inositol

Options
alubi02
alubi02 Posts: 2 Member
Hello! I have suffered with PCOS and hypothyroidism for 10 years. I have been TTC for 4 years. Anyone have any thoughts on the supplement inositol. Pros or cons? Brands?

Replies

• chippy83
    chippy83 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Tonight I received my first box of Ovasitol to start taking, which is a powdered inositol supplement that provides 2000 mg of myo-inositol and 50 mg of D-chiro-inositol, in the body's normal ratio of 40 to 1. It was the best-looking insolitol supplement I could find, and I like that it combines both the myo and the D in the right ratios for the body. Most others are only one type, not both. I will keep you posted.

I also started taking Magnesium (300mg) which is supposed to help combat chronic stress and sleep better, and so far feels like it's helped my sleep. I read about this tip in a book called "Period Repair Manual: Natural Treatment for Better Hormones and Better Periods" by Lara Briden which I found to be an easy and informative read.

Background on me: I was diagnosed with PCOS at age 18 after never ovulating on my own, and prescribed the birth control pill and told to take it until I was ready to have kids (as many of us are). Now 32, done with grad school, full-time employed, and happily married for 5 years, I have started down the path of TTC! I came off the pill in March, and have had 3 mini cycles (or what felt like cycles but didn't produce much discharge) but I don't think I'm ovulating. I still need to get back on a healthier eating and exercise plan, but one step at a time!

Here's hoping for the big "O"!!!
  • knp519
    knp519 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    @chippy83 I would love to hear how this works out for you!
  • truddy6647
    truddy6647 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    i am looking into using this as well
  • chippy83
    chippy83 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    chippy83 wrote: »
    Hi,

Tonight I received my first box of Ovasitol to start taking, which is a powdered inositol supplement that provides 2000 mg of myo-inositol and 50 mg of D-chiro-inositol, in the body's normal ratio of 40 to 1. It was the best-looking insolitol supplement I could find, and I like that it combines both the myo and the D in the right ratios for the body. Most others are only one type, not both. I will keep you posted.

I also started taking Magnesium (300mg) which is supposed to help combat chronic stress and sleep better, and so far feels like it's helped my sleep. I read about this tip in a book called "Period Repair Manual: Natural Treatment for Better Hormones and Better Periods" by Lara Briden which I found to be an easy and informative read.

Background on me: I was diagnosed with PCOS at age 18 after never ovulating on my own, and prescribed the birth control pill and told to take it until I was ready to have kids (as many of us are). Now 32, done with grad school, full-time employed, and happily married for 5 years, I have started down the path of TTC! I came off the pill in March, and have had 3 mini cycles (or what felt like cycles but didn't produce much discharge) but I don't think I'm ovulating. I still need to get back on a healthier eating and exercise plan, but one step at a time!

Here's hoping for the big "O"!!!

Just an update:

I talked to my OB-GYN in mid-August, and she said the 3 mini cycles I had were likely just spotting, not a sign of ovulation, and a sign that my body wasn't producing enough uterine lining.

With the exception of a 3-week break while on vacation August 31-September 16, I have continued taking Ovasitol 2x/day and LOVE it! I started it in mid-July like I initially posted about, and then had another round of spotting in mid-August, but then have had 2 (yes, 2!) periods in September! One from September 4-7th and another just started yesterday on September 28th, making a 25-day cycle... which is downright normal! :smiley: I plan to buy an ovulation predictor kit and test myself for several days in October about the time that I estimate ovulation should be happening. As an aside, I am also still taking the Magnesium at night but it's hard to tell what the effects are.

As for the Ovasitol, it's so easy to take-- I just mix it in a small glass of water and it is nearly tasteless. I would highly recommend it to anyone TTC! It promotes insulin sensitivity, healthy ovarian function and egg quality, and supports normal hormone levels. I ordered it direct from the manufacturer's website, Theralogix, and it's about $80 for a 3-month supply (so less than $1/day).

• hilarywantstobehealthy
    hilarywantstobehealthy Posts: 9 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    *If anyone has used Inositol or a combination thereof I'd love to hear how it worked or what else you found.

Hello! Even though this thread has not been active for some time, I thought I would introduce myself in case there is someone new or recently back like me looking for people who are also walking this hard journey of PCOS, whether or not you are currently TTC (trying to conceive) or just trying to get your body to work its best. So here goes!

I'm Hilary. I'm 28 years old - I was diagnosed with PCOS in 2013, but I didn't really know what it meant and was battling depression at the time. I was fighting for my life and had to focus on my mental health first. Fast forward to 2018, when I married my wonderful husband. I had always had irregular periods, and I knew that it might be hard for me to get pregnant but I still had no idea the fulls scope of PCOS or what I should be doing for my body other than "lose weight" and the word "keto" constantly thrown at me. I gained a newlywed 30 pounds, and my periods stopped altogether. I didn't feel good for a long time. Fast forward again to 2020 - I hadn't had a period in 500 days, and I had a migraine that lasted 3 weeks. I have not used birth control since the first month we were married, and we are about to celebrate our 2nd anniversary. I realized I needed to take better care of myself. I started this new chapter of my journey to better health on 4/16/2020. 10 days later, and my migraines were gone! Now I am learning all I can about PCOS and supplements, and have started taking Ovasitol. Let me know you found me through this post and add me as your friend. Let's get through this together!

Stats:
    SW (start weight): 250
    CW (current weight): 243.2
    GW (goal weight): 185
  • Lila_Gray
    Lila_Gray Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I tried it for a couple months but stopped because it didn't seem like it was doing anything. I am not sure what I was expecting. I tried vitex like a month after myo-inositol. Vitex, I believe, can cause weight gain. So I just quit them both at the same time. It saved me some money. I've decided to try to lose weight before restarting supplements as they are so pricey and I feel as though they would be more beneficial if I already was at a healthier weight.