MUTUAL PITY, (B.S.) SUPPORT FOR GUYS & GALS LIKE US

Options
whizerd
whizerd Posts: 2 Member
Aloha Folks,
I'm a totally disabled vet, ('73-'78....yep/over there/11bravo), my right leg has had three total knee replacements that all failed. The last one about 9 years ago has left me unable to walk more than a few feet, and the pain is such that I require apprx 60mgs of pain meds daily.....and that's with walking just a few yards a day. The more movement, the more meds, & I had my share and probably yours too back in the 70's & '80s! ;-)

So those days are history. I was also diagnosed with emphysema/COPD from the funny smelling rain that used to come down after the Hueys went over. So its hard to do much w/out problems.

Man, I need to lose 50-60lbs so I can stay around long enough to keep my wife company. Haven't drank in about 25 years, and obviously dont smoke. If there's any vets out there or someone who can relate to my fun, it'd be good to hear from you.
Mahalo

Replies

• THUNDER5453
    THUNDER5453 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Been there done that wear that T-shirt.... Military War Dog Handler Class of 74-75 Tan Son Nhut AB SVN " The Fall of Saigon"... outside the wire...handled ShadowX-117. Medical/ Mental Disabled.... PTSD..Drug and Alcohol Rehab Ward ... VN burn out Unit VA Hospital American Lake Facility... American Lake WA Class of 79-81....18 months stint

WELCOME HOME BROTHERS AND SISTERS
    2yi0com6x5ym.jpg
    o0titimpixvi.jpg
    yhd81om3kd01.jpg