September 3 Sign In

Options
13»

Replies

• SuziQ113
    SuziQ113 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    A bit of a disaster for me today. I managed all my goals but.....decided to do a quick HIIT workout before dinner to compensate for sitting a lot while working today. There was a terrible noise and awful pain and my knee gave way. And gave way four times more in the evening. I’m so upset as I’m such an active person. I’ve slept on it but it is still very painful and I’m reduced to shuffling around the house.

So - I’m off to our local Minor Injuries unit this morning. I will hopefully get some crutches and advice. It kind of means I’m out of the challenge this month unless I can think of some arm exercises but actually keeping to my calories while not exercising is way way way more challenging for me than being able to add lots of exercise calories so I may adapt the challenge to fit my new circumstances.

Sorry to hear about your knee. There are many sitting exercises you can do while it heals. It's not over unless you decide it is over.
  • deniners2
    deniners2 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    E: walk/run 4.1 miles in 54 minutes
    C: no
    L: yes
  • znaoiec
    znaoiec Posts: 1,985 Member
    Options
    Yes, yes, yes
    Walking in the morning before work.
  • Hollis100
    Hollis100 Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? yes, disinfecting the public areas of my workplace due to the virus, plus walking over 8 hours
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? yes

This morning I'm sick with a cold/extreme sore throat and might not participate for a day or two since I doubt I'll exercise. I'm exposed to the public, including people who refuse to wear masks, so I plan to call today about a COVID test -- I doubt I have it, but who knows.
  • crystalsan726
    crystalsan726 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    My phone bit the dust yesterday so I wasn’t able to put my daily log in on here

Exercised for 20 min: ✔ Did 30 min of moving heavy furniture and an hour of yard work, mowing, weeding, edging, etc.

Stayed within calorie budget: ✔ I was under calories

Tracked everything I ate and drank: ✔ Check!

• molly3210
    molly3210 Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    Yes x 3 for Thursday
    Though I didn't have the most nutritious food, it was logged and on target. 25 min dog walk, and one hr tennis.
  • hannahm120
    hannahm120 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    September 3rd
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes: 72min. of cycling and 60min. of cleaning
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes: 1200 goal + 388 exercise - 1568 eaten = 20 left over
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes: I had nachos for dinner and don't like how many of my exercise calories I ate back.
  • IndigoWitch
    IndigoWitch Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Date: Sept 3rd

All day long meetings, stressed filled day, I'm going to claim this as a pass and finish up that chocolate chip cookie >:)
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,007 Member
    Options
    Hey @MadisonMolly2017

Thank you :) I think my main issue is that I didn't factor in exercise and eating times on those days, so I snacked rather than actually sticking to meals. I am hoping to start planning meals on a Sunday and sticking to it :smiley:

@fictionreader91 You’ve got this!! Just takes a little tinkering now & then!! 👏🎉💪🏻

What’s your current favorite fiction book?! I’m always looking for suggestions!!

Maddie
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,386 Member
    Options
    A bit of a disaster for me today. I managed all my goals but.....decided to do a quick HIIT workout before dinner to compensate for sitting a lot while working today. There was a terrible noise and awful pain and my knee gave way. And gave way four times more in the evening. I’m so upset as I’m such an active person. I’ve slept on it but it is still very painful and I’m reduced to shuffling around the house.

So - I’m off to our local Minor Injuries unit this morning. I will hopefully get some crutches and advice. It kind of means I’m out of the challenge this month unless I can think of some arm exercises but actually keeping to my calories while not exercising is way way way more challenging for me than being able to add lots of exercise calories so I may adapt the challenge to fit my new circumstances.

go by the dr / physio guidance ... and apply to chair cardio. There are plenty Youtube video varients of options that are not weight-bearing for the knees. Seated resistance band work on upper-body strength. Sitting "shadow boxing" or chair-zumba (or chair-disco, or any other kind of chair dancercise)

• HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    @RangerRickL, @katiecan2019, @heffalump2014, I hope you back and your knees, respectively, feel better soon!

@Hollis100, I hope you feel better soon, too, and that you do not have Covid-19! It would be ironic, wouldn't it, considering how much disinfecting you do during the day!

@MadisonMolly2017, Yay for blue skies!! In October, you'll have to buy one small container and share it!
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options
    Yes x 3!
  • WMEJA
    WMEJA Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    Daily post

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    HASWLRS wrote: »
    @RangerRickL, @katiecan2019, @heffalump2014, I hope you back and your knees, respectively, feel better soon!

@Hollis100, I hope you feel better soon, too, and that you do not have Covid-19! It would be ironic, wouldn't it, considering how much disinfecting you do during the day!

@MadisonMolly2017, Yay for blue skies!! In October, you'll have to buy one small container and share it!

OKAY!!! 😂
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    Having back problems again.
    Walked for 30 minutes
    Calories: under my limit
    Tracking: good

@RangerRickL
    I am super sorry to read this. I do hope what you did before will help you recover quickly. Will be sending tons of healing thoughts
    💞Maddie
    PS I knew something was up...
  • victorious55
    victorious55 Posts: 3,292 Member
    Options
    September 3

Track: Yes
    Calories: Yes
    Exercise: Yes

Kitchen Closed: Yes
  • idmalone
    idmalone Posts: 66 Member