mugginskate Posts: 476 Member
edited October 2020 in Social Groups
Introduce Yourself Here

Replies

• mugginskate
    edited October 2020
    Hi, I'm Megan!

I'm a Jesus-follower, wife, cat enthusiast, and someone who wants to be more health conscious. I want lifestyle change, not just a quick fix to lose my last few pounds.

Here are my kittens. :) Quinn below, and August above. kxdbw79fq2d9.jpg
  • EmmaGoesToOz
    EmmaGoesToOz Posts: 17 Member
    Hi!

Thanks for starting the group, Megan.

Keeping healthy habits has been difficult through quarantine and I haven't done as well as I would have liked. Enough's enough and it's time for me to get back into it.

I look forward to reading about how we all meet our challenges.
  • mugginskate
    Hey Emma! So glad you joined!

You are definitely right about keeping habits during quarantine. I find it very challenging to. I figured starting this group would help me get back on track and to see the bigger picture about who I want me to be!
  • mugginskate
    Also, hilarious pic of your cat!!
  • Hi! I'm Jessica from Texas. Megan, I got your email and found the notification for the group because of it. Thanks for setting this up!

A quick history: I was very successful (lost about 80 lbs) on MPF 5ish years ago. Then in the past 3 years life has done its thing, and I lost my vigilance and gained back about 40 lbs. I firmly believe in the science of CICO that MFP holds so tightly to, but I've found that I need a bit more than just science this time. So I'm actually mostly using Noom as my motivator and teacher at the moment, but using MFP for the recipe builder, blogging capabilities, and the communities. Now with this group, I'm hoping we can encourage each other in this journey forward!
  • mugginskate
    I used Noom and I loved it! Helped me drop 20 lbs! I gained about 30 lbs a year and a half ago from medication. I was in shock when I stepped on the scale and cried. But Noom was a huge motivator and helped me see and believe in the bigger picture. I'm not back down to my goal weight yet, but hoping this group will help! So glad you joined, Jessica!

Megan
  • searchedtobelost
    searchedtobelost Posts: 4 Member
    Hi! My name is Lauren. I'm a biology and medicine enthusiast. My favorite health website is healthline.com.

I have a Corgi and a Siamese mix.

My weight has fluctuated over the years. Anywhere from 140 lbs to 215 lbs.

Right now I'd like to lose about 40 lbs of fat.

I have mental health issues that I believe are related to nutrient deficiencies which in turn make it difficult to lose weight. I haven't been tested, but it is possible I have Cushing's Syndrome. This means I need to reduce stress, which is often related to a magnesium definitely.

I have been very focused this past week on using food as medicine and taking supplements to get my nutrients up to good levels.

My favorite resource for foods and supplements is healthline.com (I have no affiliation with the website).

I am hoping that by getting my nutrients to good levels that my moods and weight will improve and be easier to modify.

Glad to be here!
  • mugginskate
    So happy to have you, Lauren!!!
  • HungryTraveler
    HungryTraveler Posts: 39 Member
    edited October 2020
    Hi, I'm Kim!
    I live in the Netherlands and am a radiographer in training. I'm super busy with school and placement and basically have no social life, but who does during lockdown :D
    My main goal is to keep on top of my weight loss during this hectic time, and not stress eat which is something I have done a lot in the past, I'm definitely an emotional eater.
    I believe in ''everything in moderation'' and always make room for wine in my Friday and Saturday calorie allowance. My main goal is to learn new, healthy habits (i.e. no more emotional eating) so I can successfully lose and maintain that loss for the rest of my life.
    Edited to add: I'm looking to lose 30 lbs, my goal weight is 155lbs.

Really happy to have some accountability buddies to keep me on track! :)
  • mugginskate
    Hey Kim! Again, so glad you are here!! I would love to travel to the Netherlands! I'd love to travel a lot of places. Traveling is so difficult right now though. :/ I live in Canada, myself.

I love "everything in moderation." That is a great mantra!
  • cooper0764
    cooper0764 Posts: 2 Member
    Hi Not sure if this is still a active but I am happy to have a group to chat with. I lost about 70 pounds about 6 years ago and did great for 4.5 years. Menopause and covid have had me up and now needing to lose 40. Sort of depressing. I am a doctor working in industry hopefully bringing the world a vaccine ....
  • human_bean
    human_bean Posts: 51 Member
    Hi everybody!

My name is Rita and I'm from Israel :)

I'm so happy to have found this group, a huge part of successful weight loss for me is community, so I've been looking for a small group like this :)

I'm looking to lose 14lbs as my initial goal (I would love to lose more, but want to have a more achievable goal for the beginning) and equally important to maintain that weight. I tend to either lose or gain weight, it's hard for me to just maintain it, so I want to work on that for a couple of months once I reach my first goal.

I used to have food addiction in the past, so I always need to make sure I'm not starving myself, otherwise I get insane cravings.

About me: I work in high tech, want to study psychology, have the cutest ginger cat and love reading! Also I'm a big introvert, but absolutely love getting to know people.

I loved reading everyone's introduction!:)

@cooper0764

So nice to meet you and thank you for everything you are doing for us during this difficult time ❤
  • Pushkinnz
    Pushkinnz Posts: 58 Member
    Good Morning from Auckland, New Zealand.

My name is Sonya, I am very happy to have found a smaller group to be part of, chat with, learn share and support with.

I am also a cat lover i always tell people we have 4 and a half cats, we actually have 4 but the neighbours cat likes living with us and his real mum so he is the half :). i dont actually know how to add a pic to posts or id share the fur babys.

My starting weight originally was 215 kg, currently its 186 kg not on any specific type of diet, just lots of veges and cut out potatoes, rice etc

Looking forward to getting to know you all.
  • human_bean
    human_bean Posts: 51 Member
    @Pushkinnz Lovely to meet you, Sonya! I got really excited about your cats!:)

Also, awesome progress with the weight loss so far!
  • goingape
    goingape Posts: 429 Member
    Hi all. I am a mom of three teenagers from Canada. I’m looking to lose 25-30 pounds and work on improving my fitness level. Im currently stuck cycling up and down in a three pound range so would really like to bust out of that and finally get into the 140s.

I’m a big fan of intermittent fasting and doing exercise classes. I’m working on doing at home exercises.

Glad to meet you all.
  • Katerr1kk
    Katerr1kk Posts: 81 Member
    Hi everyone! Thank you for letting me join your group.

I am 40, mum of 3 boys. I had wanted to lose weight for 7 years since the birth of my youngest child but only managed to find the motivation in March of this year. I'm 39lb down and have about another 12lb or so to go. I'm in the middle of a frustrating plateau at the moment.
  • mugginskate
    @Katerr1kk 39 lbs, what a great accomplishment! I understand plateaus though. Geesh they make things difficult!!

Megan
  • momofthree9845
    momofthree9845 Posts: 30 Member
    Hello all,

My name is Samantha and like @goingape , I'm a mom of three from Canada. My kids are 7, 14 and 16.

Due to pregnancy and some depressive episodes, I've gained and lost 100 lbs a few times. At the moment, I have about 25 lbs to lose. This time, I'm losing weight to be healthy rather than to look a certain way. I'm trying to be a positive role model for my two daughters (they are the 7-year-old and 14-year-old).

Weight watchers worked for me in the past because of the community. I'm really looking forward to getting to know you all and I'm making a goal to post in here every day.
  • Katerr1kk
    Katerr1kk Posts: 81 Member
    Hi Sam, nice to meet you! I have 3 boys, 7,9 and 16, I gained a lot in pregnancy too and only just this year found the motivation to do something about it.

Wishing you all the best on your journey!
  • Dshep7
    Dshep7 Posts: 14 Member
    Hey everyone, my name's Darren. Looking to lose 35 pounds to meet my goal weight of 210. I haven't been at my goal weight in over 12 years and would love to get back to it and stay there. Looking to use this group to keep each other accountable to achieve and maintain our goals. Look forward to motivating and supporting each other!