Options
mikehikemike
mikehikemike Posts: 3,476 Member
Good morning gentlemen.

Replies

• mikehikemike
    mikehikemike Posts: 3,476 Member
    Options
    Completely forgot to check in yesterday. Didn’t forget it was 9/11. Needs to be a review of history and civics curriculum in schools. Our lives go on but we forget the foundation of laws and government that makes how we live possible. Take for granted until it’s gone...

Hard to imagine wildfires out of control on other side of country—it’s sunny, clear, calm and a chilly 45° here. Hope you all can stay safe and healthy out there.

Climbed Mt Wachusett yesterday, 3 miles and 800’ climbing. Only one hiker first part, then several on upper trail, and mostly no masks. On peak were dozens, but all wearing masks. One group was hawk counting with scopes and tripods, another was having an awards ceremony of some sort. I stayed away sitting on a rock with my lunch.

Booked a camping trip on outer Cape Cod mid-October for 6 days. State campground, no non-camping visitors allowed, masks if leaving your site, half the sites kept vacant. My site is a 360 foot walk-in from parking area. Seems reasonably safe. Only contact will be restrooms. In Wellfleet where 2 of my kids and their families live. No COVID-19 cases there for now at least.

Have a good one.
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,974 Member
    Options
    Good morning gentlemen.

The air quality is still pretty bad, though not as hazardous as it is to the south of us. The humidity is way up, though, and the temperatures down - mid 70s, today. The winds are now from off-shore, which will push the big fires in the Cascades back on themselves. That is all good.

The last hot weather for the season has passed, I think, so today I will be packing away the Slip 'N Slide and hanging the wading pool, until next summer.

• myallforjc
    myallforjc Posts: 25 Member
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Whoops
  • myallforjcbill
    myallforjcbill Posts: 5,595 Member
    Options
    Good Morning

Another exciting Air Quality day currently sitting at Very Unhealthy. Hopefully, it will improve a bit. Well, at least the smoke has blocked the sun and cooled the temps way down. We do have a few N95 masks we kept, so we can wear them if we have to go out. DW is getting her hair cut today for the first time since the Covid outbreak and she will not be denied. I have to get to the store after staying in yesterday.