Food ideas

Options
CoachFrenchie
CoachFrenchie Posts: 135 Member
What type of food do you feed your dog or recommend?

Replies

• Ccricfo
    Ccricfo Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    My beagle/chihuahua/rat terrier boy gets Hills Prescription kibble and Iams canned, mixed.
  • CoachFrenchie
    Options
    I feed a raw diet...but it is getting quite expensive..👀
  • Ccricfo
    Ccricfo Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I guess the two of us are it for now. Gotta be some dog lover's out there!
  • CoachFrenchie
    Options
    They will get to us soon.....😂😂
  • bamamom02
    bamamom02 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Our Merle eats mostly Freshpet, different varieties.
  • CoachFrenchie
    Options
    I tried FreshPet! It looked pretty awesome nutritionally speaking!
  • bamamom02
    bamamom02 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Our Basset loves it! It's the highlight of his day (lol), and it has improved his appetite, energy, and playfulness. We try to rotate the varieties--he has liked them all so far.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,076 Member
    Options
    My 2 eat Science Diet chicken and barley ....they don't like the lamb and rice flavor
  • Ketch_22
    Ketch_22 Posts: 12,708 Member
    Options
    My 2 dogs eat Wellness Core
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    We buy diamond naturals beef and rice formula from Amazon. I also make them brown rice mixed with canned dog food, a little extra veg and plain yogurt to supplement the kibble.
  • saltysparkle
    saltysparkle Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Because our dog is overweight, our vet wants her on Royal Canin satiety kibble, but because I don't think anyone is meant to just eat kibble all the time, I swap out 1/3 of that and give her the caloric equivalent in boiled chicken, or a Nature's Recipe Chicken and Tuna tray.
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    I feed some high-protein kibble from a local feed mill. Formulated for working dogs according to the label. Daisy's coat and skin looks good and she has more than enough energy.

I usually feed the same type food consistently if it seems to be working well for the dog. I have seen digestive "issues" when/if their diet is changed

• NDShaySherlock
    NDShaySherlock Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I feed my 2 dogs purina proplan. They seem to like it. I also top Hamish's with green beans(hes on a diet) and the other one gets a scoop of generic wet food.
  • saltysparkle
    saltysparkle Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    My little legal beagle is on a prescription diet (Royal Canin). I substitute boiled chicken and/or canned tuna for 1/4 of her serving in the morning because otherwise she won't eat it.