how to lose and tone the tummy

Options
dietmomma101
dietmomma101 Posts: 4 Member
edited August 2015 in Social Groups
I am in my 40's and have over the last several months gained weight, like for me, a lot of weight. As I try to lose some of this belly fat what do i do to tone and firm up the belly area?

Replies

• ajae1930
    ajae1930 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi. Bicycle crunches and plank exercises are working for me.
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Trying to figure it out myself too same age but gave birth after being 2yrs post menopause (so going through Peri a 2nd time). Doctor suggested this site y to play the lottery with my odds lol πŸ˜‚.

In the past when I had the time ability to do so (unlike Navy Daughter my son (newly 3yrs old) is super hyper cries for me until I get off the toilet even). Used to soak long fully in very hot water with epson salt scrub any dead skin off. Then follow up with lotion. Also used to soak my feet in lemon πŸ‹ juice hot water with epson salt after cutting my nails follow up with lotion y nail hardener. Did that for skin y top bra portion . Right now need to but lucky for a quick hot shower.

For my stomach doing sit-ups started with a exercise band (can use rope anything to loop around your foot then pull up) now doing 75 sit-ups unaided a day. It’s taking inches off but too much damage for it to take all my stomach down.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately we can't spot reduce, we can do all the crunches we like but it wont necessarily help. The best thing is to lower our body fat which is done through calorie deficit.
    When my bf% is lower my stomach is flatter, and lifting weights regularly helps - I haven't done a crunch or floor exercise in years and thank goodness we really don't have to.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    My stomach did not flatten out until I went low carb (which i did because I became diabetic.) It also made weight loss easier for me.
  • lorrieannoberry
    lorrieannoberry Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    My stomach, Thighs and back of arms have always been my biggest problem. I am slowly seeing improvement.
  • LilCountryMouse
    LilCountryMouse Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm new here. Got some flabbies in arms, thighs, back, and tummy after losing 20 lbs. Any idea to shape these will be greatly appreciated.
  • BooKity2U
    BooKity2U Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm New.. and confused πŸ€”. Is this group still active? Most of the post's I've seen are really old ones.