Halloween!

Options
laura14fit
laura14fit Posts: 37 Member
Halloween is just around the corner. The annual candy and potato chip extravaganza! I love the neighborhood kids with their costumes, going from door to door, proud to show off their fancy dress and excited about their haul of Halloween loot.
How do you handle Halloween? I avoid buying those little mini chocolate bars. Instead I buy treats I don't care for like Skittles or potato chips or I hand out non-edibles like glow sticks, sticker pages, or little tubs of play dough or a combination of both. Parents and kids all love glow sticks or play dough. Less candy for me, more fun for the kiddos.
Note: our town in Nova Scotia is going ahead with trick or treating but socially distanced. I'm not handing the goodies directly to the kids but putting the goods out on the bottom front step. I'll still watch, ooh and aah at the costumes and chat, masked, from my front door.

Replies

• laura_b00
    laura_b00 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    It's getting harder and harder in our neighborhood to find trick or treaters. Giving away "things" instead of candy might be the answer. Heaven knows, I'll eat the candy if they don't.
  • laura14fit
    laura14fit Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hope your Halloween went well. We had no trick or treaters but my neighbour and I got things ready anyway with a decorated table at the end of the driveway. No toys this year, expecting low turnout, but went with granola bars, which I can handle. It was fun nonetheless as other neigbours wandered up to chat '(and left with some goodies). There were other Halloween events with fir stations and churches handing out treats in a socially distanced way. So....fun was still had and next year will be better. For now, stay safe, be healthly.