am (and working from home) I have 2% greek yogurt with berries and coffee - often eggs&cheese for a late ~1:00 lunch (and sooo busy that I don't notice the time or get hungry in between)

Time to start thinking "this is pretty much how I intend to KEEP eating in order to maintain ..."

• ForLangston
    ForLangston Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    The weekend was a pass for me. But enjoyed some knee exercises and full body stretches. Back at it today and yes x 3.
    Happy, happy birthday 🥳 to all who have celebrations this month! Also, sending positive vibes n encouragement to each of us as we navigate our lives n its various stressors🌈
  • snowshoe072
    snowshoe072 Posts: 4,591 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the birthday wishes I spent the day with my adult children and spouse we had a wonderful day spent it in the pool with good eats so needless to say a pass day I think it was my last one at that but that’s ok it only comes once a year !
  • cjane917
    cjane917 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Yes x3

Walk and exercises. Not super hungry today.
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    Logged and Under? Yes.

Exercise? Yes, a 55 minute walk. I don't think I had walked in a week....I had a couple of days in there where I did some exercises videos instead, and probably three where I didn't exercise at all!! It felt GREAT to go for a walk again!!

I am all out of Pass Days...but I need to get serious again because the scales are not moving!! My primary goal is weight loss, and for me, walking is what is going to allow me to not feel deprived when I eat at a deficit. (More calories to work with!)
  • Hollis100
    Hollis100 Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    @katiecan2019 Thanks for the photos of London. So deserted.

@Dory_42 and @snowshoe072 Happy birthday UACers!

• Hollis100
    Hollis100 Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? yes, yardwork for about 30 minutes this morning. It quickly went up to 98 F or 36.7 C so I spent almost all day inside
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? no, 94 calories over
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? yes

Pass Days: too many/3
  • corriepelc
    corriepelc Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options
    Yes to all 3
  • Lilutz
    Lilutz Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    yes x 3. 20 minute walk, 5 minute run
  • 1scubapin
    1scubapin Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    July 18
    YYY
    July 19
    YYY
    July20
    YYY
  • RangerRickL
    RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
    Options
    Today, I drove 3 hours to handle the legal representation for two farm sales. My daughter and law partner is the client's primary attorney, but for the first time in 4 months, I got on my business casual wear and a blue blazer and went to work.
    It was a 3 yes day. Got my exercise in early and stayed on target with tracking and calories (barely)
  • alligatorob
    alligatorob Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    Yes, yes, and yes, a good day!
  • molly3210
    molly3210 Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    Yes x 3 for Monday
    Two dog walks, and a boot camp. I'm usually behaved on Mondays :)
  • JTreasures
    JTreasures Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    Yes x 3
  • fatbambi2017
    fatbambi2017 Posts: 1,295 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday @snowshoe072 🎉🍰💐
    Exercise yes 10 min quigong, 30 min strength training, 45min walk, 20 min gardening
    Tracking yes calories yes
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,022 Member
    Options
    Jana_2020 wrote: »
    Happy Birthday @snowshoe072.

Well today was almost a pass day but I was determined not to let it be. I was snacking a lot today but still doing okay, I had banked some calories for dinner. Then I caved in to 2 peanut butter cookies. For a fleeting moment, I almost threw in the towel and gave in to the snack cravings. In the past this would have led to the rest of the day binging out of control. Well not today, I didn't want to use my last pass day. So I made myself do another round of climbing stairs (it took me an hour) and then finish up in the pool. I've been relaxing for an hour now and my face is still red... but I can say:

Yes, yes & yes :'(

(And no cookies tomorrow.... I'm not going through this again!)

@Jana_2020 Great job! I remember doing that! It’s what taught me you can’t outrun too many calories.

Prelogging can help too! IE
    “I really want some cookies.”
    “Ok, go weigh them & track them.” OR “Why do you want the cookies?”
    Sometimes, I go ahead & eat them, but often as I do the tracking I notice my protein is low or I’m thirsty or I realize I won’t be able to eat a satisfying dinner if I eat these Now when I’m not Even truly hungry... I think I’ll have a cheese stick/Apple/etc instead - or a big gkk loAss of water — by choice!”
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,022 Member
    Options
    Yes x 3
    💚
    All good. It’s been cooler hear the past 2-3 days. Wt is down & appetite is back to normal. I do wonder if the 88-95 degree heat makes me retain more water - this making me weigh a little more. It hAppened at the same time as last year. Glad for the cooler respite.
  • Godsmonty
    Godsmonty Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    No
    No
    Yes