howdy!

Options
BuffyBourbon
BuffyBourbon Posts: 126 Member
edited June 2020 in Social Groups
I'm back, yet again, 3rd time is the charm right? I have quite a bit to lose but all the time in the world to do it in. I've been back on the wagon 2 weeks now and plan to stay the distance this time!

Replies

• BuffyBourbon
    Options
    okay, 3 weeks in, 3.7# down! So far so good! Anyone else back at it after a break? Im just starting to get to woek my horse again now, after building a new house, a rough winter and a spring so rainy I couldn't ride at all! I've lunged horse 3x so far just to get him used to the idea again, and if this heatwave breaks I'll ride this week!
  • Mouse_Potato
    Mouse_Potato Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! I've been on MFP all along, but my horse has been getting lots of breaks. I rode her yesterday and I don't know if she's a in season or if it was the heat or if she's got a new pain, but she was NOT having it! I'm giving her today off, but I plan to ride again tomorrow and if she's still being a turd I guess I'm calling the vet again.
  • BuffyBourbon
    Options
    Good to see you! I rode today!! Hope to ride tomorrow too, and keep at this recording thing, its amazing how easy it is to lose if I just log!!
  • Mouse_Potato
    Options
    Well, my girl is having an ulcer flare-up, so it's two weeks of Ulcerguard paste and workouts are limited to walks. :disappointed:
  • BuffyBourbon
    Options
    oh no! ulcers are the worst. My new horse is ulcer prone but fortunately only really related to travel, general working stress doesn't seem to bother him much. Ulcergard is so expensive!
  • Mouse_Potato
    Options
    Unfortunately, my horse is a bit of a hothouse orchid. Who knew that an Arabian mare named "Princess" would be high maintenance? :lol:
  • BuffyBourbon
    Options
    No, no i don't see any way you could have predicted that. It's just way out of left field!
  • showjumper
    showjumper Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    @Mouse_Potato Is she chestnut too? lol
  • Mouse_Potato
    Options
    LOL!! No, she's a bay, but maybe she dyes her mane and tail...? :lol:

She is actually very sweet and cuddly. She's just high maintenance. Otoh, we are close in equivalent age, so I can relate. She needs injections in her hocks? Well, I need them in my shoulders, so fair enough! She's got a high-low foot condition? Well, I've got a Greek foot a with high arches and all the accompanying pain, so I can relate to that, too!