Looking for WFPB Buddies

Options
Hi folks. I just joined the group. We have been dabbling with WFPB lifestyle for several years. I have about 2 weeks of recipes that the whole family will eat. We are getting serious and making it stick this time. Hubby is having some health issues.
Fear is a great motivator. Lol. However, to stay on track we really need some support.

We truly believe it's the best for our health and for the planet to eat this way.

Looking to compare notes with others who are on the same journey.

Someone who is active on MFP.

Please add me and we will take this journey together.

Replies

• sfinsc
    sfinsc Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Hi, and welcome! I've been WFPB since summer of this year (2019), and I'm loving it so far! Like your husband, I also decided to go whole hog (pun intended :)) due to a range of health issues. None of them were very serious, but they were troublesome enough that I wasn't enjoying my life as much as I knew I could if I were healthier. I also wanted to lose weight, which I've done (30 lbs)!

I have an open diary that I share with friends, so you can see the kinds of things I eat on a day-to-day basis. I'll add you! I know you can definitely do it. Do you have any cookbooks? I notice you said you have about two weeks' worth of recipes. I've found that the more recipes and variety I have, the more fun I have in the kitchen and at mealtimes!

Two cookbooks I highly recommend are: The Engine 2 Cookbook and the Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease Cookbook (yummy recipes even for those who don't have heart disease; I speak from experience!). The recipes are simple and absolutely delicious. They've been a hit with my whole family!

I hope that was helpful! If you have any questions, let me know. :) Also, this group is fairly quiet, but the Team Vegan group is a lot healthier and there are a few WFPB people there as well.
  • sfinsc
    sfinsc Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Oops, I meant the Team Vegan group is a lot more active, not healthier!
  • Lelah77
    Lelah77 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I am quite active on MFP - been logging regularly for almost 3 years. Currently approaching a full year streak! I am new to WFPB - only two months, but agree with sfinsc that having cook books and other resources are super helpful. I have definitely found my go-tos and easy peasy stuff, and am still experimenting, researching, and discovering.
    I have lost 10 lb in two months without even trying and I feel 5 years younger. It is amazing.
    Feel free to send a request along if you need some friends.
  • racemuis79
    racemuis79 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    slowly but surely making the transition to a wfpb lifestyle and thereby lost 3.8 kilos in the first month. Been away from MFP for a while but definitely looking for like minded people to motivate and inspire each other
  • carlaringuette
    carlaringuette Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Great send me a friend request.
  • MusicLoverZae
    MusicLoverZae Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon all. I am Zae. Insane music lover, love roller skating (old school 4 wheel). I'm soon to be 51 and just under #200 at 5'6".

I've known that WFPB is the best diet scientifically, for me spiritually & ecologically, for some time but have had a hard time putting my money where my mouth is. It's time to get committed. I've made myself a 30 day commitment to three things. First focus is what I need to add to my plate - 3 c veggies, 1 c fruit, fiber and plant based protein (likely beans, soy or my Arbonne shakes). Second focus is moving, committing to 7,000 steps (my rebounder (mini-trampoline) counts as steps and I love watching Netfilx/Prime while exercising out of the Arizona DRY heat!) and third is what I absolutely need to commit to NOT eating: Meat, Dairy, Eggs, Processed foods and limiting oils.

I'm also creating some affirmations on the Audicity app to attempt to create my own subliminal for work and sleep. I believe our thoughts through this process are very important to long term success.

I'd love some friends and support on this journey. Feel free to friend request me.

Cheers my friends. :)
  • herblovinmom
    herblovinmom Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon all. I am Zae. Insane music lover, love roller skating (old school 4 wheel). I'm soon to be 51 and just under #200 at 5'6".

I've known that WFPB is the best diet scientifically, for me spiritually & ecologically, for some time but have had a hard time putting my money where my mouth is. It's time to get committed. I've made myself a 30 day commitment to three things. First focus is what I need to add to my plate - 3 c veggies, 1 c fruit, fiber and plant based protein (likely beans, soy or my Arbonne shakes). Second focus is moving, committing to 7,000 steps (my rebounder (mini-trampoline) counts as steps and I love watching Netfilx/Prime while exercising out of the Arizona DRY heat!) and third is what I absolutely need to commit to NOT eating: Meat, Dairy, Eggs, Processed foods and limiting oils.

I'm also creating some affirmations on the Audicity app to attempt to create my own subliminal for work and sleep. I believe our thoughts through this process are very important to long term success.

I'd love some friends and support on this journey. Feel free to friend request me.

Cheers my friends. :)

I’m gonna send you a friend request 🤗 I just recently have found an interest, once again, to eat more plants from the Earth and less animal products. This group is kinda quiet. I currently still eat some animal products, I havnt commited to the lifestyle, I’m more just listening to my body, and my spirit. 👍 I too live in the dry AZ heat! 😉 small world after all..

• KateSharma
    KateSharma Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi

I've been WFPB for just over a year and am loving it - never had more energy, skin clearer and 15 lbs melted away (just need for the other 20 lbs to disappear too....would help if I stopped eating 10 oz of nuts a day!), but I'm preaching to the already converted on the benefits of WFPB way of eating.

For recipes, there is an amazing website called Clean Food Dirty Girl which I subscribe to, it is a bit costly (think about $20 per month), but as I said the recipes are fantastic and a new set of recipes is launched every Friday. My husband has since gone WFPB and my kids who were previously the fussiest eaters in the galaxy now also eat this. Such a joy to not have to cook up to 4 separate meals at a go! The Clean Food Dirty Girl recipes are a bit complex in the list of ingredients and it is a bit like witch cooking (an eye of a new, toe of toad etc), but they taste so good!

The Cuban Jackfruit Rope Vieja with Coconut Rice, Sofrito-spiced Puerto Rican Rice and Beans Platter and Dal Makhani are a few of my facourites along with Warm Winter Solstice Sweet Potato Salad - there are also a plethora of sauces too from Sweet Mustard Sauce, to cheese sauces (with and without nuts) and a very good mayo.

If however you don't want to pay a subscription, another couple of websites are the Minimalist Baker, which has a fantastic WFPB sausage breakfast patty, made from lentils and oats and also Monkey and Me is very good too.

Hope this helps to those stuck in a recipe rut.

Keep at it, your heart and overall health will thank you for it!

Cheers
    Kate
  • manjirinaik
    manjirinaik Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi I just started WFPB a month back but I’m very excited because I’m already feeling better on this diet. I tried various low carb diets and have never felt as energetic as on WFPB. Looking forward to making friends on this weight loss journey.
  • MichelleBennet
    MichelleBennet Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hello I've been mostly WFPB since the beginning of last March(quarantine). I started with baby steps and am 90% now. The oil free part was hard in the beginning but now I prefer my food not oily. I find tracking my food here difficult sometimes, I don't always feel like typing out each item and I noticed that recipes don't translate well here. Any tips or tricks would be greatly appreciated 🙂
  • carlaringuette
    carlaringuette Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Hello I've been mostly WFPB since the beginning of last March(quarantine). I started with baby steps and am 90% now. The oil free part was hard in the beginning but now I prefer my food not oily. I find tracking my food here difficult sometimes, I don't always feel like typing out each item and I noticed that recipes don't translate well here. Any tips or tricks would be greatly appreciated 🙂

Feel free to friend me and we can compare notes. I am way off. Baby stepping back to the veggies.