September 16 Sign In

Options

Replies

• MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,995 Member
    Options
    Yes for all three. Getting a little more difficult. Sixteen days down!

What is becoming more difficult?
  • josefinejem
    josefinejem Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Exercise was 60 min of taekwondo kicking drills (online class). I followed it with 20 min of intense yin yoga stretches.

Oooh, was that a private class or is it publicly available? I did TKD for some ten years, would love to try something like that!

• SuziQ113
    SuziQ113 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Yes times three.
  • cjane917
    cjane917 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Yes x3
    Under and walked
  • heidipatterson100
    Options
    [quote="josefinejem;c-4534396

Oooh, was that a private class or is it publicly available? I did TKD for some ten years, would love to try something like that!

[/quote]

That is so cool! 10 years!!! Just WOW!!! I have been at it only about 8 years, 5 years competitively. I did ITF.

Sorry, this one was a private class form my training center. There is a guy I know, Simon Scher, on YouTube that has some full classes. (Nice guy IRL) I am searching YouTube for TKD classes as well. I'll let you know if I find anything good.
  • keith250in2021
    keith250in2021 Posts: 36 Member
    Options

Good morning Molly. The urge to eat unhealthy seems to be greater. The cravings are less overall. Just trying to change years of bad habits like eating when I'm not hungry.
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options
    Yes x 3
  • cdflood2153
    cdflood2153 Posts: 28 Member
    Options

Exercise: No
    Calories: No
    Track: Yes

• MadisonMolly2017
    Options

Good morning Molly. The urge to eat unhealthy seems to be greater. The cravings are less overall. Just trying to change years of bad habits like eating when I'm not hungry.

@keith250in2021
    Hi Keith,
    Let us know if you want any suggestions.
    #MarathonNotASprint
    #🐢
  • josefinejem
    josefinejem Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    That is so cool! 10 years!!! Just WOW!!! I have been at it only about 8 years, 5 years competitively. I did ITF.

Sorry, this one was a private class form my training center. There is a guy I know, Simon Scher, on YouTube that has some full classes. (Nice guy IRL) I am searching YouTube for TKD classes as well. I'll let you know if I find anything good.

I did TAGB which is UK specific, absolutely loved it. After that did a bit of Kung Fu, Krav and kickboxing - but I haven't done any martial arts now for about seven years. 😕 You've inspired me have a look on YouTube too!

• HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    Pass Day #4?

I did not have a plan for the day and then the day got away from me....so much so, that I threw in the towel. You know what they say, if you fail to plan, then plan to fail!!
  • keith250in2021
    keith250in2021 Posts: 36 Member
    Options

@keith250in2021
    Hi Keith,
    Let us know if you want any suggestions.
    #MarathonNotASprint
    #🐢

Thanks, Molly! I can always use suggestions. Trying to undo bad habits is tough.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    @keith250in2021

Ok, here are some things what I’ve learned over the past 5 years (Lost 72-78 pounds over 3 years, maintained 2 years.

MAINTENANCE is the goal - not weight loss.

Baby habit changes (1 per week) that then are continued as You add another the next week allow for gradual changes that can become permanent...and support your maintenance.

Make sure you eat enough. Starvation is not necessary & can cause the desire for unhealthy foods. I never lost more than 4-5 pounds a month Because I didn’t want to get super hungry & I didn’t want to lose even more muscle. It’s not a race.
    ———
    This is a habit change task not a weight loss task because it’s only by shifting your habits gradually that you can maintain. Habits trump willpower every time.

Focus on health. Are there labs you wish were better, things you wish you could do or that were easier for you to do. Focus on them. #HealthFirst
    ———
    I used The NOOM app that has a personal coach to help me make those small changes. Highly recommended.
    ———
    Drink lots of water. Eat protein at each meal.
    ———
    For unhealthy foods that called to me, I really paid attention to how they tasted. For example tortilla chips. I let one sit in my tongue. Cardboard once the salt went away. But I still wanted them, so I said okay, unsalted only. Weighed them out. After a couple months, I decided there were other things I’d rather eat for those calories & I never looked back. MY Choice.

Pasta. Pasta without the salt, fat, etc had no taste. I just stopped eating it one day. No taste. Just a vehicle (for me) for salt & fat.

So, slowly I addressed my “problem” foods. Sometimes eliminating, sometimes substituting something else, etc.

Gradually.

And guess what, now those goods don’t call me. It’s a freakin’ miracle.

Gradual changes, I think, allow our bodies to reset. Especially if you exercise daily, which you do!!

———

Develop your interests. With maintenance, the goal is to Live Your Life! What do you love? What do you want to learn & do? Begin these things now! Identify passions & purpose that fill you up as your good used to!

———
    Eat slowly, smaller plates, bowls, cups. Savor each bite. Why eat if you’re not paying attention?!

Weigh your food. Your calorie counts will be accurate.

———
    Over time, I created a breakfast & a lunch I love. I recommend it. Some will do several, but I love mine so much that I just eat them.
    Makes it very easy to track & you develop a habit - fewer decisions

———
    Enter your dinner before eating it so you don’t accidentally go over your calorie goal.

———
    Treat daily or weekly body weigh as data - not some judgment if your worthiness or goodness. Just data.

———

———

Get smaller clothes as you get thinner sooner rather than later -second hand shops are good for this as you slim down!

———
    Forgive yourself for how you are in the past. Really.

I hope at least some of these will be of help.

Best,
    Maddie