August We Skipped July?

Options
hanlonsk
hanlonsk Posts: 762 Member
So, I technically lifted in July... like twice. But was not in a particularly social or organized head space. And thus I didn’t come say anything about it. I also hit a new PR....on body weight, so of course that helped headspace immensely.... not...

Anyways, I lifted today. Rather disorganized, and light, but it was lifting, and I do miss you people.... So, dang it we WILL have ourselves an August thread. Because even if I don’t have my *kitten* together, it should not mean that there is not a spot for all of you awesome people to come and talk about all of your awesomeness.

Also, those of you sharing the struggle bus don’t let that stop you from finding community here. We do have many smart ladies here, and if you are having a struggle, it may be something someone has a tip, trick, or solution for! And even if someone doesn’t, we can definately lend a sympathetic ear (or is it technically eye??).

So, for today

4 x 10 body weight box squats to a 12 inch box (body weight pr means these even are harder than they should be). Since I haven’t been consistent I get to start over on squat therapy.

4x 5-8 heavily band supported pull-ups

4 x 10 deadlifts @ 65lbs alternating sumo and conventional focusing on form, bar path, and muscle engagement

4x10 feet up bench @ 65

Replies

• chicbuc
    chicbuc Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I haven't lifted in well over 2 weeks. We vacationed in Vegas and I just haven't been motivated to get back on the wagon...lifting or eating right. I'm really going to try this week!
  • Julieboolieaz
    Julieboolieaz Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    I’m happy to see you guys struggling and lifting too! I’ve been struggling for the last year or so, after my thyroid tanked. I’m finally feeling somewhat better and ready to really recommit. Great gym with good childcare for my little ones. I was doing a split but wasn’t too consistent or ambitious with it, so I’m back to stronglifts for now and added 2 cardio days. I’m following IF and LC to shed this 30 lbs I put back on.
  • hanlonsk
    hanlonsk Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Well.... on the bright side, it seems even after serious lacks of lifting lately, I seem to be maintaining at 95lb for 5x5 for bench. On the downside, if i don’t get my booty back on the wagon.... I will have not progressed from 95 @ 5x5 for years. Ugh....

Bench, obviously. Something is better than nothing, right?
    10 @ 45
    10 @ 65
    5 @ 85
    5 x 5 @ 95
  • Dessa1384
    Dessa1384 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    July was tough for me. But August is here and I'm back at it.