shenry111 Posts: 4,099 Member
Good Morning!

Replies

• shenry111
    shenry111 Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    Good Morning!

Back to work today. Still super busy.

I was able to get some much needed rest over the weekend. I have a week long vacation coming up the week of September 21. We are not going anywhere, or doing anything. Maybe a couple of day trips.

Starting on bathroom #2 tonight. Demo day!

Have a great day!
  • rkmoray
    rkmoray Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Morning All. I am a newbie here, WW refugee who just couldn't get the concept of "Free", but not really "Free". Went to Noom, still use it for it's daily "Phycology", but it's logging system was terrible. So here I am after 3 weeks and still going strong (Sort of).
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,880 Member
    Options
    Good morning gentlemen.

Welcome, to the newcomer. What's your name?

Spent a quiet Labor Day, watching the Mariners beat the Rangers. Maybe the rebuild is ahead of schedule. Hope springs eternal.

Rita baked a fantastic pear pie with fruit from our DS's century-old tree. Good news is we drove most of the pie over to DS' house. Bad news (sort of) is she made enough dough for a second pie, to bake today. She'll eat one piece and leave the rest for me. Too good.

High and dry east winds really blew up the fire situation in the Pacific Northwest, yesterday. We had been enjoying a really good fire season, up until then. Last night a fire about 30 miles from here destroyed a dozen homes and forced evacuations of several hundred. Air is pretty thick, this morning. Sadly, no rain in the forecast, though the winds should ease by the end of the week.
  • myallforjcbill
    myallforjcbill Posts: 5,551 Member
    Options
    Good Morning

Welcome @rkmoray!

Dave, welcome to the party. We are on our 4th week of Spare the Air Days. Air is still unhealthy. Temps should drop below 100 as things cool off a bit. Very little activity over the weekend as we tried to stay cool indoors. PT today and some shopping for a new menu. I am starting to read through the material for the weight loss program through the hospital. I got 2 weeks before I am scheduled to begin but I might as well start trying to factor it into family meal planning. I will get out for a short walk while it is cool.
  • mikehikemike
    mikehikemike Posts: 3,421 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon. Went out after breakfast for a hike in the forest 2 towns away while it was still cool. Heading into 80's now, but a dry heat. The brooks there were practically empty of water, with a trickle down a path of wet stones and moss. We need rain to replenish our reservoirs, though not as bad as folks on west coast need it to douse their fires.

Kinda fell off the diet wagon yesterday, though not too bad. Back on today.

Welcome aboard to the new guy! We check in every day and share our weight loss ups and downs, our challenges and sometimes discuss health issues, especially those that impact weight and fitness. Looking forward to having you join in if you like.
  • LeonardRing
    LeonardRing Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    Welcome, rkmoray; glad to have you join us
    Good Afternoon,
    Started trying to post early this morning,
    DMIL had to go to silver sneakers
    Census folks called wanting me to do more training and agree to phone interviews instead of knocking on doors until they can get new ID's
    Yoga class this afternoon, should be fun without right arm
    Neighborhood men's meeting this evening