Week #1 completed towards May 1st goal!

Options
mrsshots2011
mrsshots2011 Posts: 40 Member
edited November 2020 in Social Groups
Happy Monday!

Today is the end to my first week since I made the decision to make my goal weight. My first weight goal was 180 and this morning I weighed in at 179.4 down 6.5lbs! YAY!!! It is truly amazing what happens when I keep track of my food and trust me this was a surprise. Friday and Saturday were not good days for me. Went over my calorie intake both days but the positive was that I tracked EVERYTHING. Before I wouldn't have and then I'd beat myself up and eventually it would be a week or longer before I got back on myfitnesspal. So overall I'm proud of myself!

Weigh Goal #2 is 170 lb.

Today's goals are to take my two walks today at work.
Track everything and stay right at or under daily calorie goal
To start my C25K running app. This is the app I use to train for 5ks. I think I'm going to make a goal of doing the end of the year 5k they have here. You start it at 11:45 p.m. on Dec 31st and finish in the new year. Sounds like a good plan to see 2020 off.

Hope everyone can see something positive in what you've been doing today!

Replies

• rayonrainbows
    rayonrainbows Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    @mrsshots2011 thanks for sharing and CONGRATS!! πŸŽ‰πŸŽˆπŸ§‘

Just logging everything is soooo helpful for personal accountability, even if we don't meet our goals everyday! 🌞

I have been considering starting the C25K app again too since I've made a habit of walking for 45-60 mins most evenings for the past 3 months or so. I've been trying to slowly incorporate a bit of jogging lately (I've never been a strong runner); i was thinking something like C25K would give me a but more structure and motivation to improve..... Maybe we can give it a go together πŸŒˆπŸ§œπŸ€“
  • 3greyhorses
    3greyhorses Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    C25K is such a great way to get going!
  • mrsshots2011
    Options
    @rayonrainbows That would be awesome. I didn't have my glasses on yesterday so I couldn't read where to reset it so I ended up just doing the first day and replacing the last info. LOL!!! Anyway I got it reset last night and will do day 1 over again on Wednesday. I do the app three times a week. I usually do my rest day on Sunday. This will be the fourth go around on the app so I've decided to increase my speed. Yesterday I sprinted during the 1 minute runs. Let me know if you want to start the app with me tomorrow.
  • rayonrainbows
    Options
    Very nice! I won't be sprinting any time soon πŸ˜†πŸ¦‹

I've got the app downloaded, so that's the first step haha. I will also aim to do it 3 days a week. I will almost certainly have to repeat some weeks because if I don't ease into jogging I get the most awful shin splints no matter how much I stretch and I AIN'T PLAYING THAT GAME this time around πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ–€

Even if our progress isn't the same, I still think a little check in will be super helpful to report progress and be accountable for trying 3 days a week etc πŸ€“

If the winds and rain chill out at some point today, I'll make today my Day 1 🌈🧑

Thanks for the motivation!! πŸ™
  • 3greyhorses
    Options
    Very nice! I won't be sprinting any time soon πŸ˜†πŸ¦‹

I've got the app downloaded, so that's the first step haha. I will also aim to do it 3 days a week. I will almost certainly have to repeat some weeks because if I don't ease into jogging I get the most awful shin splints no matter how much I stretch and I AIN'T PLAYING THAT GAME this time around πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ–€

Even if our progress isn't the same, I still think a little check in will be super helpful to report progress and be accountable for trying 3 days a week etc πŸ€“

If the winds and rain chill out at some point today, I'll make today my Day 1 🌈🧑

Thanks for the motivation!! πŸ™

As a former sufferer of shin splints, I HIGHLY recommend you get fitted for running shoes. It makes a HUGE difference if you get the right pair for you.
  • rayonrainbows
    Options
    Ughhh I just have a pair of *kitten* old shoes that I bought used like a year ago.. I've had to super glue the soles in place several times

I was thinking about getting a new pair when I go back to the market town in 3 weeks. Unfortunately there aren't any shoe fitting places around that I know of unless maybe I travel to Managua (the capital city)

But yes new shoes is a good idea 🧜
  • mrsshots2011
    Options
    @3greyhorses - Agree! I didn't that a couple of years ago and I love them.
  • 3greyhorses
    Options
    I've been noticing knee pain lately (which I've never had before) so I'm going in to get fitted tomorrow. It'll be especially important since I'm doing a running streak (run every day no matter what).
    @rayonrainbows How far is Managua? I'm so curious about where you live! So the market town...how far is that and how often do you go? Is there anything near you?
  • rayonrainbows
    Options
    @mrsshots2011 so i started to do C25K day 1 today, but after jog #2 i started to feel foot pain, so i stopped jogging. I still walked for about an hour.

I'm going to take it easy with the jogging til my feet are happy again! I definitely want to avoid a foot stress related injury as that's what escalated my weight gain starting 2 yrs ago :(

I'm DEF gonna get new shoes next month. I had to apply new super glue to them before our walk today (jamey had to re-superglue his too) πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Fortunately my lungs/chest etc are 100% ready for jogging!!!

Anywho I'll jump back on the train as soon as my feet feel better! But for now I'll just pester you to hold yourself accountable hahah πŸŒˆπŸ§œπŸƒ
  • mrsshots2011
    Options
    @rayonrainbows I'm sorry to hear about your jog yesterday but glad you were able to get that hour in walking. Great job!!!! You just let me know when you start the C25k app but until then bug the hell out of me. LOL!!!! I'll need it!
  • rayonrainbows
    Options
    @mrsshots2011 hola chica! Happy Monday 🌈 how's your C25K coming along? πŸ¦‹πŸŒž
  • mrsshots2011
    Options
    @rayonrainbows Hi there! I did get my 2nd day of the app in yesterday. Didn't really want to but glad I did after it was over. :) Thank you for checking on me!