Shrinking Assets - October 2020 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• Dogmom1978
    Dogmom1978 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Glad to be here. My current weight is 220.6 and my weigh ins are on Mondays. I started my current weight loss journey at 226 lbs back in September so I'm making progress - but slowly. (October was a very undisciplined month for me where I gained 3 lbs back.) Hopefully this new challenge group will help me to get more motivated!

226 was the most I've ever weighed. I moved to the US two years ago weighing approximately 170 lbs at the time. The weight kept piling up since I live in an area with no sidewalks, couldn't work due to the immigration process for a while, and then Covid happened! I've been making tons of effort recently to start getting my steps in, becoming more active, and being more mindful about my calories.

Thanks for having me!

@craftysloth85 I live in an area with no sidewalks. Check and see if you have walking trails locally (I have several). I also do some evening walks around the neighborhood when there is less traffic. I do have to step onto people’s lawns when cars are coming though.
  • boehle
    boehle Posts: 5,062 Member
    Options
    Good Morning.
    It has gotten so darn cold in Ohio out of no where. 47 degrees right now. I am struggling with even wanting to leave my house. I know I can dust out my jacket and get my head gear out and go walk, so that is my biggest November goal. I also realllllllllly wanna turn on my heat but if you are familiar with fuel oil, you know how expensive it is.
    I did bump my step goal from 10k to 15k. I havent hit it yet since I bumped it but it is making get up a bit more during work, even if its just a few extra steps to get more water or really anything.
  • boehle
    Options
    overdue:
    @beije24

no weights due today

due tomorrow:
    @LaurieWrobo
    @KittyInBoots17
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,277 Member
    Options
    You have another newcomer heading your way ... Please welcome @ksandberg561
  • boehle
    Options
    Welcome newbies. @beka3695 and myself are your captains. Please add us!
  • heatheralamode
    heatheralamode Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi! I’m Heather and I think Wednesdays will be my weigh in days (:
    My SW was 340
    CW: 281

I’m 29, live in Vegas, and am on my way to get kebabs for lunch so I’ll chat more later 😹 just wanted to say hi!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Hi Shrinking Assets ..another one is added to your team ... Please welcome @heatherbluebell :)
  • hipari
    hipari Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    Well, this fall is just one setback after another. I finally made it to my acrobatics class last night for the first time in a month. I'm not entirely sure how exactly this happened (my memory is wiped from the two-ish minutes of this incident), but my hands fell out from under me while in a handstand position, and I fell directly on my head. I was supposed to practice handsprings and end up on my back on the mattress right in front of me, but somehow I crashed on top of my head on hard floor and missed the mattress. The class is late at night, so all this happened after 9PM, definitely not standard business hours.

I feel incredibly grateful for my employer (and by extension, myself for setting up the benefit package). I immediately opened our company healthcare app on my phone, and started the 24/7 on-call chat doctor service. They recommended heading to ER and getting checked for neck fractures immediately. Instead of heading to public hospital ER and waiting in line for possibly several hours, I called my workplace insurance company hotline and was sent directly to our private workplace healthcare clinic that has 24/7 service. I saw a doctor, got X-rays of my neck taken and went back to the doctor who reviewed the X-rays, prescribed painkillers and gave me treatment instructions. I was out of there within an hour of calling the insurance company, and I didn't pay a single cent as the bills are sent straight to the insurance company (and I pay nothing for the insurance). A radiologist is double-checking the X-rays today and calling me to confirm there's no fractures. I'm also very grateful to have the option of going to the public hospital ER and also getting the service for free, even if there are longer waits.

I have a splitting headache, my neck is super sore and everything is kinda stiff and shaken, but I'm going to be fine. No exercise for a few days, though, and the doctor specified that "take it easy and rest" includes taking a rest from screen time, so I'm going to be bored out of my mind and can't work regularly.
  • imgwendolyn2015
    imgwendolyn2015 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    @hipari thank goodness it wasn't worse! How scary! Hope you feel better quickly!
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    Wednesday weigh in:
    PW: 151.2
    CW: 150.2
  • ShowKitten
    ShowKitten Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    @hipari oh my goodness, that must have been really scary. Get well soon ❤️
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Good Morning SA's.....one more is coming your way... Please welcome @robros310 :)
  • robros310
    robros310 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Super excited to be part of this group! I’m currently 167.5 with a goal of 130. I think my weigh in day will be Sunday. Looking forward to getting to know you and reaching our goals!
  • cre804
    cre804 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Lord help me. The bag of Halloween candy has been opened! 🤦🏼‍♀️
  • Hope_bay74
    Hope_bay74 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    cre804 wrote: »
    Lord help me. The bag of Halloween candy has been opened! 🤦🏼‍♀️

As much as I LOVE it, I’m kind of happy Halloween has been cancelled in my city for that reason. Not buying any candy this year. Can’t help myself 🍫🍬🍭🍩🍪

• Leezy55
    Leezy55 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Hi Beka,

Just to confirm we are automatically signed up for November?
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    Leezy55 wrote: »
    Hi Beka,

Just to confirm we are automatically signed up for November?

Yep! You are good!!
This discussion has been closed.