What are you working on now?

Options
CoachFrenchie
CoachFrenchie Posts: 135 Member
Well good morning! What are you working on right now with your dog? Training wise? Or anything they master and you want to share?? Shadow is learning to be quiet...and so far not much success! But she walks ok on the leash..

Replies

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,055 Member
    Options
    I took my 2 to Petco to get them trained as puppies so I just go through everything they learned back then and do it daily
  • Ccricfo
    Ccricfo Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I'm working with Darwin on his leash behavior.....and I' m also trying to train him to rollover.
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    I'm working with Daisy on retrieving. Sometimes she wants to play "Chase me" instead of delivering the dummy to hand. You can't have a retriever who won't retrieve every time. HAHA! :D
  • bamamom02
    bamamom02 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Bassets resist training...lol. Nothing new these days from our old boy. But he does great on the leash for his walks.
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,258 Member
    Options
    Teaching my standard to walk nicely on the lead without his halti on and not pull me over.
  • saltysparkle
    saltysparkle Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    We are about to start working with our beagle on settling (sitting or lying down) during car rides, because we really want to be able to take her to the beach, or take her to hiking trails. As it is, she tries to stand the whole time, and can't keep her footing or balance. Usually I just crate her, for her own safety. But I'd love for her to be able to ride safely without the crate.
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    Glad to report some progress with retrieves with Daisy. More good retrieves and very few chases. She seems to be grasping the concept that she will get more interaction if she returns the dummy to hand.
  • CoachFrenchie
    CoachFrenchie Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    @alteredsteve175 ....a tough one to grasp! To resist temptation and give the toy back is a tough one....Bravo Daisy!!!